• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apparently there's no mechanism for creating a Head of Church for a religion that doesn't start with one. :p My priest didn't even show up on the Religion window anywhere.

Yeah, I know... I'd love to set up my own "Norse Church Head" as well. He wouldn't even have to do anything, just hold some land in, like, Sweden and exist. Would be some nice flavor to add, especially since I've effectively turned Norse into the third dog in the race with Christians and Muslims.

Hehe funny because I started a game as Erik the Heathen recently and 2 years after starting the game, the Pope asked me to revolt against the king of Sweden and take his throne! I could refuse, but I would have lost piety... I suppose it would be incorrect for a good norse to refuse a good occasion to make war.

I killed william in the battle of london :D

I tend to marry Ida Billung in every game I start in 1066 (... based on the looks mostly, but she's actually quite capable ;)), thus preventing the War of the Roses from happening.

... yeah, not very impressive. :D

In my game the AI's managed to do some really interesting things, as have I myself. A cousin of mine rules the HRE as a Kaiser of the Zagwe dynasty (after I, as the King of Abyssinia, was wiped by the Shia Caliph and my game went to my son, the Duke of Franconia), and Bohemia have managed to incorporate Poland and Hungary into the HRE, while Burgundy rallied France to our cause. Me, meanwhile, inherited Denmark and added that to the lands under the Kaiser, while the Kaiser himself drives some powerful crusades into Iberia, and the now allied Poland/Bohemia border (since Poland broke free from Bohemain rule) have gobbled up all of the Batlics, and now has it sights set on Finalnd. A HRE which at the moment spans from Barcelona to Lithuania, and from Denmark to Siciliy... I forsee a future where the world won't fare any world wars, since all lands are united under the Kaiser as is! xD

In my main game, the king of Hungary managed to marry the queen of Poland, and their son married the queen of Denmark. I was all set to see a new superpower form (I was still just conquering the Iberian peninsula back then, so it didn't affect me directly) but the son must've sucked pretty hard, because I look away for a couple of years and when I check back, it's splintered into about a dozen different parts. They never did reunite, and eventually all the feuding lords got gobbled up by the Golden Horde. Rus never formed and all of the Russian duchies were in a similar state, meaning the HRE was the first roadblock they hit. They also left alone an absolutely MASSIVE Beloozero, which has holdings throughout Finland, Rus, and Khazaria.

I started a new game (again) and this time Ireland actually managed to unite without my help! I don't mean an Irish family married into a stronger family, and then the stronger family took over and united Ireland, I mean one of the small counties actually built its way up and united everyone! I've never seen that happen before; in all of my other games Ireland remains fractured, isolated and different to the rest of the map. It really is strange how isolated Ireland is... other nations don't seem to interfere. The closest I've got to Ireland uniting before this play-though - the one I'm currently on - was on my first game, where northern Ireland united made it's own little nation and southern Ireland did the same. They both fought it out under two different duchies. Neither one managed to win, and I eventually got bored and destroyed them both. A shame, really.

The duke of Alania ate all of his surrounding counties, submitted to the Seljuk Turks, became a Sunni Turkish and started spreading his faith and culture in his land. Eventually the Halani dynasty managed to get land in Tunis, Libya, and after that invaded Ireland, Scotland and recently England, becoming the Turkish Sultanate of England that unified the British islands about 500 years earlier. Turkish settlers are gradually supplanting the native population, eventually a different Turkey should be formed :)

The ERE and HRE united through a personal union, by the AI. Unfortunately HRE was agnatic and ERE was agnatic-cognatic so the titles were separated. But for some reason, ERE took all the vassals with it, the only vassals it didn't keep were a small portion of Bulgaria, where the HRE capital now is...

Once I saw sweden conquer the scandinavian peninsula and a little bit further into russia, and by 1400 they had conquered england and half of france.

Update on my current game - there's only four religions left! Orthodox Christianity, Catholic Christianity, Sunni Islam and Shiite Islam. Orthodox Christianity is doing incredibly well because it contains 3/4 of the game's powerhouses: The Golden Horde, The Byzantine Empire and the Kingdom of Rus. The Catholic faith is slowly creeping up with land being added in Spain, but it's still no match for the looming beast that is Orthodoxism. Sunni Islam is holding it's own, but is definitely declining. Slowly, but still declining. Shiite Islam... it doesn't look like it's long for this world. The Golden Horde is beating it mercilessly and it's entirety is crammed into the south-eastern corner of the map. Every now and then a heresy pops up, but it's quickly put down. Paganism, sadly, died out a long time ago. The Norse faith somehow had a foothold in Iceland for a while, but recently lost it.

prussia ate poland by 1120
the hre imploded
the ere imploded
the turks imploded
the caliphates both imploded
aquitaine i.e. vichy france is in perpetual war with northern france
galicia united most of iberia
its like the broken kingdoms mod except i had nothing to do with it. I was just minding my own business eating up russia as letigallian pagans ^_^
too bad the mongols are coming

playing around with a game of Leon right now, starting as early as posible ... a week into the game both my brothers is dead (daggered Castille right away, after placing my spy there, married a better spy, replaced the council and stabbed the other Galicia a week later) and i control most of Christian Iberia and start eating Muslim lands, fast forward to year 1100 The Norweigian and Swedish crowns are ruled from Iceland, while the southen half of sweden (duchies of öster and vestergötland and småland, 9 out of 20 countries of de jure Sweden) and the baltic states is Danish (which in turn have lost Slesvig, Jylland Fyn and Sjælland to Saxony who've succeded in a indenpendence war) ... but at least the Danish King is married the Saxon Duchess so sooner or later Denmark grows back :p

Started dynasty af Bornholm with single county. Built up great relations with the Danish king, he made me Duke of Courland, then as Danish law was elective, I was voted into King of Denmark. Over next 150 years, desendants conquered Sweden, then married Queen of France and made babies.

Succession crisis in France happened, and Queen of France also takes crown of Aragon. Upon Queen's death, France and Aragon will pass to her oldest son, who is my current af Bornholm heir, making him heir to King of Denmark, Sweden, France, and Aragon.

Croatia is also poised to fall to my dynasty as long as the marriage to Queen of Croatia produces children.

I inherited three duchies in Poland from a single marriage as the Count of Penthièvre and used the resulting income to slowly take the rest of Brittany.

By now its 1133 and the HRE is the dominant power in Europe, having nibbled at most of its neighbours, inherited Aquitaine and conquered most of the Holy Land. England is a fractured mess, Barcelona/Aragon/Navarra/Castille are all destroyed with the huge Emirate of Valencia bordering France, and the ERE has taken all of southern Italy. Rus is also pretty huge, but is kept in check by a similarly large Lithuania. Looking forward to the Horde arriving!

UPDATE

I've almost finished my game now - that'd be the first (out of many) Crusader Kings 2 games I have actually played all the way through to the end! I have reloaded A LOT though, so I don't think it counts. Next game I'll not reload once. Well, maybe once. Anyway, I have just managed to unite the UK under the banner of Ireland (yeah, it took me the whole game to do that), but now something disastrous has happened:

I let a Shiite Muslim (the Shiite branch of Islam is virtually dead now by the way) educate my Catholic Irish king.

So now my king is a white Shiite Muslim who fervently believes he's an Arab. He's gone so far as to convert half of my counties to the Arabic culture AND the Shiite Faith. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't give France (who's fairly big) a perfect opportunity to invade me. So yeah - I am pretty much screwed now I think. I am just going to try and survive the 2.5 decades that the game has left, and hopefully maintain the UK.

Last edited:
I had one game where the Byzantine Empire converted to Bogolimist (or something can't remember how it's spelled :( )and the HRE converted to Cathar. Rome, Spain and southern France were conquered by the muslims and Poland took over the HRE. And a bunch of other things I can't remember. It was a weird game...