• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MaxRiga,

If I understand the question correctly: a plane will fly as far at slow speed as cruise speed (but it will take longer, obviously).

So fuel usage is the same at cruise speed than it is at half or slow speed? I didn't know that, thank you.
(Admittedly, i haven't read the manual, but I usually only do that when I'm having trouble, and so far I've found the game to be extremely intuitive).

So fuel usage is the same at cruise speed than it is at half or slow speed? I didn't know that, thank you.
(Admittedly, i haven't read the manual, but I usually only do that when I'm having trouble, and so far I've found the game to be extremely intuitive).
I still a bit confused. I thought that if it flies on low speed it can go, for example, 1000km, on cruise speed 700km and on boosters 300km.
As good Lock On pilot I used boosters to escape from missiles and I fly very slow speed if I have low fuel level. Also, the altitude has the big impact on fuel consumption. Does altitude matter on fuel consumption in the game?

Currently altitude has no influence on fuel consumption (yes, we know).

A plane cannot go slower to increase range. Cruise is optimal speed for maximizing both speed and range. Above cruise speed drastically reduces range. Slow speed will increase time the plane can be in the air, which is good for patrolling fighters, but the max range is the max range.

Currently altitude has no influence on fuel consumption (yes, we know).

A plane cannot go slower to increase range. Cruise is optimal speed for maximizing both speed and range. Above cruise speed drastically reduces range. Slow speed will increase time the plane can be in the air, which is good for patrolling fighters, but the max range is the max range.

I see, thank you for clear answer.

Submarines and t heir uses in NWAC

Figured since I've been at NWAC for all of six months or so, I should share a little of the knowledge I've gained while testing/playing.

My favorite type of unit in NWAC is the submarine. There are three basic types of submarine in NWAC.

Diesel/Electric Attack Subs - Using the tried and true method of diesel engines powering batteries for silent running, but modernized with things like AIP (Air Independent Propulsion) the D/E boat is one of the most dangerous in the shallow littoral waters off of northern Europe. They don't need to surface like the U-Boats of old, and modern sensors and weapons make them powerful if used correctly. They don't have the loiter capability of newer nuclear powered boats, but in shallow waters they are king.

Nuclear Attack Subs - These subs exist for one purpose, find and kill enemy ballistic missile submarines before they can launch. Examples are the US Navy's Los Angeles class, Virginia Class, and the Russian Akula. Many are now out fitted to support special operations teams ashore. They have the newest and most modern sensors to find and kill just about any thing that is in the water with them.

Nuclear Ballistic Missile Subs - "I am Death, the destroyer of worlds" pretty much sums them up. They are the quietest, and can dive very deep. They are the major deterrent of nuclear war now and in the past. It is said the no US Navy Ohio class SSBN has ever been tracked by a hostile unit, and their location at any given moment is the highest national secret. I am proud to say the USS Maine is counted among their number. Some are now being modified to carry a huge number of conventional UGM-109 Tomahawk missiles to saturate ground targets or slice the head off of an enemy C3 center.

The submarine can be used for any number of missions, and perform them well. My personal favorite, however, is the role of scout/forward observer. Their ability to stay undetected allows them to shadow enemy surface groups and report their position. This allows strike aircraft and surface ships to launch AShM (Anti-Ship Missiles) from their maximum range without alerting the enemy with active sensors. Russian subs also carry long range AShM's to effect the attack on their own, but this will reveal the subs position and my be more harm then good. If helicopters are present, break off and go deep. The loss of the platform is not worth any temporary advantage you might gain from a missile or two hitting home. Not when you can no longer track and engage the target, the loss will certainly be felt then.

The stealthy torpedo attack is my preferred method of direct attack with subs. Most likely, by the time the enemy knows they've been attacked, it's too late. Modern torpedoes are VERY lethal to surface ships. One or two hits will normally do the trick, and you will be long gone when they impact. It's important to remember, do not attack the first target you see. Wait for them to get close, very close. Engage every target at once, 2 - 4 torps per ship to make sure. Do NOT move before the attack. Stealth is your main defense, and movement and/or active sensors will alert an enemy to your location.

Hope this helps someone somewhere. My next write up will be on the care and feeding of Arleigh Burke class DDGs and Ticonderoga class CGs.

so how close do you have to be to refuel? I can not seem to get them together....do you join groups? how about multi player? is there a basic server or find people and their IPs???
I'm assuming you are talking about the tankers? Right click on the tankers with the fighters selected. There's no special animation or inicator that they're refueling, the fighters will just fly alongside the tankers for a while and then they will be refeuled.