• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Surray

Second Lieutenant
70 Badges
Jan 25, 2005
  • Victoria 2
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
Hearts of Iron 3 - Video Tutorials

Welcome!

Here you will find a listing of all my video tutorials for Hearts of Iron 3 on youtube.
Pick the Playlist if you want to watch the whole series or the individual links if you're looking for something specific!

Hearts of Iron III - Their Finest Hour Tutorials
  1. AI Army Control Introduction & Allied Objectives
  2. Supply System Overview

Hearts of Iron III - For the Motherland - Basic Tutorial Series (Complete)
Playlist containing all episodes
  1. Episode I - Options
  2. Episode II - Interface Overview
  3. Episode III - Diplomacy
  4. Episode IV - Production
  5. Episode V - Technology
  6. Episode VI - Politics
  7. Episode VII - Intelligence
  8. Episode VIII - Military Part I
  9. Episode IX - Military Part II

Order of Battle Tutorial (Complete)
Playlist containing both parts
  1. Order of Battle Tutorial - Part 1 - Theory
  2. Order of Battle Tutorial - Part 2 - Execution

Theatre Creation Tutorial (Complete)
  1. Theatre Creation Tutorial

I will continue updating this thread as I release new tutorials.
Feel free to post feedback,suggestions, etc, here or in the YouTube video comments, I read it all, I promise!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions:
You deserve them! Could I ask one thing though - what is the best starting country in your opinion?

I'm having a hard time finding a country where I can get my head around everything!

Oh that's a tough question...
You know.. some people suggest the USA because you can't really lose and can go at your own pace, others suggest germany because you have your whole country in 1 spot with no colonies or islands or whatever.
If you ask me there is no best starting choice for everyone. It's best to start with a country you want to try. You'll learn enough so that you can later move on to other countries and learn just things more specific to those countries as you go.
The basics are the same for all countries anyway.

Personally I started playing as japan which was tough, but I like japan so that's what I went with. It interested me enough to keep me invested in the game and care enough to learn how to handle it.

If you don't really have any specific country you want to try though, I'd say germany is a good choice. It helps that you know what you're supposed to do historically. So you already have your goals set out for you and you
just have to worry about how to do it in game, instead of having to come up with your own goals.
You may very well lose the war but that is also part of the learning process and losing can teach you a lot about what you can do better next time.
With the USA for example you can do whatever and be fine, which doesn't facilitate learning how to deal with challenges too well.

i heard the music ath the start and was like "DEV DARIY! YAH!" subbed and liked anbd all the ussal youtube jaz, they look good.

second on the sticky this post, maybe a sticky on FTM guides with this and misterbeans AAR (is that still going, i know he had forum issues)

Oh that's a tough question...
You know.. some people suggest the USA because you can't really lose and can go at your own pace, others suggest germany because you have your whole country in 1 spot with no colonies or islands or whatever.
If you ask me there is no best starting choice for everyone. It's best to start with a country you want to try. You'll learn enough so that you can later move on to other countries and learn just things more specific to those countries as you go.
The basics are the same for all countries anyway.

Personally I started playing as japan which was tough, but I like japan so that's what I went with. It interested me enough to keep me invested in the game and care enough to learn how to handle it.

If you don't really have any specific country you want to try though, I'd say germany is a good choice. It helps that you know what you're supposed to do historically. So you already have your goals set out for you and you
just have to worry about how to do it in game, instead of having to come up with your own goals.
You may very well lose the war but that is also part of the learning process and losing can teach you a lot about what you can do better next time.
With the USA for example you can do whatever and be fine, which doesn't facilitate learning how to deal with challenges too well.

Thanks for that, I think I will stick with Germany as I don't like having colonies everywhere! :p

DAT radio voice. I could easily fall asleep with this :p