V2:AHD on Mac (Why is VP requiring us to re-purchase the original Mac version?)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lordy80011

Captain
81 Badges
Feb 10, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Dear Paradox,,

Five days ago (04/04), I submitted two messages to Virtual Programming (via their tech support page and their facebook page) concerning their version of V2:AHD for Mac and never received a response from them. My question is: why do I have to re-purchase the original complete Mac version of V2 in order to buy V2:AHD? I already have the Mac version (I bought it almost as soon as it was available) and do not wish to have to pay money for it again in order to be able to purchase V2:AHD. I am not sure how to proceed, so I thought that I would post here in hopes of receiving an answer from Paradox itself -- are you aware that Virtual Programming is only selling the V2 expansion as a bundled (and thus more expensive) version with the original V2? Are you planning on putting V2:AHD on Gamers Gate, or providing some other solution for we Mac users who do not wish to spend twice as much money as everyone else to get V2:AHD? I'd like to give my $19.99 to Paradox for what looks like a fantastic expansion, but I have to admit that I am less willing to pay $40 for the expansion plus something I already have . . .

Again -- I've already contacted VP and they have not responded.

Here is what I know how Mac version works now. VP only release their game through Deliver2Mac. D2Mac required a stream-like application to active games. All your previous purchased games should be re-downloaded through D2Mac platform to get further support.

About 1 year ago, VP ask all his customers who purchased Mac games to migrate their games to D2Mac version, of course, for free. I migrated my EU3 and Vic2 at that time and only paid $19.99 for AHD now, not $40.

Thanks for the answer, Calculus! The problem is that I purchased the game from GamersGate, originally -- how can I re-download through D2Mac if I didn't buy it from them originally -- without repurchasing it...!?

Okay -- well I just bought through Gamersgate since it is up there now (it wasn't when I checked last week!)... I like Gamersgate, so I am very happy and content now. Thanks for the answers, friends.

Does this affect modding possibilities? Im starting to wonder if PDM is working for my copy of AHD despite the fact that I went throuhg each folder and replaced the files with the PDM versions.

Does this affect modding possibilities? Im starting to wonder if PDM is working for my copy of AHD despite the fact that I went throuhg each folder and replaced the files with the PDM versions.

As far as OSX users go, the mod folder is bugged and does not function as it should - you'll need to back up the original game files and then replace each file (not folder) with the mod assets in order to experiance that mod just as it was before.

I've done this, but how can I be sure that PDM is running? What should I notice?

The PDM splash screen should be a give away - our title screen has 'POP demand mod' written on it and looks completely different to the regular AHD screen.

Dont want to resurrect an old thread, but this still isn't working? Has anyone else been able to make the PDM work with AHD that they got through this Deliver2Mac system? Im starting to think that its not using the old Victoria 2 files, as I can never seem to mod party attributes or any of the stuff I used to be able to do easily.

you can play with pdm and apd if you replace every single file (not folders mind you) ;) in the data folder -just be sure to back up your original files :)

I did do this - at least I think I did it correctly but it still doesn't seem to work? The reason I wonder if its something to do with the deliver2mac thing is that when I try and do simple modding of party files - changing a party to laissez_faire or whatever (I know I should try and get the right party in power, so sue me :p ), it does not change IG? Also, the way that AHD expansion has worked is that I have to open up the D2M programme first and open Vicky II through that if I want AHD. Does anyone else here have a Mac?