• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(474015)

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 9, 2012
  • Pillars of Eternity
I bought the game through Steam today. I have a steam key in the format of WARB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

When I click multiplayer, and find a server to join and click on it, then I am prompted to input my cd key. When I do, it fails to authenticate. I have tried putting it with/without hyphens, with/without WARB part at the beginning, etc... This is very frustrating. What do I need to do?

I bought the game through Steam today. I have a steam key in the format of WARB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

When I click multiplayer, and find a server to join and click on it, then I am prompted to input my cd key. When I do, it fails to authenticate. I have tried putting it with/without hyphens, with/without WARB part at the beginning, etc... This is very frustrating. What do I need to do?

Same here..

I found this from another forum:

(Today at 02:57:32 PM)
Hi folks. We are aware of the situation and working on a solution right now. In the meantime if you could submit a ticket to Steam Support about your problem, this might help your problem get fixed faster.

I hope this is fixed soon :/

There's some situation between Paradox/Taleworlds/Steam where the keys aren't sync'd. Taleworlds devs are aware of it and are working on it. See here on the Taleworlds forum for a dev response. They suggest submitting a Steam support ticket in the interim.

Im satisfied as long as someone is dealing with the problem and not blaming each other.. like a steam to paradox to taleworld and back to steam-loop. Someone needs to step up and fix this.