• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up with this AAR again. A true masterpiece, I say :)

You have to believe!

faith

I sure hope so.

I hope so too :)

1945-03-16
Good news from our front in North-West Africa today: Field Marshal von Lettow's troops have managed to encircle the last Spanish enclave on the Atlantic's coast and are expected to eliminate the small pocket in a matter of days. Once to operations in the north of Africa are concluded, we can begin to transfer his troops to the south, where we were unable to make any progress against the South Africans so far.

lgfa.jpg

German troops on the sunny beaches of West-Africa.​

1945-03-25
Phase two of Operation Long Jump started today with a series of simultaneous aerial assaults against cities of strategic and industrial importance in Brazil. The importance of some targets might have been overestimated though: A couple of paratroopers, who tried to capture a logistics hub deep inside the Amazon rainforest, were unable to find any trace of civilization near their landing zone. At this point we are still unsure if their planes simply went off course or if our intelligence was faulty. But on the upside they took some great pictures of a group of indigenous people who looked like they had never seen a white man before. Ideal footage for the next Wochenschau.

4rte.jpg

A radio operator tries to explain how the entire German high command can fit into his marvelous device.​

1945-03-26
After the successful landings in Brazil yesterday, the assault on the western shores of southern America began today with our invasion of Peru. Combined with pictures of German troops in the jungle, the footage of paratroopers fighting in the snowy Andes is a great reminder to our people back home that there is no terrain too difficult for our great army.

et08.jpg

The provincial capitals in South-Peru were captured without resistance, only the garrison of Lima is putting up a fight.​

1945-03-27
The operation on Brazil is merely two days old and we have already conquered over half of their country. In the meantime the Kriegsmarine has arrived to give heavy artillery and close air support to our troops attacking Rio de Janeiro.

c17f.jpg

The ill-equipped Brazilian navy was easily defeated in the short battle of the Copacabana.​

1945-03-28
Unlike the Peruvian troops in Lima, the military leadership in Bolivia knew that resistance was futile and didn't even put up a fight. When the first paratrooper-boots touched down on the market place in Charcas, a white flag was already waving on top of the capital building.

zrpb.jpg

Another nameless mountain range in German hands.​

1945-03-29
After the capture of Rio de Janeiro yesterday and São Paulo today, President Vargas of Brazil announced the unconditional surrender of his country over the radio this afternoon. The generally good mood in the OKW is only dampened by the fact that most Brazilian troops in the jungle don't have radio receivers.

81sk.jpg

The aboriginals were clearly impressed by corporal Joseph Greiner's grave, one of our few fatalities in this short conflict.​

1945-03-30
After the fall of Brazil yesterday, Peru followed today. There are still a lot of enemy stragglers left in the dense Amazonian jungle and in the snowy mountains of the Andes, but Field Marshal Hugo Sperrle, who as head of the Luftwaffe in this theater was in charge of the operation, didn't wast any time and proudly declared Central South-America as conquered. The last target on our checklist will be Uruguay before we take a short break to wait for the arrival of regular garrisons to relieve our paratroopers.

zw10.jpg

Sperrle with his staff on a provisional airfield in Venezuela.​

1945-03-31
The invasion of Uruguay began shortly after I went to bed last night and was already over when I awoke this morning, but I didn't muss much. The small army of this nation was almost completely transferred to Northern America last year, in an effort to gain favor with the United States. A single Division landing in Montevideo was enough to force the government of this tiny country to surrender.

gqme.jpg

Paratroopers in front of the famous hill that is the namesake of Montevideo.​

While we are making stunningly fast progress in Southern America, the Eastern Front is still moving as well. After four years of constant advances (which have slowed down considerably in the last two years), our troops reached an important and historic milestone today: After a few skirmishes with the local communist militias they captured the strategically irrelevant woodcutter village of Petropavlovka, which according to the Reichsvermessungsamt (imperial surveying office) is exactly half way between Germany and the Pacific coast of Russia. Only another four to six years to go...

bocn.jpg

We have now literally reached "the arse of the world".​

The overall strategic situation could not be better: In a couple of weeks we will resume our operations against the remainder of South-American nations, the submarine attacks in the central Atlantic have stopped (after we captured the naval bases in Brazil) and our next big operation against the United States is scheduled to begin tomorrow. I have a feeling that 1945 is going to be a good year for us.

PS: Sorry for the long delay, but Black ICE is just an awesome mod which makes it hard to go back to vanilla ;-)

And there it is! Great Update... Now, after posting this, I can read it :)

EDIT: Do you consider Pacific blockade, so that Asian countries won't supply USA?

Last edited:
Dat Eurasian pic.:eek:

That's a Überreich

I'm curious with all that territory how much manpower, resources and IC do you have? I'm imagining something ridiculous like 100 manpower/month and full resources with over 1500 IC.

Great update. Now THAT is a telling sign :D

Status
Not open for further replies.