• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can`t agree with "we want saves" crowd, sorry. Missions are reasonably short and it should not a big problem to play the whole mission. Lack of saves makes gameplay more tense and interesting - there were situations where I would reload if I could but I was forced to deal with consequences of bad decisions... and it is fun!
Then there can be a mode without saving and one with saving. Why not have something for everyone if it isn't too much trouble to add? Also...

Well, I had the opinion, that the missions last longer than 20 minutes. But when they are easy walk-throughs I`m not interested either. I like my games to be long / immersive / deep, so I have to make a pause and can start my savegame the next day.
If people are able to make their own missions, they could likely be long like Stuckenschmidt here mentions. Lack of in-game save could limit the modding community in the kind of scenarios that would be reasonable to create. Not everyone wants only short missions or to play straight through one really long session.

I've just noticed my AIM-120D AMRAAMs re-acquire a new target (the old target got shot down) and flew off and destroyed that new target. Are those realistic capabilities of the D model?

I like the game so far...but...i expected better graphics..and...the briefing of the missions is horrible...no speech?...no character movement?...i would like HD video with actors (like red alert) ...the briefing seems to be ...how can i say it...'childish'....

Remember that TTG is a small, limited-time/low-funded, 1st-game developer. And tbh, all the things you mentioned are superficial, and add nothing to the actual gameplay :p Sure, they're not bad to have, but they're not crucial either. I recall PacMan and Tetris having pretty shoddy graphics ;)

I dont mind the graphics at all, it has a rather DEFCON feel about it. The briefings kind of ruin immersion though yeah. But, they're hardly the main part of the game.

the devil is in the details Brother :)

EDIT: General Baker yes you are right about that i know is a small company ... and many bravos for their game ... hehehe pacman was in the 80's...lol

I will be watching this forum to see how the game shapes up over the next few weeks. I don't buy anything until weeks after release these days - too many bugged games being released these days.

Lots of options for saving are a must in a game like this where you want to savour the missions, not rush at them headlong. Cant believe this wasn't added. I presume you can save ok inside the campaign?

Does this game come with a dynamic sandbox type campaign, or is it all just linear missions one after another that make up the campaigns. And if just linear missions, if you fail one do you have to replay in order to continue? If a fully dynamic campaign (unlikely I have to admit) I will be very interested in the game and probably will buy it despite the graphics. In the case of dynamic missions I would still consider buying if its done well. In the case of linear, non-dynamic missions I most certainly wont be buying - I hate canned missions, even more so when you cannot continue until you succeed in each mission.

Agree that view of missiles launching, targets being hit etc should be very exciting with great graphical and sound effects. Otherwise there is no point in the 3d side of the game at all and it will just become an annoying waste of screen space - might as well be another harpoon game otherwise (which I never bought - too much like watching a radar screen, and that's not fun for me).

I have some doubts in that I suspect that this game could be trying hard to be both graphical impressive and a detailed strategy game and that, like the total war games, neither the 3d nor the strategy will be very well realised because of it. Ie this type of game is crying out for a fully dynamic campaign to make it a worthwhile purchase if the graphics are quite lousy - I bet £1000 it doesn't have one though.

But I will wait and see what the forum people say!

Just did the mission "Flashpoint Keflavik" - it was great fun. It's pretty hard taking down an enemy CVG battle group. The AI could have been a little better, it sent waves of fighters at me in piecemeal which I found easy to defeat, and thus they had nothing left in the end allowing my strike groups to attack their battle group with impunity.

1zv3bd1.jpg

One thing I noticed is that towards the end of the mission it felt as if there was a memory leak. Something was hitting performance pretty bad. I have 2x4 cores i7 2.76's and 12GB of RAM, for the record. :)

"Saves on exit" feature at least would be nice. That would allow you to start a game even if you are not sure if something is going to interrupt you.

...,no dynamic campaign,...

Ah that's a real shame but not entirely surprising. But is the campaign then made up of semi dynamic missions or are they all just canned linear ones? I can live with dynamic missions that change dependant on the players actions. I cant live with canned missions.

I have to say I suspected the worst when I saw the word 'story' in the game write up. Any strategy game that contains any kind of pre-written 'story' is not a game I would play. I like games where you create your own story. I hate playing developer written games where all you do is progress through a pre-determined path and that path never changes. You never get the feeling you are part of one large war that is changing around you based on your actions.

I wonder if the developers have any plans to release a dynamic campaign for this game? Of course it would require some nifty AI.

Shame anyway I thought this game showed some promise until now. Non-purchase for me I am afraid by the sound of it :(

You can spend loads of time and money on graphics and detail but if a high level of AI and dynamic game-play isn't there....

Last edited:
There is only one war game I have ever played in my entire history of gaming (since the days of the C-64) that had a real, proper, working dynamic campaign, and that was Falcon 4 (subsequently Falcon 4 Allied Force). And that game was genius, but so horribly broken upon release it had to be remade. Falcon 3 I recall had one as well, along with some F-22 flight sim I played, but they were not on the level of Falcon 4.

It would be awesome if we had a dynamic campaign, but expecting one is a little too much. A mission editor would go a long way, however. :)

Last edited:
There is only one war game I have ever played in my entire history of gaming (since the days of the C-64) that had a real, proper, working dynamic campaign, and that was Falcon 4 (subsequently Falcon 4 Allied Force).

:wub:

Pacific Storm had a neat campaign too, but the AI could have been brighter.