• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What, you can not save in a mission?

Not a good decision. What when the game crashes in a mission? Or it take to long to finish befor quitting?

Maybe there is going to be a patch for that?
Without saving in a mission, it's nothing for me, because i have not the time to play a mission in one try.

greetings from Germany
Nico

No save? Really? Wow. Just saved me $20---esp as mentioned before, the whole SotS 2 and HoI III disasters. Luckily, I didn't jump at the latest Gettysburg, wanted to, but held back. No save is a deal breaker for me. Ouch

Like lots of things like the patrol orders and the models are very nice.

The Royal Navy carrier group is a bit odd I would like to think the MOD would be allowed to buy Hawkeye and F18s but I cant see it plausably happening - maybe in game these are USN/USMC crossdecking?

Need to read the manual so i can understand how attack orders work as my F35Cs just flew in circles around the enemy aircracft without shooting.

Also noticed that alot of the missiles seem not to be modelled.

Sidewinder is just the AMRAAM model and Sea Skua and HARm are just generic cuise missile models.

Also miss the animation of missiles being destroyed and some odd quirks like aircraft suddenly climbing thousands of feet.

I realise this is just £15 and is more aimed at fun rather than realism but this irks my inner gronard.

Im sorry I dont mean to moan - I will spend some more time with the game and read the manual.

This game is awesome, you all really outdid yourselves with this! I am certainly going to need to do more practice however, I just did one of the skirmish missions (got stuck in one of the campaign missions) and sunk the Admiral Kuznetsov after two barrages of missiles. It was satisfying watching them run out of SAMs and my missiles hitting the mark! Early on I stopped a massive air raid by Russian bombers by the skin of my teeth, my fighters having to use their guns near the climax.

I do need to learn how to better use my aircraft and helicopters, and how to use jamming and all that.

Hi, apart from a freeze bug I like it.
But aircraft loadout seems to be a bit off.
8 AMRAAMs for a F-35C?
In stealth config, it can carry 2, perhaps 8 are possible with external hardpoints but here they are in stealth config.

Very pleased with what I have seen so far. Love the way this game represents both fun and very challenging aspects. At the moment I'm really bad, but I guess with time I'll become better in understanding naval warfare tactics and such.

Also I see that some are complaining about the end result (Graphics etc.), but that's more the case on NAWAC videos on Youtube than on this forum (Which is awesome I have to say, seeing that the developers are constantly discussing with us on how to make it even better). Anyways, I don't think criticism in that area are justified seeing that this is a game produced on a low-budget, and it should also be said that it only costs €19, which for me is a really good price!

No, AFAIK it can fit quite a bit of weaponry in its weapons bay. :)

Hes correct regarding the external hardpoints. No way theres ever going to be room for 8 amraams in the bay. The real question is how much a missile would compromise the stealth abilities ? Proboably not too much is my guess. The main problem seems to be the balance of the game imo. I just killed 19 russian fighters in the "on the rocks mission" losing only 2 fighters. On top of that I managed to kill their whole CSG with the two astutes lol. ^^

Im really looking forward to play vs some of you guys online sometime.

So far Im really happy with the game. I just wish there was a smother way to add and remove groups.

No save? Really? Wow. Just saved me $20---esp as mentioned before, the whole SotS 2 and HoI III disasters. Luckily, I didn't jump at the latest Gettysburg, wanted to, but held back. No save is a deal breaker for me. Ouch
Dude I finish a mission in 20 mins and no save is a great way to make sure you actually have to beat the game and not just load every time you mess up. Im happy they didnt add it.

Edit: The main difference between me and the AI seems that I manage to use my AWACS and keep them alive. That really changes everything.

Seems pretty good but IMHO Janes is still the king, there is a lack of atmosphere (prolly some radio chatter would help) Model detail is not all that great (by todays standards) infact textures arent all that either BUTT.....They did put out a solid effort for what the title is, even if its crashed 4 times now...no editor...no saving and comic book text box's of the 80's BUTT...it was only 20.00 and that is a kick in the pants to those 60.00 dollar games thas been breakin our wallets lately, AND... I'm having fun with it and thats really what counts

I have been playing the tutorial and little in the mission, still much to learn but i love this so far, , and got it on a good price also.Since i realise this is nt ment to be 150% accurate i can well live without every single missile and so on to have real look, but job well done Dev. team.

Lockheed already have a plan to put 3 AAM in each internal bay and the British have already said they plan to deploy stealth pylons with AAM on their F-35 so 2 ASRAAM and 8 AMRAAM is certainly possible by 2030.

Had my first crash/freeze. Just finished the 4th or 5th NATO campaign mission (the ASW one), had the victory screen up, went to work on something else and came back 15 mins later and the screen was frozen and there was a popup window that said the game have crashed.

My first impressions are very much like a bunch of folks already in this thread!

1. So glad to have a game like this! Much appreciation to the devs!

2. I also experience an occasional crash.

3. But it's so exciting to have this to play around with, I don't mind much. And with the dedication the devs have already expressed toward the project, I have no doubt that issues like this will be ironed out in due time.

Thanks again, Turbo Tape.

My first impression is cautiously favourable.

There are a few things I'm missing however, that I hope will be introduced in future patches.

Options for enabling/disabling range circles for weapon systems, sonar/radar, fuel etc.
A better message window.
More uncertainty when it comes to detection.

All in all, it's looking promising. I hope this is a game that will be much improved on in future patches.

There is no Scenario editor like Jane's Fleet Command, my dear development team would you release something like that or would you please telling me how to mod this game?

Thanks!

My first impressions are:

There's a battlecruiser (sort of).
It (sort of) has batteries to fire on enemy ships.

The tactical depth in this game is pretty good.

Did I mention the battlecruiser?

It hadn't even occurred to me that it doesn't have one, because it doesn't need one. Scenarios aren't that long. But don't let me get in the way of your drama.