• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
~ Way-points seem bugged are just don't work
~ It doesn't seem possible to see ships in a battle group as individual items on the map

Waypoints seem to work ok in my game, haven't seen any issues. You just right-click on the map to direct a unit there or right-press and drag to do a patrol square. Its easy and it works for me.

You need to zoom in max to see individual ships. The zooming is another thing I would really like to see improved. At the moment you jump from seeing 20nm or something per inch down to 1nm per inch approx. I get frustrated that there aren't at least two more zoom steps between these, the larger zoom is too much to plan sub attacks properly and the lowest zoom is far too close to see both the sub and the ship you are attacking. Its even worse when you have the map minimised and the 3d view maximised - the zoom steps are even worse. Needs completely smooth zooming on the map I think or a way to reduce the zoom steps like by pressing the shift as you zoom.

Another thing I hate to see is how the AMRAAMs slow down when they miss a plane and then turn around slowly and start chasing it again - how stupid is that! Once a missile misses a plane it has no chance of reacquiring it due to it being outside its seeker head tracking ability not to mention that the missile would not have enough energy or fuel to catch the plane again. its probably just an abstracted way of showing how the missile turns to follow the plane when close in but it looks stupid.

Another dodgy thing about the AMRAAMs is how they can seemingly acquire another plane if the first target is blown up. AMRAAMs pass the launching planes' radar assist point half way to the target from what I remember from Falcon 4 and EF2000 - and they then fly the rest of the journey on their own tracking. They cannot acquire new targets unless they are still under the launching planes control. These aren't ALARMS you know!! I haven't tested whether this happens when the missiles are very close to the targets so this could only happen when they have lots of flight time left - I will have to look at it a bit more.

I do feel the game enemies are far too lax in their defence. Ships are known to be lethal to approach which is why you have long range missiles to attack them with but in this game you can get really close without getting attacked and you only seem to get a missile launched at you if you go to active radar.

About the Typhoon - my favourite plane! How come they can get detected so far away from AWACS? I thought they are meant to be stealthy planes? Should be far more difficult to detect them I would imagine.

About stability by the way I have played most of the demo tutorial now and a couple of tries at the missions and had no crashes whatsoever. There is also no save facility at all in the demo - a pain but is it probably meant to be like that to encourage you to buy the game, dunno? Either way the demo has been very stable to date.

Hope the developers are dedicated to sorting out many of these non-bug issues. Certainly would go a long way to encouraging me to buy it in due course.

Last edited:
Delete ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam folder then next time you start Steam it will reset it all back to default and it should work as advertised.

p.s. read this thread and it tells you how to run the game without needing to load Steam at all.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ve-Internet-connection-is-required-to-play-SP

The problem in deleting the 'steam_api.dll' file is that Steam re-write it the next time you go online, and you need to go online now and then to receive the patches.
At any rate, I solved my problem and I'll do no other experiment; I prefer to play the game.

Just played the Demo. As I've previously played all of the Harpoon classics I didn't know what to expect.

After fighting with the UI for some time I found myself getting the hang of it pretty fast once the initial bumps were passed.

Some bugs like flying my carriergroup (when grouped with an air unit as group leader) was less than impressive, the ability to turn off the sensors of harpoons in flight was another one, and a few others but that is to be expected I guess.

Overall this game sure has great potential and I spent about 2 hours on the Demo alone without tiring (with the exception of the repetitive music).
It feels a bit "simple" compared to other games of the genre (with Harpoon as the benchmark) and the tactical realism when it comes to datalinks, sensor modes and electronic warfare in general could need some love.
Also the ASW seems a tad too easy with choppers and planes easily finding, straddling and torpedo-sniping the poor submersibles. ASW in shallows is anything but easy, even with choppers and towed arrays.

Given a large and steady flow of missions and campaigns it's definitively a buy for me and I sure hope it will grow into a true masterpiece that will define the genre just like Harpoon did back in the days.
GJ to the Devs so far.

Quite frankly loving this game, worth every penny at ~£15.00 just for the shear amount of time I’ve been playing it now, everything else has been put on the back burner.

I’m finding some of the missions a real challenge, the kind of challenge that you think about when you’re away from your computer, and you have to take breaks from the game due to frustration, but its the “right kind of frustration” the same frustration I felt when playing commandos back in the day and my plan didn’t come together. Or Hidden and Dangerous. Although those are very different games its giving me a similar feeling, when I put a hour into a plan, and a battle and its all going so well until…. Oh crap I didn’t expect that, I’ve been destroyed! Inevitably happens.

The cat and mouse nature of huge areas, various generations of stealth technology, active and passive radar/sonar just works incredibly well in a game like this.

I must have put 4-6 (none consecutive) hours into the “Baltic Breakout” mission on the NATO side, getting the right amount of visibility of the hostile’s, enough jets in the air to counter the huge amount of Russian air power and incoming missiles, at the same time as trying to throw enough missiles at the enemy ships to break their protective SAM launchers was a real juggling act. In the end I managed to do it with all my ships surviving and only losing about 20 Jets and ALL OF STOCKHOLM…. Acceptable losses apparently!

Can’t recommend this enough, although it does have a few issues, its great to see the first patch already pushed out, and the communication on this forum from the developers with the community, taking feedback on-board and generally being awesome. I just wish it had an encyclopaedia of information on the units/weapons included and their capabilities. As sometimes I don’t know the difference between the different surface attack missiles etc, and its not made very clear… Easy to pick up, difficult to master, just like some of my favourite games of old, theres not enough games like this these days. Thanks Turbo Tape.