+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Knight hospitaller now has 3 strongholds in Hebron

The Knight hospitaller now has 3 strongholds in Hebron

They keep petitioning this and now I got 3 extra stronghold within 5 years after they appeared. The problem is what benefits do I get for it? When I summon them, they appeared back in my capital anyways so thats not really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokie View Post
    They keep petitioning this and now I got 3 extra stronghold within 5 years after they appeared. The problem is what benefits do I get for it? When I summon them, they appeared back in my capital anyways so thats not really helpful.
    Vassalize them and hire for 19 piety and no maintenance.

But do they need "3" strongholds?! Hebron was a 2 slot county, it is now turned into a powerful 5 slot, as strong as Jerusalem itself (*-*)

Imagine, that You may attack them with Your county claim. Within 30 years You may capture it - don't You think this is worth ? I regret that they didn't come to me so many times...

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Guardian View Post
    Imagine, that You may attack them with Your county claim. Within 30 years You may capture it - don't You think this is worth ? I regret that they didn't come to me so many times...
    It is great....but it feels strange having a poor county turned into something as powerful as Constantinople.

Chairman of the Bear Republic joelzhl's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

I hope they build all their strongholds in the holy land. If you grant them a county back home and a duke title (name only), you can get a really good vassal. Futhermore, since he has a few holdings in the holy land, your county back home will get a good demesne bonus for tech. Plus, the knight's holding does not take up extra space, it's added onto the max holding.

Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    Vassalize them and hire for 19 piety and no maintenance.
    How do you vassalize them?

by cheating.

its quite hard, need to be good friends, dejure ruler and same culture for it to succeed. because even if they are just a baron, the grandmaster title gives the small difference in rank modifier regardless.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrangerOrg View Post
    by cheating.

its quite hard, need to be good friends, dejure ruler and same culture for it to succeed. because even if they are just a baron, the grandmaster title gives the small difference in rank modifier regardless.
    Not quite, but you need them to have land, then you need to invite a claimant, give HIM land, and then press his claim. Or be the king of France. I remember that helping a lot.
    Last edited by Isaios; 08-04-2012 at 16:07. Reason: no idea what "gelping" is
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

ah ye, good one. hadnt thought of that

Second Lieutenant dancescenario6's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Isaios View Post
    Not quite, but you need them to have land, then you need to invite a claimant, give HIM land, and then press his claim. Or be the king of France. I remember that helping a lot.
    If you have the ducal claim, can you just declare war outright without need for claimants?

Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you have the ducal title for the counties where they have baronies, you can conquer the baronies back, but this doesn't make them your vassals of course. On the other hand, it's an easy way to get four or more baronies to use.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    I dont quite see how you can force vassalize them. Their primary title is grandmaster. Everythng else is additional, and they will just lose whatever is taken with a claim. Unless there are claiments for the grandmaster title?
    A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

What level is Grandmaster? Is it a king and only emperor can vassalize them?

What level is Grandmaster? Is it a king and only emperor can vassalize them?
    Duke. Might be count but I think it's duke.

A Grandmaster is a Duke.

IF an Order has LAND they will generate claimants, who can then be invited.

Give land to the invited claimant and press his claim on the order.

You have now vassalised a Holy Order.

Optional bonus victory:

Marry the claimant to a daughter of your king matrilinearly, their son will inherit the claim.

Elect him as heir to the kingdom.

Once king, press the claim.

You now OWN a Holy Order. (cost is 0 to hire and 0 in upkeep, too gamey for me, but some might find it amusing.)

Mein Führer! I can walk!

A Grandmaster is a Duke.

Optional bonus victory:

Marry the claimant to a daughter of your king matrilinearly, their son will inherit the claim.

You now OWN a Holy Order. (cost is 0 to hire and 0 in upkeep, too gamey for me, but some might find it amusing.)
    On a similar note, do titular duchies count towards your duchy limit? Besides the holy orders and mercenary bands, there's a few other ones as well (duke of khazars for example) and I'm just wondering if they count towards the duchy limit.

A Grandmaster is a Duke.

Optional bonus victory:

Can other peeps still use them? If not, whats to stop me to get them out all day? :B

Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    On a similar note, do titular duchies count towards your duchy limit? Besides the holy orders and mercenary bands, there's a few other ones as well (duke of khazars for example) and I'm just wondering if they count towards the duchy limit.
    They do, yes

Can other peeps still use them? If not, whats to stop me to get them out all day? :B
    No one else can hire them. THe message you get is "The Knights Templar are currently in fief to Somewhere". And there's nothing to stop you from using them at all times. Not even being prevented from declaring war.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

No one else can hire them. THe message you get is "The Knights Templar are currently in fief to Somewhere". And there's nothing to stop you from using them at all times. Not even being prevented from declaring war.
    Hmm I guess as a vassal, the only downside is they will start hating you when raising 'long levies' ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast