+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: How You've Messed Up History!

How You've Messed Up History!

Post stories on how you've deformed history - I want to see how your games have turned out. In mine, Cyprus went on to defeat the Byzantine Empire, and a small Welsh county has gone to to conquer most of Europe. I'm playing as Norway, fighting valiantly against both the Welsh and the HRE.

Oh, and the Rus have the largest empire in the game now. By far. They squashed the Mongol Hordes virtually instantly.

The Byzantine Empire converts to Monphysitism then converts to Catholicism after a German succeeds the throne (Salian dynasty), the Golden Horde converts to Catholicism after taking over Russia, thus eliminating the Orthodox faith from the world. The Golden Horde attacking the Holy Land as Mongol Crusaders. The Ilkhanate Khagan becoming the Sunni Caliph. Serbians colonizing Sicily and the Holy Land, Germans colonizing Anatolia

Quote Originally Posted by dauncosony View Post
    The Byzantine Empire converts to Monphysitism then converts to Catholicism after a German succeeds the throne (Salian dynasty), the Golden Horde converts to Catholicism after taking over Russia, thus eliminating the Orthodox faith from the world. The Golden Horde attacking the Holy Land as Mongol Crusaders. The Ilkhanate Khagan becoming the Sunni Caliph. Serbians colonizing Sicily and the Holy Land, Germans colonizing Anatolia
    Wow... that really is impressive.

AI Poland in my game stretches from Scandinavia, down through Moscow, Hungary, Croatia, Rome, and ends in Tripoli. All of the Byzantium empire is Bogolist or whatever. And France, controls just a small around around Paris, but inheritied a mega Norway which controlled England. So now France is in England for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFaceBurns View Post
    Wow... that really is impressive.
    All of that happened in one game, except for the Ilkhanate part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
    AI Poland in my game stretches from Scandinavia, down through Moscow, Hungary, Croatia, Rome, and ends in Tripoli. All of the Byzantium empire is Bogolist or whatever. And France, controls just a small around around Paris, but inheritied a mega Norway which controlled England. So now France is in England for the most part.
    Something fairly similar happened in one of my games, but France was completely wiped out.

Southern Byzantophile Imperator1993's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

My ERE beat back the Turks and now the House of Doukas is probably the most prestigous dynasty in europe being both the Roman Empeor and King of Georgia.
    Current AAR
    Legacy of the Conqueror- An AGoT Targaryen AAR
    Upcoming- Fat man in the Garden- An AGoT Tyrell AAR

Kaiser Christoph of the Holy Roman Empire of Dixieland
    Culture: Dixie/(North) German
    Religion: Non Denominational Protestant
    Traits: Brilliant Strategist, Quick, Strong, Attractive, Clubfooted, Legitimized Bastard, Scarred, Scholar, Kind, Brave, Shy, Just, Slothful, Honest, Gluttonous, Patient, Sympathy for Islam, Sympathy for Pagans, Sympathy for Zoroastrians

2nd Knight and Chancellor of the Order of Southern Paradoxians

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator1993 View Post
    My ERE beat back the Turks and now the House of Doukas is probably the most prestigous dynasty in europe being both the Roman Empeor and King of Georgia.
    Do you mean HRE when you say ERE? If not, please tell me what the ERE is.

Eastern Roman Empire.

Eastern Roman Empire. It's just another name for the Byzantine Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedwardson View Post
    Eastern Roman Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achtung56 View Post
    Eastern Roman Empire. It's just another name for the Byzantine Empire.
    Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you both.

Any more stories people? I want to hear them!

In one experimental game, I set myself the goal of only gaining new territory by marriage and assassination. By 1300, my line of Dukes/Kings of Bohemia (still under the HRE - I have not been able to get elected in 300 years ) controlled all of Italy including Sicily and Rome, Poland, Hungary, Finland, Sweden, some duchies in Norway that gained independence, Jerusalem and parts of Egypt, roughly half of Rus, Kingdom of Croatia not in HRE, and there's a distant dynastic line with titles in the Byzantine Empire (they did that without my intervention). It started well in that my first heir was a lustful hedonist who IIRC had 9 daughters, 3 legitimate sons, and 3 bastard sons with 4 different wives and 2 different lovers, he had his last daughter at the age of 83.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    France disappeared and Denmark, Sweden, and me are eating the infidels in France.
    Its basically....Beta-patches will be for computer-literate people.

Tax this dude into space!
    Glory For The House Of Wittelsbach (Veritas et Fortitudo)
    For Greater Glory: The House of Wittlesbach
    The Royal House of Bavaria

I had a game where Poland and Hungry and Croatia where all united under the polish crown by marriage, and plenty of pagan lands by war.

Sweden controls Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Poland and a swath of Russia. England is a patchwork mess and the Byzantine Empire is alive and kicking despite being divided in two parts by an aggressive Caliphate. I'm just a meager Burgundy owning half of the HRE and part of France.

Hmm. Well, in separate games...

- I've gotten Ireland together as one kingdom (the entire island), then proceeded to slowly eat into Scotland...
    - I've taken Navarra from a two-county nobody to owning a good third of Iberia. That was hard going, too, I had to deliberatly make sure Galicia, Leon, and Castille did Not eat each other, and remain focused with me against the Muslims. Well, up until I had good opportunities to stab 'em in the back for some territory... Heh heh.
    - My current game started as a lowly independant Norse count on the Baltic sea (Vasterbotten). I have since become the Duke of Norrland, and am struggling to keep Sweden, Norway, and Denmark off of me and my pagan neighbors while looking for opportunity to keep expanding. This has been a lot harder than it sounds, the pagan counts and dukes are easily overwhelmed by the christian kingdoms. Warrior Cult? Well, it might be overbalanced if I could get more territory, but with just 7 castles (and only two cities built so far), I frequently get out-sized by Sweden. What I really want is to see if I can get a Norse Pope-Equivalent set up. But I'm gonna need a church somewhere for that.
    "Clock is ticking, Twilight... Clock... Is... TICKING...."

In one of my games ( I have quite a few ) I have also united Ireland and eaten into Scotland. I'm now in control of it and have a good portion of England too!

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I've kept the Norse faith alive, and spread it to Ireland, some of Scotland, and down into Pomerania and Lithuania, along with completing a "Norse Reconquista" of Scandinavia, driving the Christians from Sweden and Norway, and most of Finland.

The actual Reconquista failed miserably, with the Emirate of Beja controlling most of Iberia... France was conquered by the Golden Horde and now has no king, and Rus is (as kinda typical in CKII...) one of the most powerful forces around.

No match for the united force of the Norse faith, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlond View Post
    What I really want is to see if I can get a Norse Pope-Equivalent set up.
    Apparently there's no mechanism for creating a Head of Church for a religion that doesn't start with one. :P My priest didn't even show up on the Religion window anywhere.
    "Clock is ticking, Twilight... Clock... Is... TICKING...."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast