+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shout out to any Harpoon old timer!!

Shout out to any Harpoon old timer!!

Just wondering if any old time Harpooner here waiting for this game. I started with the original 360 version and spent countless hours on it and have went onto all version since and Fleet command. Really looking forward to this one.

Cities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Here you have one fan of Harpoon, Fleet Command and even board style wargames. If I spend playing only a quarter of time that I have done with Fleet Command, then it will be an epic game for me.

Not really an old time harpooner but been around since Matrix released Commanders Edition and ANW. Also Fleet Command with NWP mod has satisfied my naval warfare appetite. I'm hoping NWAC will be worthy successor especially for Fleet Command.

Played a little of Harpoon, but mainly Fleet Command

Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Quote Originally Posted by NZSnowman View Post
    Played a little of Harpoon, but mainly Fleet Command
    Same here

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Sweet! Player Harpoon an enormous amount, which is really why NWAC now exists

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 104011556303312, Hamilton, Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Amono View Post
    Not really an old time harpooner but been around since Matrix released Commanders Edition and ANW. Also Fleet Command with NWP mod has satisfied my naval warfare appetite. I'm hoping NWAC will be worthy successor especially for Fleet Command.
    I hope so too. The adjustable speed for MP games is a major plus from the FC days.

Worried a little about the lack of a mission editor though.
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

"Don't enjoy winning if your not prepared to lose once in a while!"

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

First played Harpoon on my amiga soooo slow.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Mine was on a PC geez was it a XT? Like what 1985?
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

No faster I would assume. On the fastest setting minutes would hours in the bigger scenarios, slight exaggeration, but now what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by goodwood2 View Post
    No faster I would assume. On the fastest setting minutes would hours in the bigger scenarios, slight exaggeration, but now what i mean
    Those were the days....It is amazing how far we have come in the past ~30 years!
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

Geez

I feel so old. Before there was Harpoon for computer there was a tabletop game created by Larry Bond (Red Storm Rising author).

This game used to be at conventions, and I would enter tournaments and play. Any really old timers remember the tabletop version?

http://theminiaturespage.com/rules/mod/harpoon.html

Loved the computer versions as well, Naval has just always been my thing.

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Miniatures Harpoon, and various versions of computer Harpoon over the years (hours and hours :-) ). Also 1:1200 WWII naval miniatures using Seapower and Seekrieg, and computerized Shipbase computer assisted.
    Dave
    ===========
    "Happy is he who gets to know the meaning of things"
    -- Virgil

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionCK2: Holy Knight

I played harpoon game, boy that was a long long time ago... last century!

Yea, What time compression? Once you go past 10-1 the PC just slows to a crawl ;-P

Quote Originally Posted by goodwood2 View Post
    First played Harpoon on my amiga soooo slow.
    Wow, me too! (he says while pulling his long gray beard) Went back and forth between Harpoon, The Perfect General (cool game!) and Tom Landry's Football. My first two Amigas didn't even have hard drives.

Naval War: Arctic Circle

I've been a Harpoon enthusiest since it came out way back when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Harpooner here (JCR), Harpoon 2 (on 3 1/2" disks) and Harpoon 3 in various forms.
    I wrote two scenarios at Harpoondatabases and did the initial DB encyclopedia entries for the german navy warships.
    "ei sink ei si not reit? All män sit hier and luck in se son and no män work? Sis give it not!"

"does General Pownall really pwn all?"

Semi old fart that used to play Harpoon as well on my 386! My favourite was the office that appeared after you ALT-F10 - Nuclear attack shortcut - " Are you sure?". This game seems to have potential, loved Fleet Command as well.

Waited years for it to come out on Amiga. Had a A500 in back in 1989 I think.

What was the battleset called that involved the Convoys across the pond ? Loved that. C141's out of Norfolk anyone ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast