• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1938-10-03
Our plans to use the injustice against the Germans in the Sudetenland to manufacture a cause for an intervention against Czechoslovakia is coming along great. Today the leaders of France and Britain offered to to travel to Germany to help solve this crisis. I will meet with their representatives next week in Munich. Mussolini is also invited as "neutral" mediator.

1938-10-10
Today I met with the British prime minister Neville Chamberlain, the French president Édouard Daladier and the Italian Duce Mussolini in Munich. I wanted to uses the manufactured crisis in the Sudetenland as a cause for a war with Czechoslovakia but sadly the spineless French and British agreed with all my demands and at the end of the day we signed an agreement which forces the Czech to simply hand over the Sudetenland. To go to war with them now would be totally unjustified.

mnchnerabkommen.jpg

1938-10-11
After I signed the "Munich Agreement" yesterday our troops have occupied the Sudetenland and have been greeted by the grateful German population. I might not have gotten all I wanted but as it seems this peaceful solution gave our administration a significant popularity boost at home. And we also were able to neutralize the formidable Czech border defenses which will be a great advantage if we ever have to go to war against their country in the future.
Later this day I received a telegram from a Professor Heisenberg who is a member of the "German Uranium Club". He wanted to thank me for giving him easier access to the Uranium mines in the Erzgebirge, the mountain range on the former Czech border. The biggest mine near the city of Aussig is now under German control and is producing the rare uranium ore exclusively for us. I don't know what he is doing with it but I'm glad that he is happy.

aussig.jpg

Aussig on the Elbe river​

1938-11-12
Early this morning I got a call from my foreign minister von Ribbentrop who informed me that today the puppet leaders of Mengkukuo had officially capitulated to the Chinese army. The situation in China seems to be deteriorating for the Japanese. A while back they had lost their beachhead in the south near Shanghai and recently I can't even get the Japanese ambassador on the phone to ask about their progress in the north. Information about what is going on is hard to come by but if we can believe the Chinese propaganda they are about to enter Japanese controlled Manchuria soon.

fallofmengkukuo.jpg

1939-01-13
After many years of planing the construction of our first two aircraft carriers began today on the Germaniawerft in Kiel. If all goes according to the plan the two carriers named "Graf Zeppelin" and "Peter Strasser" will be operational in June 1941.
The revised plans for our new Destroyers were also completed this week and I have placed an ordered for ten ships with the Blohm & Voss shipyard in Hamburg.

1939-01-25
After many delays I finally got a hold of the Japanese ambassador today and he confirmed what the Chinese have been telling the world over the past few weeks: The Chinese army has won a number of crucial battles in northern China and is now marching on the capital of Manchuria. Apparently the Soviet Union sent military advisors to China and has been training Chinese officers in Soviet military academies for the last year.

1939-01-28
We have been approached recently by the Slovenian separatist leader Jozef Tiso who wanted to know if he could count on our support if he and his people would declare themselves independent from the rest of Czechoslovakia. This is a great opportunity to finally get what I wanted all along during the Sudetenland-crisis: A war to annex Bohemia and Moravia. I assured him that we would back his new state and ordered my generals to draft an invasion plan codenamed "Fall Grün".

Fall Grün
("Case Green" or "the invasion of Czechoslovakia")

1938-02-10
After we've been contacted by Tiso my general staff drafted up a plan to invade Czechoslovakia, "Fall Grün". Five infantry cops will secure the Czech border under the command of the 5th Army in the south and the 3rd Army in the north. Their orders will be to advance until they meet resistance and then to hold the line. The real blow will come from our new Panzer Divisions in the east. The 1st SS Panzer Corps, consisting of the LSSAH motorized division and the 1st SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" will advance from the south to take the City of Brün and then meet up with the 1st Panzer Corps which is advancing from the north. This pincer movement will cut Czechoslovakia in half and guarantee the success of Tiso's uprising in the Slovakian part of the country. To finish off the Czechs the 1st Light Panzer Corps commanded by General Guderian and equipped with fast moving tanks will follow the advance of the 1st Panzer Corps but after they have broken through the Czech lines they will turn west and go straight towards Prag. If all goes well this campaign will be over before the Czechs know what has happened.
The start of this operation will be on the 16th of February. To further increase our chances of success I've invited the Czech president Emil Hácha to meet me in Berlin on the 15th of February.

1938-02-15
Emil Hácha has arrived in Berlin this evening with his foreign minister. After he waited outside my office for a few hours I met with him and told him that I was about to invade his country. I told him that he should order his troops to stand down if he wanted to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed. He was quite shocked and I let Göring talk to him. I later found out that Hácha had a heart attack this evening before he actually phoned his general staff and gave the order to stay in the barracks, no matter what. Apparently my old friend Göring was very pervasive.

1938-02-16
At around 6 o'clock our troops crossed the Czech border and advanced deep into enemy territory without any opposition. Tiso and his patriots declared their independence this afternoon. It appears we actually have managed to conquer Bohemia and Moravia without firing a single shot.

endofczechoslovakia.jpg

1938-02-17
Encouraged by our recent actions Mussolini made a move against Albania today. After a short ultimatum his troops set foot on Albanian soil this afternoon and they are expected to annex that tiny country peacefully before the week is over.
Less pleasant news came from Britain today: After our actions against Czechoslovakia they have now officially guaranteed the independence of Poland.

italytakesalbania.jpg

1938-02-20
More bad news from the west, France has mobilized their army today. We will have to be careful with our next move. My general staff urged me to mobilize as well but I don't think that they will actually act. I can still remembering what happened the last times all European nations mobilized at the same time and I definitely don't want another world war...

francemobilizes.jpg

1938-02-25
King Miklós Horthy of Hungary was on a visit in Berlin today. His government had become more and more pro-Fascist over the past few months and I wanted to talk about whether he wanted to join the "Pact of Steel" with Italy and us. King Horthy was not opposed to that idea but he had his own agenda. He explained to me his desire to recreate the Austria-Hungarian Empire, this time under Hungarian leadership and of course without Austria. For this cause he asked me for permission to annex the newly created Slovakian state north of their border. Those territories had been part of Austria-Hungary for a long time but after the annexation of the Czech part of Czechoslovakia we formed an alliance with the Slovaks who were grateful to us for their independence. I told the King that we would protect our new friends and wouldn't tolerate any aggression towards them. After that the meeting ended abruptly and Horthy left Berlin immediately.

1938-03-02
I awoke early this morning by the constant ringing of my telephone. It was my foreign minister von Ribbentrop who informed me that the Hungarians had just declared war on Slovakia. That bastard King Horthy went to war even after I warned him not to. We had a heated debate in the Reichskanzlei all day whether we should come to the aid of Tiso or if we should avoid this conflict. The stakes were high, if we helped the Slovaks we would have to invade Hungary, which would most likely ruin our relations with Yugoslavia and Romania, two of our most important trade partners for iron ore and oil. But if we stayed neutral we would loose a great part of our credibility after we guaranteed the independence of Slovakia.
In the end I decided with a heavy heart to let the Hungarians take their price. But I won't forget this betrayal any time soon.

hungarianslovakwar.jpg

1938-03-06
Six days after their attack the Hungarians have now taken full control of Slovakia. Together with Britain and France we have sent an angry letter to their government protesting against their unjustified war. It must have looked a little bit hypocritical but it was the least I could do (in addition to expelling their ambassador).

theendofslovakia.jpg

1938-03-16
To take my mind off the whole situation with Hungary I've focused on the issue of the Memelland for the past days. After stationing a substantial amount of troops on their border the Lithuanians agreed to return that strip of land which was given to them in 1923 by the French.

memelland.jpg

1938-03-17
Bad news from Japan today: After their impressive campaign in Manchuria the Chinese reached the border of the Japanese colony in Korea today. The Japanese have almost completely withdrawn from Manchuria to Korea leaving that huge territory largely undefended. Our attempts to mediate between China and Japan have been rejected by both parties. My intelligence minister Canaris told me that the Japanese are trying get the Soviets to broker a honorable cease-fire.

chinesemovingonkorea.jpg

1938-03-18
The construction of a new early warning system against enemy aircrafts started today. A chain of so called radar stations will be constructed alongside our coastal line and our western border. These stations will be able to detect enemy planes long before they reach our airspace which will give our fighters enough time to intercept them.

radarconstruction.jpg

Our first radar station in Wilhelmshaven​

1938-05-03
Shocking news from Asia today: The Manchurian government has surrendered to China today. The entire country is now under their control while the fighting continues in Korea. If the Japanese are unable to reach an agreement with the Chinese they might loose Korea as well.

chinesevictoryoverjapan.jpg

1938-05-04
The Tennō of Japan has dissolved the Japanese parliament today. For the first time in history he addressed his people in a public broadcast, telling them that their military and political leaders had failed them and him. He continued to explain that he had been able to negotiate a honorable peace with the Chinese with the help of Joseph Stalin.

1938-05-05
Today the details of the peace treaty signed by China, Japan and the Soviet Union were made public:
  • Japan will renounce all claims on Manchuria which will be taken over by China as reparations for the war.
  • Chinese troops will retreat from Korea which remains a colony of Japan.
  • The Japanese will renounce their claims on the southern part if the island of Sakhalin which will be taken over by the Soviet Union.
  • Japan will sign a treaty of economic and military cooperation with the Soviet Union.

japansurrenderstochina.jpg

With this very unfortunate turn of events we have lost all of our influence in Asia.

About the japan situation look on the bright side, after such defeat, it would be difficult to Japan attack Pearl harbor, thus no USA meddle in your Lebensraum

1939-04-13
I received a letter from King Miklós Horthy of Hungary today. He wanted to know if I would support him in his endeavor to acquire Transylvania from Romania as part of his plan to restore all the lands of the former Austrian-Hungarian Empire. I declined of course and warned him about taking any military measures against Romania, this time we wouldn't stand idly by as he wages another war against one of our friends. We are on very friendly terms with the Romanians and a major portion of our petroleum comes from their oilfields which we must protect at all costs.

1939-08-01
Over the past years we have not only spend all of our money on the rearmament of our armed forces, we have also run up a tremendous debt which has been kept hidden by clever tricks from my finance minister von Krosigk. The annexation of Austria and Bohemia has granted us some breathing space but if we don't acquire more fresh money we will be bankrupt by the end of the year. The next target is clear: Poland.
With the British guarantee to defend Poland's independence it is very likely that if we move against Poland we will also have to deal with England and France. My Generals are telling me that we are not strong enough to win a war against them on our own and it is doubtful that Mussolini will help us, but we don't have a choice.
Another problem will be the Soviet Union. Our longterm plan is to invade them to acquire the territory and resources we need. But if we really have to fight Britain and France we will have to ensure somehow that they don't stab us in the back.
My foreign minister has proposed a very interesting plan: We promise the Soviets not to interfere if they wish to take back the countries that belonged to the former Russian Empire and in return they promise not to interfere with our operations in the West.
Von Ribbentrop will travel to Moscow this week to meet with the soviet foreign minister Molotov.

1939-08-06
Von Ribbentrop and Molotov signed an agreement in Moscow today. Officially it is only a declaration of friendship and economic cooperation but it has also a few secret clauses:
  • The Baltic states as well as Finland will be part of a Soviet Sphere in which we won't interfere.
  • If we attack Poland they promise to support us and as a reward the country will divided between us.
  • They will stay neutral in any conflict between us and other western European nations.

molotovribbentroppact.jpg

Von Ribbentrop, Stalin and Molotov after the pact has been signed​

1939-08-25
With our new pact with the Soviets we can finally prepare our move against Poland. Over the past weeks we have spread propaganda about mistreatment of the German majority in our former East Prussian provinces. I've used these fabricated as a justification to mobilize our army yesterday. The final straw that we will use as cause for a war will be a staged attack on one of our radio stations on the Polish-German border, the Reichssender Gleiwitz. In the night of the 31th of August members of the Waffen SS, dressed as Polish soldiers, will storm the station and broadcast messages in Polish for all the world to hear. On the very next day we shall attack. To ensure that we don't have to fight a two front war should Britain and France intervene I've ordered my Generals to develop a plan that will allow us to conquer Poland in less then a month, codenamed "Fall Weiß".

reichssendergleiwitz.jpg

Reichssender Gleiwitz​

And the war begins.....................Now the interesting part of this story starts!

Fall Weiß
("Case White" or "the invasion of Poland")

1939-08-31
The plan for the invasion of Poland was codenamed "Fall Weiß" and its central idea was to split Poland in half and to encircle its capital to achieve an early surrender in case we would have to face the western allies (I still hope they stay neutral in this conflict). The main thrust will come from our three main tank formations in the south. The 1st Panzer Korps will break through the enemy lines and the 1st and 2nd light Panzer Korps will exploit the breach and advance towards Warsaw. The flanks will be secured by the 1st Waffen SS Koprs in the North and the XIII. Infantry Korps in the South. The 1st SS Panzer Korps will advance from Ostpreußen towards Warsaw where they will meet the Panzer troops of the 6th Army west of Warsaw at the Vistula river. To close the ring around Warsaw paratroopers of the 1st Fallschirmjäger Division will land east of the city.
In the South the 1st Alpenjäger Korps will advance towards Krakau and in the North our Marines will attack the vital city of Danzig, supported by the Baltic Fleet (our new ships from Plan Z are not operational yet). The rest of the army will advance as far as they can without taking too many casualties.

1939-09-01
At precisely 05:45 the first shots were fired by our battleship "Schleswig-Holstein" that sailed to Danzig for a courtesy visit last week. First reports from our troops indicate that we have caught the Polish army by complete surprise and by the end of the day our forces have broken thorough the enemy lines at multiple points and our tanks were advancing rapidly towards Warsaw, just as planned.

schleswigholsteinattack.jpg

The first shots of the war from the Schleswig-Holstein.​

1939-09-02
Shortly after we started our attack on Poland we have received a very angry telegram by the British prime minister who demanded that we retreat from Polish territory immediately. I still had hope that they would stay out of this conflict but today French naval vessels have attack convoy-ships that were returning from our trading partners in America. Apparently we are now at war with France, Britain and their Commonwealth as well. This is what my generals were afraid of but I'm confident that we will prevail. I've ordered to stop all oversees trade and signed the necessary paperwork to completely mobilize our entire country for total war, we will need all our resources if we want to defeat the western Allies.

francesinksgermanconvoy.jpg

1939-09-03
Today Stalin made his move, but not against Poland as I had expected. He declared war on Finland today to reclaim the northern territories that they had lost after the great war. In our pact we promised him that we would not interfere in their sphere of influence but I had hoped that we would be able to continue trading with the Finns.

beginofthefinnishwinter.jpg

1939-09-04
Interesting news from Asia today: The Communists who had been hiding in the mountains of China have declared that they would march on Beijing to take over the country from their corrupt leaders. Their forces are small but there is no telling if not some Divisions of the National Chinese Army will join their ranks. Many of their commanders have been trained in the Soviet Union during the Japanese Chinese War and might have been indoctrinated with communist ideas.

beginofchinesecivilwar.jpg

1939-09-07
The spearheads of our Panzer forces have reached Warsaw today and our paratroopers are fighting to close the gap. Our advance was so quick that we have trapped the bulk of the enemy forces in a huge pocket west of Warsaw.

encirclementofwarsaw.jpg

1939-09-12
British bombers have dropped bombs on Dortmund today. The damage was minimal and our fighters were able to inflict heavy casualties on the enemy aircrafts even if they were unable to stop them.

1939-09-13
Over the past few days we have completely destroyed the Polish forces in the field and I expect the city of Warsaw to surrender any day now. I was a little bit surprised today to hear that Stalin had finally decided to join the war in Poland and was now invading from the east. Apparently he was concerned that we might dishonor our agreement and would occupy all of Poland.

sovietuniondeclareswaro.jpg

1939-09-14
We've received requests from Finland today to help them in their fight against the Soviets. I would love to help them but to violate our pact with Stalin now would mean to risk a two fronts war with Britain, France and the Soviets.

1939-09-15
After heavy fighting the last troops in Warsaw surrendered today and our victorious troops marched through the city. As previously agreed upon the Soviets took over the eastern part of Poland and we have taken control of the western part. Poland capitulated after only two weeks, surely a shock to the western allies who haven't even tried to attack our border defenses by now.
In order to compensate our losses from the suspended overseas trade I've ordered to adopt a policy of "total exploitation" in Poland to ensure that we can extract all possible resources from the conquered territories.

victoryinpoland.jpg

Our victorious troops are marching through Warsaw.​

A nice quick victory over Poland.....excellent!! Now shift to the west....by the way, what Mods are you using? Looks like one of your SS Panzer Korp Divisions is the LSSAH??

Hello KLorberau,

I'm using some stuff from I.C.E. like the leaders, traits and additional German units (SS, quad transport planes, amphibious tanks, etc). I've also added some stuff myself like events to push the game in the direction I want.

1939-10-07
The civil war in China is getting hotter, many army units have switched sides and are now fighting for the Communists. The nationalists had to expect this when they allowed the Soviets to train their troops.

civilwarinchina.jpg

1939-10-18
I was in Hamburg today to oversee the commission of our newest battleship, the KMS Bismarck. This superb vessel will undoubtedly become the pride of our navy. Her sister ship, the KMS Tirpitz will be completed on the 6th of February. Grand Admiral Raeder was pleased with the current progress of Plan Z but I had bad news for him: I've decided to put the construction of our two aircraft carriers "Graf Zeppelin" and "Peter Strasser" on hold. They were scheduled to be operational in mid 1941 but at the time we need all of our resources to expand the Wehrmacht if we want to have a fighting chance to beat France and Britain next year.

bismarckcompleted.jpg

The KMS Bismarck leaving the shipyard in Hamburg.​

1939-11-05
The Soviets have captured the Finish capital of Helsinki today. Even though the Fins have offered generous peace terms to the Soviets, Stalin seems to be determined to reclaim the entire region for Russia.

1939-12-07
Communist troops took control of Beijing today. They now control most of the Chinese main land but in the Himalaya the fighting continues against the free Chinese forces of Tibet and Yunnan.

civilwarinchinanational.jpg

1939-12-24
The first Christmas of the war and uncle Stalin has given us a nice Christmas present: They announced today that they have now full control over Finland and that they are willing to continue to trade the rare resources from northern Finland with us, as the Fins have done in the past. With our current trade arrangement all of our industries need for rare metals like aluminum or tungsten will be secured for the foreseeable future.

finlandsurrenders.jpg

1940-02-06
I had a meeting with my General Staff today to discus our further plans. We agreed that we would have to take on the French this summer. For this task I've already started to expand the tank forces but they also argued that it would be wise to develop countermeasures against tanks ourselves. We decided that every German Infantry Division should be equipped with an anti tank brigade, in case our enemies have learned the same lessons from our campaign in Poland as we did.

newfivebrigadeinfantry.jpg

Our new Infantry Divisions will consist of three fighting and two support brigades.​

1940-02-15
I've received bad news from my armament minister Fritz Todt today: Our industry has about 14,500 tons of steel stockpiled which at the current deficit of 82 tons of steel per day would last only another 6 months. If we don't act soon our vital war industry might run out of steam in the middle of our conflict with the western Allies. Before the British and French blockaded all of our overseas trade, most of our steel was coming from Brazil and the US. Right now Sweden is our main trading partner. All of the Swedish iron ore is sipped from the Norwegian port of Narvik, which makes our convoys vulnerable to British attacks if they decide to ignore Norwegian neutrality, which was just discussed in the British parliament last week.
I've asked my Generals to come up with a plan to secure these vital resources. Grand Admiral Raeder proposed a joined operation of the Kriegsmarine, the Luftwaffe and the Wehrmacht against Denmark and Norway. He argued that we could take both countries in a matter of days with minimal losses which would not only secure our shipping lanes along the Norwegian coast but would also isolate Sweden and force them to exclusively trade with us, solving our steel shortage. The working title of the Operation is "Unternehmen Weserübung".

Last edited:
Unternehmen Weserübung
("Operation Weserübung" or "the invasion of Denmark and Norway")

1940-02-20
At the end of this month four Naval groups will leave from our ports in Kiel and Rostock, carrying a total of 84,000 men. Operation Weserübung will start on the 2nd of March with simultaneous attacks on Denmark and Norway.
Motorized units will speed over the undefended Danish border to capture vital ports and airfields on the mainland while paratroopers will take the island of Funen. We expect little opposition from the Danes.
The four naval groups that are tasked with attacking Norway are in detail:

Wesergruppe "Narvik"
Naval Units, lead by Grand Admiral Raeder himself: The battleship KMS Bismarck, one heavy and one battle-cruiser, two light cruisers and one destroyer.
Ground Units: 1st Alpenjäger Division (Mountain Infantry), 1st Marine-Sturm-Division (Marines). They will stage an amphibious assault on the important port of Narvik.

Wesergruppe "Trondheim"
Naval Units, lead by Rear Admiral Marschall: Two heavy cruisers, one light cruisers and three destroyers.
Ground Units: 2nd Alpenjäger Division (Mountain Infantry), 2nd Marine-Sturm-Division (Marines). They will stage an amphibious assault on the port of Trondheim.

Wesergruppe "Bergen"
Naval Units, lead by Rear Admiral Saalwächter: Two heavy cruisers, one light cruisers and three destroyers.
Ground Units: 3rd, 4th and 5th Alpenjäger Division (Mountain Infantry). They will land near the cities of Bergen and Stavanger. After taking those cities they will move south to capture the port of Kristiansand.

Wesergruppe "Oslo"
Naval Units, lead by Rear Admiral Böhm: The recently completed battleship KMS Tirpitz, one heavy and one battle-cruiser, two light cruisers and one destroyer.
Ground Units: 1st Infantry Division and 4th Light-Panzer-Division, lead by major general Hoth. They will land on both sides of Oslo's bay and advance from there towards the Norwegian capital.

1940-03-02 "Wesertag"
Our attack started at 3:00 o'clock this morning. The units in Denmark and of Wesergruppe "Bergen" encountered no resistance. The ports of Narvik and Trondheim however were defended by Norwegian Garrisons.
At 9:00 our naval units west of Narvik were attacked by the Norwegian navy with two cruisers and two destroyers, including their flagship the cruiser KNM Norge.
At 14:00 the naval battle of Narvik was over, we sunk three of the Norwegian ships. The KNM Norge was sunk by our light cruiser KMS Stettin. With their navy defeated the Garrison of Narvik surrendered.
At 16:00 the Garrison of Trondheim surrendered as well and our troops took over the harbor installations.
At the End of the day units from Wesergruppe "Bergen" had also achieved their objectives and were now on route towards Stavanger. Our units south of Oslo established their beachheads unopposed but are now encountering some resistance on the outskirts of the capital.

troopsdisembarkingonadm.jpg

Troops disembarking from the heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper in Narvik.​

1940-03-03
Our four naval groups are now on their way back from their successful missions. There were no losses but the Bismarck and two light cruisers were slightly damaged in the battle of Narvik and will need some minor repairs.
The British prime minister Neville Chamberlain also proclaimed today that they would come to the aid of the Scandinavian countries as soon as possible.

kriegsmarineinfjord.jpg

The victorious Bismarck and her escort ships leaving the Fjord of Narvik.​

1940-03-04
The enemy troops in Oslo have capitulated today and our tanks are now rolling through the streets of the capital. Operation Weserübung seems to be a full success.

tanksinoslo.jpg

Our Panzers in front of Oslo's harbor installations.​

1940-03-05
The Governments of Norway and Denmark capitulated today, merely three days after our attack. This victory does not only grant us exclusive access to the Swedish iron ore, we have also captured the Vemork Hydroelectric Plant near Rjukan. This plant produces a rare substance called "heavy water" that is used for scientific purposes. Professor Heisenberg who was already very happy about the uranium on the former Czech border came to see me today. He wanted exclusive access to the produced heavy water for his Uranium research. He claimed that it would be possible to use Uranium to generate huge amounts of energy to be used for production of electricity or more important, uranium bombs. I was intrigued and offered him my full support for his research.

vemorkhydroelectricplan.jpg

The Vemork Hydroelectric Plant in Norway.​

1940-03-06
Something totally unforeseen happened today: The Swedish Government, encouraged by British promises of military help, have declared war on us. Apparently they did not appreciate our invasion of their neighbors. This was completely unexpected and we will have to improvise to come up with a strategy to deal with this new situation before the British can actually send help.

Last edited:
1940-03-07
The plan for dealing with the unexpected conflict with Sweden will be to swiftly capture key coastal cities in order to deny access to any British expeditionary troops. If we act quickly we might force them to surrender just as qick as the Norwegians did.
Luckily all of our ships have already returned from their tasks and are ready to be send towards Sweden. While we assemble appropriate landing forces I've ordered Grand Admiral Raeder to take command of a task force that will sail towards Stockholm to intercept the Swedish navy before they can interfere with out operations. His flagship will be the KMS Tirpitz while the Bismarck is receiving her repairs.

