+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Legitimacy effect Empires?

Captain
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome Gold

Does Legitimacy effect Empires?

In the Wiki it states "Legitimacy is only relevant to monarchies." Does that mean it does not effect Empires or are Empires still Monarchies? I am the Byz Empire in my current game and am curious if it would be a fairly painless way of getting France to leave me alone? They are the defender of the faith and every time I try and get a Catholic province I have cores on they get involved. Venice converted a bunch of provinces then lost them in revolts so I have an easy shot to take them back via reconquest but have to fight France every time and she has a large fleet, 30 Carracks, and is very aggressive. The -20 legitimacy makes me hesitate to concede defeat but if it doesn't effect Empires it seems a good method of ending wars I can't afford at the time. Usually due to Golden Horde interference.

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Empires are technically still Monarchy.

Is France getting involved because it is allied to Venice, or does France has a WARN(ing) against you that allows it to jump into any war you start?

Keep your war exhaustion low, and establish a lot of marriages to get your legitimacy back up, and hire a +legitimacy advisor!!!

Captain
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome Gold

Darn. Oh well. I can afford it for a one shot if really necessary but I'll probably just wait her out till I get a White Peace. My legitimacy is very high. WE is low at the moment, I have been at peace for a while but am thinking of trying to finish my consolidation. Corfu (owned by Venice), Adana (owned by Genoa) and Albania (owned by Venice) are Catholic and I have cores on them. France is getting involved because the some of the provinces I have been retaking, Crete was the last one, are Catholic and she is the "Defender of the Faith". No warnings or alliances involved. Thanks for the Royal Marriage suggestion, I just looked it up on the Wiki and didn't know it raises legitimacy. That will help.

+ Reply to Thread