+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts of Iron 3 - FTM Video Tutorials (WIP)

Post Hearts of Iron 3 - Video Tutorials

Welcome!

Here you will find a listing of all my video tutorials for Hearts of Iron 3 on youtube.
    Pick the Playlist if you want to watch the whole series or the individual links if you're looking for something specific!

Hearts of Iron III - Their Finest Hour Tutorials
    1. AI Army Control Introduction & Allied Objectives
    2. Supply System Overview

Hearts of Iron III - For the Motherland - Basic Tutorial Series (Complete)
    Playlist containing all episodes
    1. Episode I - Options
    2. Episode II - Interface Overview
    3. Episode III - Diplomacy
    4. Episode IV - Production
    5. Episode V - Technology
    6. Episode VI - Politics
    7. Episode VII - Intelligence
    8. Episode VIII - Military Part I
    9. Episode IX - Military Part II

Order of Battle Tutorial (Complete)
    Playlist containing both parts
    1. Order of Battle Tutorial - Part 1 - Theory
    2. Order of Battle Tutorial - Part 2 - Execution

Theatre Creation Tutorial (Complete)
    1. Theatre Creation Tutorial

I will continue updating this thread as I release new tutorials.
    Feel free to post feedback,suggestions, etc, here or in the YouTube video comments, I read it all, I promise!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Surray; 29-10-2013 at 20:36. Reason: added supply tutorial

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2

Ah yes, been watching these as you may have noticed!

Superb work of course, they really help! Keep up the good work!

Watched a couple of those recently. They are really good. I suggest stickying this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbz2 View Post
    Ah yes, been watching these as you may have noticed!
    Yes, of course! Thank you for your kind comments, Tibbz! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Jazumir View Post
    Watched a couple of those recently. They are really good. I suggest stickying this thread!
    I feel honoured that you would suggest such a thing! Thank you very much!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2

You deserve them! Could I ask one thing though - what is the best starting country in your opinion?

I'm having a hard time finding a country where I can get my head around everything!

Oh that's a tough question...
    You know.. some people suggest the USA because you can't really lose and can go at your own pace, others suggest germany because you have your whole country in 1 spot with no colonies or islands or whatever.
    If you ask me there is no best starting choice for everyone. It's best to start with a country you want to try. You'll learn enough so that you can later move on to other countries and learn just things more specific to those countries as you go.
    The basics are the same for all countries anyway.

Personally I started playing as japan which was tough, but I like japan so that's what I went with. It interested me enough to keep me invested in the game and care enough to learn how to handle it.

If you don't really have any specific country you want to try though, I'd say germany is a good choice. It helps that you know what you're supposed to do historically. So you already have your goals set out for you and you
    just have to worry about how to do it in game, instead of having to come up with your own goals.
    You may very well lose the war but that is also part of the learning process and losing can teach you a lot about what you can do better next time.
    With the USA for example you can do whatever and be fine, which doesn't facilitate learning how to deal with challenges too well.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    i heard the music ath the start and was like "DEV DARIY! YAH!" subbed and liked anbd all the ussal youtube jaz, they look good.

second on the sticky this post, maybe a sticky on FTM guides with this and misterbeans AAR (is that still going, i know he had forum issues)
    In the future there will only be two workers, a human and a dog. The human's job will be feeding the dog. The dog's job will be making sure the human doesn't touch the computers.

someone linked me the oob tutorial it really helped alot

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Surray View Post
    Oh that's a tough question...
    You know.. some people suggest the USA because you can't really lose and can go at your own pace, others suggest germany because you have your whole country in 1 spot with no colonies or islands or whatever.
    If you ask me there is no best starting choice for everyone. It's best to start with a country you want to try. You'll learn enough so that you can later move on to other countries and learn just things more specific to those countries as you go.
    The basics are the same for all countries anyway.

Personally I started playing as japan which was tough, but I like japan so that's what I went with. It interested me enough to keep me invested in the game and care enough to learn how to handle it.

If you don't really have any specific country you want to try though, I'd say germany is a good choice. It helps that you know what you're supposed to do historically. So you already have your goals set out for you and you
    just have to worry about how to do it in game, instead of having to come up with your own goals.
    You may very well lose the war but that is also part of the learning process and losing can teach you a lot about what you can do better next time.
    With the USA for example you can do whatever and be fine, which doesn't facilitate learning how to deal with challenges too well.

Thanks for that, I think I will stick with Germany as I don't like having colonies everywhere!

Victoria 2

On the second page already? Come on this deserves at least to be recognized + added to the tutorials sticky/stickied itself!

Most people here don't need this any more so it's understandable I think :-)
    The main reason for this thread to exist is so that new players can find the tutorials when they come here for the first time and look for help.

Victoria 2

I guess... However I think most new players are put off by the difficulty and can't find good tutorials so leave, but if they saw these then they wouldn't!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I found these great. I hope you do more.

Haters gonna hate.

These are REALLY good! Thank you so much for posting them and I look forward to hopefully more!

Really well made tutorials thank you for your effort ^^ would you mind doing something on navy composition and how to optimally utilize your fleets?

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by weezee View Post
    Really well made tutorials thank you for your effort ^^ would you mind doing something on navy composition and how to optimally utilize your fleets?
    Yes I think an episode on the Navy would be great!

Thank you Christian and weezee!

I'd like to do a navy tutorial if I can find enough stuff to talk about.
    It's already on my imaginary to-do list actually, along with AI army control, specific country guides and brigade stats / division setups.
    No clue when it's coming though :-)

Victoria 2

As long as you keep explaining stuff the way you do I would watch anything!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

DAT radio voice. I could easily fall asleep with this

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    DAT radio voice. I could easily fall asleep with this
    Haha! I don't think I want people falling asleep while watching my videos. Perhaps I should randomly scream to make sure everyone stays awake and attentive :-)

Episode 7 is now available btw. I updated the first post with the link.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast