Thread: Multiplayer servers ask for cd key

Multiplayer servers ask for cd key

I bought the game through Steam today. I have a steam key in the format of WARB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

When I click multiplayer, and find a server to join and click on it, then I am prompted to input my cd key. When I do, it fails to authenticate. I have tried putting it with/without hyphens, with/without WARB part at the beginning, etc... This is very frustrating. What do I need to do?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by dmayberry View Post
    I bought the game through Steam today. I have a steam key in the format of WARB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

When I click multiplayer, and find a server to join and click on it, then I am prompted to input my cd key. When I do, it fails to authenticate. I have tried putting it with/without hyphens, with/without WARB part at the beginning, etc... This is very frustrating. What do I need to do?
    Same here..

I'm also having this issue, Just bought the game today.
    Is this a problem with Steam?
    Last edited by Yakelo; 09-04-2012 at 16:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakelo View Post
    I'm also having this issue, Just bought the game today.
    Is this a problem with Steam?
    Is there anyone who can help us here please?

The key steam gave me (in the format of WARB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) activated on this site fine.. Which I dont understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakelo View Post
    The key steam gave me (in the format of WARB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) activated on this site fine.. Which I dont understand.
    Yeah it worked fine here for me too..

Someone tell us >_< I just downloaded and installed this game today and I have the exact same problem! lol... also my key starts with WARB :O

I found this from another forum:

(Today at 02:57:32 PM)
    Hi folks. We are aware of the situation and working on a solution right now. In the meantime if you could submit a ticket to Steam Support about your problem, this might help your problem get fixed faster.
    I hope this is fixed soon :/

it really is really strange :| but as you said, I hope they fix it soon, I also have also send a ticket to steam several hours ago, hope I get a answer ASAP

Feel really unlucky that of all days to buy it, I chose today.

There's some situation between Paradox/Taleworlds/Steam where the keys aren't sync'd. Taleworlds devs are aware of it and are working on it. See here on the Taleworlds forum for a dev response. They suggest submitting a Steam support ticket in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabadrin View Post
    There's some situation between Paradox/Taleworlds/Steam where the keys aren't sync'd. Taleworlds devs are aware of it and are working on it. See here on the Taleworlds forum for a dev response. They suggest submitting a Steam support ticket in the interim.
    Im satisfied as long as someone is dealing with the problem and not blaming each other.. like a steam to paradox to taleworld and back to steam-loop. Someone needs to step up and fix this.

If you didn't see on Taleworlds:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnor
    Hi folks! We are in contact with Steam and working on a solution. In the meantime please send your cd-keys (the cd-key you'll see when you click on "View Game CD Key" in Steam Library) to us ( support@taleworlds.com ). We'll fix issue manually until we found a permanent solution.