• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe that fixing of memory leak is on the top in the upcoming patch. Please, let us know, did u find the reason of memory leak or not yet?
It's our #1 priority. We've fixed some causes for it, and reduced its impact, but most of the problem appears to be Unity processes we'll have to kick around somehow to make them let go. We'll do it, but I can't promise we'll have that 100% fixed by tomorrow (or any other date).

Funny thing is that bug never affects me. I keep playing, even having the game on over night, and it plays fine the next morning. It appears some systems are more vulnerable to it than others. When we know what's going on, we'll probably know how to fix it 100%, too.

I know what r u saying ( I'm participating in game development right now and we has such problem too ). I'd advise you to create the special thread on this forum for those who have this bug to write down their PC and OS configuration. It will be easier for you to see where is the problem might be.

My game doesn't crash. Game units just pause/freeze. I still can see waves on the sea. When I press esc I see pop up window - resume, options, go to desktop or go to the main menu. So I press - go to desktop and game close without any crash.

sounds good! I believe I'll have this patch automatically on my Steam as soon as it gets, right? Wish u all good with the patching. This game looks promising. I want to finish my tutorial at once.

Hi,

Im also having the unit freeze but everything else works bug got upto Baltic Breakout with not a single crash or bug, but this one mission is doing it repeatedly about 5 attempts so far generally when there is a large volume of missiles whizzing around :laugh:

Fantastic game though ended up dusting off my modern naval wargame models :) after the bug forced me to play the waiting game for a patch.

I had the game pause/freeze thingy happen to me. The interface still worked fine (time continued, I could access menu etc.) but units were not moving. Happened the first time since I started playing.

Don't know if this is connected, but it happened right after I wanted to try that dipping sonar thing of the ka-27. Also, task manager showed the game used alot(ish) memory, 1.2gb

PS: did this really need to happen when I was about to have a perfect game at the second russian mission? ^^

Attachments

• TTG_NAVALWAR_LOG2012-04-12.txt
    71,9 KB · Views: 47
  • output_log.txt
    62,3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Any more detailed ETA on the patch :)

Would really like to invade Iceland :)

Unfortunately nothing has been improved to my game after the patch :( It still has terrible memory leak and my units freeze in the air and on sea after 5-10 minutes of playing the game

Well, like I said before in this thread, I'd advise u to open a special topic for people like me who experience this problem ( I'm 99% sure it's because of memory leak ) to see what kind of PC and OS we all have. I'm sure you will find the problem easily in this case because we all supposed to have something common.