• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1 picture=1.000 words
t9xldf.jpg

I do love my Norse Norway game (Norseway?)

The Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde were both great for the world... the Horde conquered Rus and France (and some HRE lands, not much), and after Rus successfully broke free on their billionth try, they went into a massive revolt as their king died in the independence war. They ultimately lost all of their holdings in the former Cuman lands, which combined with the remnants of the Cumans (which are all independent, the Cuman Khanate is no more) has created a nice balkanized region in the east... which is now being further divided up as a weaker ruler has come to power in the Ilkhanate, and nearly every vassal of there's is currently declaring independence (and most of em have the power to win it). Meanwhile, the Golden Horde still holds much of France, though a few bits have been snatched by the HRE and the super Emirate of Beja (and a little by Al-Andalus)

The ERE has lost most of Greece and Anatolia to independence wars (with Mosul being gobbled up by the already scary big Azerbaijan, who is now a match for the ERE), so nice to see them kept in check. Trebizond and Cyprus are small powerhouses in their own right, Mosul was until everyone tried to kill them (they were Monophysite!), but the best story was the Aegan Islands. They were one of the first to free themselves from Byzantine rule, and went on to conquer much of North Africa and form the Kingdom of Africa. Sadly, it only lasted a generation until Muslims Jihaded them, re-usurped the title of Africa, effectively breaking apart their awesome little empire. Athens has started to try and pick up the pieces and re-unite the former Aegean Empire lands, but they're a shadow of that former Greek awesomeness.

Abyssinia broke free of the Shia Caliphate as a Muslim state, thought that was cool. Meanwhile, a powerful Hormuz state has been periodically snatching land from the Caliph, and now have a legitimate chance to found Arabia before the game comes to an end if they can keep it up.

So, other than the HRE gobbling parts of France and all of Hungary, it's been a fun game... oh, and England mostly conquering Wales sucked. Still, watching the Caliphate, super-Rus, and the ERE all take some hits has been amusing, and I look forward to how the east looks after the dust settles with the Ilkhanate's mass revolt. I'm positive at least a couple of them, namely those that can field more troops than the Ilkhanate currently can, will probably break free.... and the more independent nations, the better as far as I'm concerned. I don't like blobbing, after all.