1940-03-08
At around 22:00 our task force arrived at Stockholm and has opened fire on the Swedish ships as they were just leaving the port.Our superior force of 12 vessels has engaged the small Swedish fleet of three cruisers.

engagingtheswedishnavy.jpg

1940-03-09
At 03:00 the naval battle at the shore of Stockholm was over, as expected we have crushed the enemy and the battle cruiser KMS Scharnhorst has sunken their flagship, the HMS Äran.
At 09:00 our first units began an amphibious landing on the shores of Götheborg, the most likely destination of possible British support. They have been met with light resistance. At the same time a second transport fleet is on route to Stockholm to capture their capital and force them to capitulate.

1940-03-10
Our landing in Stockholm was successful, the capital was almost undefended and the few army units in the area are retreating. Their government however was quickly evacuated to the nearby city of Strängnäs.

attackonstockholm.jpg

1940-03-13
As our first troops finally arrived in Strängnäs today, the Swedish government had already left for the city of Falun further inland. They continued to urge the Swedish population to hold out for the British rescue that would arrive soon.
To capture this elusive bunch I've sent the second paratrooper division to Oslo from here they will stage an areal landing in Falun, as soon as their planes have refueled. The attack will be lead by a promising young leader called Otto Skorzeny.

1940-03-15
This evening the British finally made their move: An invasion fleet has been sighted at the coast south of Bergen and enemy troops, supported by carrier based aircrafts, have started attacking our garrison in the coastal city of Stavanger in the south west of Norway. Luckily we were able to take over the Norwegian coastal defenses undamaged when we first occupied the city and I'm confident that our troops will hold out long enough until we can send a relive force. I've ordered Grand Admiral Raeder to sail with his task force from Stockholm into the North Sea to intercept the British ships. Unlike the other naval battles we have faced so far, this time we will face an equal enemy.

1940-03-16
At exactly 23:00 our fleet made contact with the British invasion fleet an the first shots were fired. Due to bad weather this fight is expected to take longer then previous engagements. However, this also means that the enemy can't use their naval aircrafts against us, giving us the upper hand.

engagingbritishinvasion.jpg

1940-03-17
Early this morning our paratroopers landed in Falun and were able to capture the remnants of the Swedish government who were happy to officially sign the document of surrender. As soon as we have repaired all damages to their mines we will be in full control of the Swedish iron ore and tungsten produced in the north of the country.

skorzenyinfalun.jpg

Skorzeny in front of Falun's town hall.​

Besides the economic advantages, this victory also means that we now control the entire Öresund Strait, allowing us to transport supplies from Germany by rail all the way through Denmark, Sweden and Norway to the Polar Circle. We also can make sure that no enemy vessel enters or leaved the Baltic Sea, making it basically a German Inland sea where we can train our naval crews unhindered.

resund.jpg

1940-03-19
After a long fight the British aborted their invasion in Norway today and escaped with the remnants of their fleet under the cover of the night. We were able to sink or at least heavily damage most of their ships. Their battlehip HMS Nelson was sunk by our KMS Scharnhorst and their carrier was sunk by a lucky shot from one of our destroyers. We didn't have any losses but the victory wasn't cheap: Most of our ships have been badly damaged and will spend many month in the dock until they are fully seaworthy again. Under normal circumstances they would be decommissioned but we can't afford that.
With the successful completion of Unternehmen Weserübung I've given my General Staff the task to develop a plan for attacking and knocking out France in an equally quick manner this summer. The current working title of the operation is "Fall Gelb".

victoriousfleetafterrep.jpg

The victorious fleet that repelled the British invasion.​

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Very interesting AAR. Subscribed :)

I have one question(maybe stupid a little). How you do that, provinces are not occupied but immediately owned by country that enter this province?(Or maybe you only removed this "occupation strips"?)

Subbed as well. What is in your research queue and do you have any intel from radar installations?

Hello oskar-kar,
you are correct, I've replaced the stripes texture with an empty one because I like this look of the map much better.

And hello to you too, GrimReaper. I think I'm going to write a little bit about the ongoing research projects and my radar network in my next post.

[MM];14046016 said:
I've replaced the stripes texture with an empty one because I like this look of the map much better.
That's a nice idea! I'll have to give that a try. Please continue with this AAR...I'm enjoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.