• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MyFaceBurns

Major
58 Badges
Mar 23, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Gettysburg
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Post stories on how you've deformed history - I want to see how your games have turned out. In mine, Cyprus went on to defeat the Byzantine Empire, and a small Welsh county has gone to to conquer most of Europe. I'm playing as Norway, fighting valiantly against both the Welsh and the HRE.

Reactions:
Oh, and the Rus have the largest empire in the game now. By far. They squashed the Mongol Hordes virtually instantly.

The Byzantine Empire converts to Monphysitism then converts to Catholicism after a German succeeds the throne (Salian dynasty), the Golden Horde converts to Catholicism after taking over Russia, thus eliminating the Orthodox faith from the world. The Golden Horde attacking the Holy Land as Mongol Crusaders. The Ilkhanate Khagan becoming the Sunni Caliph. Serbians colonizing Sicily and the Holy Land, Germans colonizing Anatolia

The Byzantine Empire converts to Monphysitism then converts to Catholicism after a German succeeds the throne (Salian dynasty), the Golden Horde converts to Catholicism after taking over Russia, thus eliminating the Orthodox faith from the world. The Golden Horde attacking the Holy Land as Mongol Crusaders. The Ilkhanate Khagan becoming the Sunni Caliph. Serbians colonizing Sicily and the Holy Land, Germans colonizing Anatolia

Wow... that really is impressive.

AI Poland in my game stretches from Scandinavia, down through Moscow, Hungary, Croatia, Rome, and ends in Tripoli. All of the Byzantium empire is Bogolist or whatever. And France, controls just a small around around Paris, but inheritied a mega Norway which controlled England. So now France is in England for the most part.

AI Poland in my game stretches from Scandinavia, down through Moscow, Hungary, Croatia, Rome, and ends in Tripoli. All of the Byzantium empire is Bogolist or whatever. And France, controls just a small around around Paris, but inheritied a mega Norway which controlled England. So now France is in England for the most part.

Something fairly similar happened in one of my games, but France was completely wiped out.

In one experimental game, I set myself the goal of only gaining new territory by marriage and assassination. By 1300, my line of Dukes/Kings of Bohemia (still under the HRE - I have not been able to get elected in 300 years :D) controlled all of Italy including Sicily and Rome, Poland, Hungary, Finland, Sweden, some duchies in Norway that gained independence, Jerusalem and parts of Egypt, roughly half of Rus, Kingdom of Croatia not in HRE, and there's a distant dynastic line with titles in the Byzantine Empire (they did that without my intervention). It started well in that my first heir was a lustful hedonist who IIRC had 9 daughters, 3 legitimate sons, and 3 bastard sons with 4 different wives and 2 different lovers, he had his last daughter at the age of 83.

Sweden controls Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Poland and a swath of Russia. England is a patchwork mess and the Byzantine Empire is alive and kicking despite being divided in two parts by an aggressive Caliphate. I'm just a meager Burgundy owning half of the HRE and part of France.

Hmm. Well, in separate games...

- I've gotten Ireland together as one kingdom (the entire island), then proceeded to slowly eat into Scotland...
- I've taken Navarra from a two-county nobody to owning a good third of Iberia. That was hard going, too, I had to deliberatly make sure Galicia, Leon, and Castille did Not eat each other, and remain focused with me against the Muslims. Well, up until I had good opportunities to stab 'em in the back for some territory... Heh heh. :)
- My current game started as a lowly independant Norse count on the Baltic sea (Vasterbotten). I have since become the Duke of Norrland, and am struggling to keep Sweden, Norway, and Denmark off of me and my pagan neighbors while looking for opportunity to keep expanding. This has been a lot harder than it sounds, the pagan counts and dukes are easily overwhelmed by the christian kingdoms. Warrior Cult? Well, it might be overbalanced if I could get more territory, but with just 7 castles (and only two cities built so far), I frequently get out-sized by Sweden. What I really want is to see if I can get a Norse Pope-Equivalent set up. But I'm gonna need a church somewhere for that.

In one of my games ( I have quite a few ) I have also united Ireland and eaten into Scotland. I'm now in control of it and have a good portion of England too!

I've kept the Norse faith alive, and spread it to Ireland, some of Scotland, and down into Pomerania and Lithuania, along with completing a "Norse Reconquista" of Scandinavia, driving the Christians from Sweden and Norway, and most of Finland. :D

The actual Reconquista failed miserably, with the Emirate of Beja controlling most of Iberia... France was conquered by the Golden Horde and now has no king, and Rus is (as kinda typical in CKII...) one of the most powerful forces around.

No match for the united force of the Norse faith, mind you.

What I really want is to see if I can get a Norse Pope-Equivalent set up.

Apparently there's no mechanism for creating a Head of Church for a religion that doesn't start with one. :p My priest didn't even show up on the Religion window anywhere.