• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(400752)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Oct 27, 2011
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Sword of the Stars II
Just wondering if any old time Harpooner here waiting for this game. I started with the original 360 version and spent countless hours on it and have went onto all version since and Fleet command. Really looking forward to this one.

Here you have one fan of Harpoon, Fleet Command and even board style wargames. If I spend playing only a quarter of time that I have done with Fleet Command, then it will be an epic game for me.

Not really an old time harpooner but been around since Matrix released Commanders Edition and ANW. Also Fleet Command with NWP mod has satisfied my naval warfare appetite. I'm hoping NWAC will be worthy successor especially for Fleet Command.

Not really an old time harpooner but been around since Matrix released Commanders Edition and ANW. Also Fleet Command with NWP mod has satisfied my naval warfare appetite. I'm hoping NWAC will be worthy successor especially for Fleet Command.
I hope so too. The adjustable speed for MP games is a major plus from the FC days.

Worried a little about the lack of a mission editor though.

No faster I would assume. On the fastest setting minutes would hours in the bigger scenarios, slight exaggeration, but now what i mean:rofl:

Those were the days....It is amazing how far we have come in the past ~30 years!

Miniatures Harpoon, and various versions of computer Harpoon over the years (hours and hours :) ). Also 1:1200 WWII naval miniatures using Seapower and Seekrieg, and computerized Shipbase computer assisted.

Old Harpooner here (JCR), Harpoon 2 (on 3 1/2" disks) and Harpoon 3 in various forms.
I wrote two scenarios at Harpoondatabases and did the initial DB encyclopedia entries for the german navy warships.

Semi old fart that used to play Harpoon as well on my 386! My favourite was the office that appeared after you ALT-F10 - Nuclear attack shortcut - " Are you sure?". This game seems to have potential, loved Fleet Command as well.

Waited years for it to come out on Amiga. Had a A500 in back in 1989 I think.

What was the battleset called that involved the Convoys across the pond ? Loved that. C141's out of Norfolk anyone ?