+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request Flag as Guard Feature be added in as in SOTS1

Request Flag as Guard Feature be added in as in SOTS1

I would like to request that the Sword of the Stars 1 "FLag as Guard" feature be added back in so if you aren't paying attention and forget to assign a fleet to a battle that it doesn't accidently select your colony fleets or construction fleets as the "defense fleet" for an encounter.

It's not quite the same thing but I'll name and rename my fleets depending on their regular missions. "1st Survey", "3rd Patrol", "4th Strike" helps me keep them organized.

Could have sworn this was already in the game.

You can flag fleets with a star, I forget if it's in the fleet manager or in the battle manager, and when combat in the system happens the game will initially auto-select the starred fleet.

Yes ones with stars are the priority fleet to take action if invaded.

Could have sworn this was already in the game... This is why a good manual and tooltips are important. Nobody actually knows what feature is in the game and where it is.

Flag fleets with a star? So what do you mean by that, put a star in their name or something? Right click fleet, flag as guard, and when your attacked and accidently choose a fleet its chosen automatically. Superior and takes half a second.

Thought it is obvious, you can select a fleet in the battle manager (or fleetmanager) by just click on it. Fleet with the golden star will be assigned as fleet for combat.

+ Reply to Thread