+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magistrate Queueing!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Magistrate Queueing!

Does anyone else want this? I would love a queue system for buildings where as magistrates come in, as long as you have the money and all requirements the next building in your queue is automatically built. If certain conditions for the next building in the queue aren't met, ie the province already has something building in it, then the building at the top of the queue gets postponed until it is eligible. This would be nice because at the moment I just find it a little irritating to have to stop the game so often to decide where to build stuff. It would be nice if I could plan 10 or 20 buildings at a time rather than ~4, just to reduce the amount of pausing/slow downs

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by xenon5 View Post
    Does anyone else want this? I would love a queue system for buildings where as magistrates come in, as long as you have the money and all requirements the next building in your queue is automatically built. If certain conditions for the next building in the queue aren't met, ie the province already has something building in it, then the building at the top of the queue gets postponed until it is eligible. This would be nice because at the moment I just find it a little irritating to have to stop the game so often to decide where to build stuff. It would be nice if I could plan 10 or 20 buildings at a time rather than ~4, just to reduce the amount of pausing/slow downs
    Sooo much in agreement I wish there was a word for it. Don't know about you but if I get involved in a war or something equally distracting I find it hugely frustrating later on when focus returns to see I've had the maximum amount of magistrates sitting twidling their thumbs for two years doing NOTHING. While mourning the loss of the magistrates that will never be because of the cap.

Do it... do it NOW!!!
    No, I'm not a tree-hugging, granola-eating, hippy-daisy-wearing marshmallow of a creampuff - Scocou.

As EU4 isn't the game for peaceful internal development, I suggest that you use that money to put boots in exotic places... - Knul

Never thought about this, but what an amazing idea! It can't be that hard to make and i would use it constantly. It is things like this we need to improve the flow in EUIII

Wouldn't the buildings need to be preset anyhow?

I wouldn't want to build a constable in a dirt poor province.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Yes, you would just select the province to build in just as if you had a magistrate and it would start building as soon as a magistrate was available.
    Not something likely to happen in a patch but would be very useful.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Yes, you would just select the province to build in just as if you had a magistrate and it would start building as soon as a magistrate was available.
    Not something likely to happen in a patch but would be very useful.
    Seems to me it will take just as much time as building each building as it would picking and making some building order.

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka500k club

Good idea indeed, helps to improves the micromanagement,not to tell reduce the change of lost a colony because i forget to build forts cause i was busy with merchants/spy/rebellions in the other side of the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Wouldn't the buildings need to be preset anyhow?

I wouldn't want to build a constable in a dirt poor province.
    yes would be better if we can choose the buildings.
    like for example i'm building now a church, after that ( when have both money and spare magistrate) a dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Seems to me it will take just as much time as building each building as it would picking and making some building order.
    The idea being you could go around and select 10-15 provs for buildings and then just leave it, they will build once the magistrates are available. I think it's a good idea but too much work, you'd need a screen where you can review build order and such, don't think they'd do it but a good idea for EU4

Back from moderation hell midget_roxx's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Perhaps not a set build order but like how they do merchants. Set a slider to or perhaps a button to divert all magistrates into a certain building such as lvl1 forts

+ Reply to Thread