+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improving Clock Speed

Improving Clock Speed

Specs:
    CPU Quad Core @3.4
    Crossfire Radeon HD 6850
    8gb RAM @ 1600

In the beginning of the game, the clock rotates very quickly, but once I gain alliances, I am forced to have line of sight treaty, which really slows down the clock. Is their an option in the game, where in the graphics mode, I can choose to not display other countries units, even if I have the line of sight treaty?

I am much relieved. I have a i7 quad core processor, on my laptop, and the game doesn't even start sometimes!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The problem, most likely, is the 'stacking bug' that happens when nations go to war. If you look at places like Cyprus, it will sometimes be filled with units--this happens a lot when a country goes down fast (like North Korea in the Korean War) and merchant ships are moving toward the place...then the war ends. They will go to the nearest friendly port. So you get a huge stack of stuff sort of shuffling around...which slows the game down considerably.

Try a "no units" game start and see how fast the game runs--like lightning.
    Firm Believer in the Persuasive Power of Collective Violence

Winner of TWO vaunted and extremely rare "curtis Snagglepuss Award for making a classy exit from a thread"

+ Reply to Thread