• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've purchased a copy of M&B Warband from GamersGate, but I can't register it in this forum yet because when I copy-paste the key and click on Register button, nothing happens: I receive no message at all, not even the famous "Invalid key" nor any other thing... And the game is not registered. I've tried in FireFox and Internet Explorer, but no result. Anybody else?

It is a key from GamersGate with the 4x4 format: aaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd

I have copy-pasted it, written it manually, tried typing it as aaaabbbbccccdddd as well... And nothing. I get the page loaded again but absolutelly no message is displayed telling me if there was any problem at all. :glare:

Could it be something related to having tried to unsuccessfully register my previous Steam key of Warband too many times? (The one that I got from Steam and wasn't working in this forum)

Where exactly did you try to put it in? If you do it at the right place, aaaabbbbccccdddd is impossible.

But yes, bought it from GG, pressed serial key, then my games, etc.

What version did you buy? The M&B collection? or just M&B Warband? The first one you can't register, as I see it. Maybe you tried to Register Fire and Sword?

I purchased M&B Warband simply. I clicked on the game in GG, clicked to display the key, copied the key, pasted it in My games of Paradox Plaza, indicating that the game is M&B Warband... And nothing happens. I tried by any mean to register it under the game M&B With Fire and Sword, but there I got the error message that the key is invalid, so it shouldn't be a problem because of the browser or so. I feel really really unlucky with this matter :closedeyes:

Quite sure. Having even copied and pasted would have made it work otherwise :-S

Anyhow, I have tried changing a letter in the key for example, and when pressing the Register button, this way I receive a message that the key is invalid (while I recieve no notification when I put the correct key) :laugh:

This is totally crazy.

Quite sure. Having even copied and pasted would have made it work otherwise :-S

Anyhow, I have tried changing a letter in the key for example, and when pressing the Register button, this way I receive a message that the key is invalid (while I recieve no notification when I put the correct key) :laugh:

This is totally crazy.

Hello Narestel,

Could you please PM me the key you have and I will see what I can find out?

Best Regards
BjornB

Quick Question: Can the GamersGate With Fire & Sword keys successfully be registered on the forums? I would definately pay those 2,50€ for finally getting my icon... :D

Yep, M&B keys from Steam do not work to register them at these forums. GamersGate ones should work.

A member of the PI staff confirmed it to me:

All non-Steam versions of the game should come with a working key.
A couple of retailers sell copies of the game that need to be activated on Steam, those will not work.

I hope it helps...

that is bull.....SH!T. its not hard to make sure cd-keys are valid for registering. now if i ask for tech help people will say "register the game first douchebag" as is very frequent on paradox forums

that is bull.....SH!T. its not hard to make sure cd-keys are valid for registering. now if i ask for tech help people will say "register the game first douchebag" as is very frequent on paradox forums

No they won't. It's a known problem for quite a while already, so most people around here do know about it. And the forums are already open to everyone. And the issue isn't with the key validation itself (GamersGate keys work) but with TaleWorlds losing/not sending the list with the steam keys. So they don't have keys to add to the forum here for validation. Something like that. It's explained in some other thread.