+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sky is purple.

Sky is purple.

But, its seems that ive iam the only one?
    "All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him." Sun-Tzu (~400 BC)

Strike First
    Strike Hard
    Strike Deep

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yeap... pretty much. Try playing the game long enough for the time to change, thus altering the lighting. Does it still happen then?

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Try updating to the latest display card driver version. That is often the problem with odd colors in the sky.

You can also try tweaking the graphics settings (esc - options).

Recruit
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane

I have the same problem...pink sky...My display card drivers are completely up to date and I've tried every possible graphical settings option, any other advice?

Cities in MotionLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Could you please run dxdiag (see how to in this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...gs-and-crashes) and attach it to this thread?

Recruit
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane

TTG_NAVALWAR_LOG2012-04-10.txtDxDiag.txtoutput_log.txt

No problem...thanks for your reply and hope these help, hopefully I've done this right...oh! and many thanks for a great game.

Updated to latest drivers but still sky is purple.
    Also quick question when ive changed to 2D then there is only black no pic of units etc.

DxDiag.txt
    Last edited by koontz; 11-04-2012 at 14:34.
    "All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him." Sun-Tzu (~400 BC)

Strike First
    Strike Hard
    Strike Deep

Nwac 1.0.2.3 Sky is still purple for me, but not an big issue so take the night of if you want

Strike First
    Strike Hard
    Strike Deep

Recruit

Same here...no change after 1.0.2.3

I'm also having this issue, and it's kinda annoying!

Cities in MotionLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove

Quote Originally Posted by koontz View Post
    Updated to latest drivers but still sky is purple.
    Also quick question when ive changed to 2D then there is only black no pic of units etc.

Attachment 52025
    What exactly do you mean when you say "changed to 2D"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wissam24 View Post
    I'm also having this issue, and it's kinda annoying!
    Can you please post your DXDIAG here? See how to in this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...gs-and-crashes

Looks like neither of you have the latest driver for your graphics cards. Try downloading this one and see if it fixes the purple sky;

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...3&lang=English

Quote Originally Posted by Seigman View Post
    Looks like neither of you have the latest driver for your graphics cards. Try downloading this one and see if it fixes the purple sky;

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...#9001;=English

Nah, didn't work for me.
    Also forced NAWC to use ATI (Radeo 9550)by making proile but hat didn't work either.
    In fact it started for me after fixing the "non-mouse" problem by re-installing.

Recruit

I was finding I had a few issues on several games so have since upgraded my graphics card...but the catalyst drivers etc I had downloaded for my old ATI card were 10.2 as diercted to by the link and I still had the problem. Anyway, my sky is normal now and I can at last enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by MattB73 View Post
    I was finding I had a few issues on several games so have since upgraded my graphics card...but the catalyst drivers etc I had downloaded for my old ATI card were 10.2 as diercted to by the link and I still had the problem. Anyway, my sky is normal now and I can at last enjoy the game
    You mean you had the puple sky with your previous card and 10.2?
    May i ask what card it was and what card you have now.

For me started the problem after i did reinstall NAWC with newest network checked.
    This solved my problem with not showing mouse pointer but caused this purpe sky.

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by S806 View Post
    You mean you had the puple sky with your previous card and 10.2?
    May i ask what card it was and what card you have now.

For me started the problem after i did reinstall NAWC with newest network checked.
    This solved my problem with not showing mouse pointer but caused this purpe sky.
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been away and hopefully this issue has been resolved by now.

I had an ATI crossfire X1950, I had checked and double checked my drivers and they were catalyst 10.2, but it seemed no matter what I did the purple sky was always there from 1st install and subsequent ones. I now have a GeForce GTX 550Ti and the problem disappeared entirely, I hope you have better luck than me without having to upgrade.

I'm also having the purple sky with an old ATI card, updated to the latest 10.2 legacy driver for it and still have the purple sky. However, i have a bigger issue in that the game keeps running, but the GUI stops updating. I just won tutorial mission 3 based entirely on the orders I gave my aircraft upon launch, because the gui never updated from the initial positions. Will keep looking thru the forum for someone else having that problem and will post my DXDIAG either in that thread or a new one I create. I can live with purple sky, but playing blind is a nonstarter.
    What other franchise could make a player nostalgic for consanguinity inheiritance law?

+ Reply to Thread