• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You guys are ballsy to do these kind of crazy assassinations! What happened to you tyranny rating after you killed three of your sons' wives?

Oh, his spymaster was terrible and he and his wives were not so hot at Intrigue either. I had something like a 75% chance of killing them and only a 10% chance of getting caught after I sent my spymaster to his county to build a spy network. I think I failed a couple of times but wasn't detected, so it only cost me the 50 gold.

In my first game when I still was very clumsy with my intrigues I was forced to murder seven children and five adults of the same family just to finally get my heir that ducal title I coveted. That bastard of a duke kept marrying new wifes and fathering new heirs with superior inheritance claims faster than I could assassinate them all on my meagre budget...

kill my son's wife and his child. or when this one time my brother rebelled against me so i executed him.or this one times i was in war with france (i was ireland) and then a muslim ruler claims 1 province i had as a colony south of sicily so i surrendered.then i assasanated 5 randoom muslim leaders cause i was pissed

I executed every single prisoner at once, including some relatives. Had to have been around 30.

In honesty, I don't believe it's that evil considering I was in a 30 year perpetual state of civil war in my kingdom and all of my prisoners were traitors.

The Pope and others didn't see it that way. Luckily, my king died soon afterwards.

Always marry my sons to Lustful 16 year olds regardless of any other traits and then as the multitude of children arrive, I bump off the really bad ones and keep the remaining good crop for the next generation. In my courts, lustful characters are the majority so i'm guessing our feasts must be pretty pumping parties. My court is never close to being under 30 characters but i always get at least two kids from each if they're in my court. Grant any a land title and rabbits couldn't produce as much offspring as these horny bratts do.

I don't care for my daughter in laws to be attractive or quick. I just want lusty bitches... And a pocket full of gold to kill the really bad ones that come out of these unions before they hit puberty.

Yes, I have serious troubles with Piety in my game. Gotta love Anti-popes....

assassinated a copule of brothers, nephews, a son and even grand kids. all to unite the Rus under my duke and show the world the power of a king with 4 counties all with; 4 castles, a town and a church.

my personally levies where huge, so any rebellion ended well for me, of course when i evental had a regeancy crisis it all turned to shit

I had a courtier woman who had the Genius trait, so I thought "hey, I should make her my (third) wife!" Unfortunately, she was married. Fortunately, her husband had an... accident.

I like to think my character proposed marriage at the funeral wake.

The Serbian Queen refused my hand. So I kill her. And her son. And her grandson, and her cousin, and her cousin's son, and her cousin's wife, and her count was slightly related, and every single bloody person I could find. Even her grandmother. It took a few years, but a lot of them were easy attempts. By the end of it not a single member of her family was left alive. I had killed an entire dynasty.

Playing as King of Sweden, Erik, I had a son who I proudly named after my own king, but looking at his stats he was slow... With a genius mother... The kid was 3rd in line and no chance of ever getting the crown (elective) but I just had to assassinate him so that he wouldn't soil my kings proud name with his existence.

I felt really bad afterwards :laugh:

The Serbian Queen refused my hand. So I kill her. And her son. And her grandson, and her cousin, and her cousin's son, and her cousin's wife, and her count was slightly related, and every single bloody person I could find. Even her grandmother. It took a few years, but a lot of them were easy attempts. By the end of it not a single member of her family was left alive. I had killed an entire dynasty.

Killing an entire dynasty feels so...epic. Especially a ruling one. It gives me a feeling that my power is unlimited :D. Yeah, assassination - the ultimate playground of European high politics.

As king of France, marrying the granddaughter to the Duke of Normandy, a vassal to Englisch crown. Killing her baby brothers that were from another marriage.

Then when my father in law inherited the Duchy of Normandy, I made sure my old father in law and old mother in law were very happy and nothing came to them (fertility low). Then after the duke's death, my wife becomes the duchess of Normandy. And my firstborn, both heir to the titles of France and Normandy.

The funny thing is that my uncle holds a claim - not inheritable - to the Englisch crown that was passed by my grandmother, but my father died from syphylis. So he never was able to press it, due to my grandmothers great health. The problem is that the most ideal situation would be that I get the duchy of Normandy,and then I go after the ENglisch crown for my uncle. So both France and England share the same house, and probably I get another shot at inheritance scheming to merge both titles.

The situation is totally authentic.

My third wife, who had produced a number of children to complement the bastards and true born from my first two, was scheming to murder a good heir who was ahead of her offspring in line of succession. She had good stats, so I threw her in jail and put her under house arrest. Side note: not sure you should get spouse stats if you've arrested them.

Anyway, my heir died in battle or something so I got the event where I had the opportunity to visit my wife in her "chambers" ... I did, even though I didn't really need any more children, and lo and behold, nine months later a daughter emerges - already in jail. A little distasteful all around.

In my first game I formed the Kingdom of Sicily. My mother-in-law started a plot to kill me (she was my father's second wife) so her son could inherent the crown. I killed her two sons and forced her into a marriage with her grandson.

new ones. i married to the princess of georgia.she had like 9 brothers. i killed 7 of them and her father then i ran out of gold...
also i was in a war with scotland and then a french duke attacks me.in order to not fight a 2 front war i kill the duke... but the war wont stop.so i killed like 5 other heirs.

Just last night I had three generations of Jimenas marry the same Swedish genius. She had a gift for gab and running a household that was too hard to resist (high stats across the board). She was the third wife of Fernando III "the Wise" who was just as interested in her barely legal youth. Despite a massive age difference she did right by him, giving him his last two of ten kids.

When the old codger died, Benito I ascended. Don't ask what happened to Fernando the IV who was an imbecile. Benito realized his wife was unfit to rule a kingdom and killed her. Looking around the eligible pool, he couldn't resist that still very young Swedish genius. She did right by him too, giving him two kids before his short rein ended.

Benito II (Benito's son from the prior marriage) took over in his teens. He had to be tutored by his genius step-mom/ grand-mom for a year or two. By now the whole realm knew who the best queen would be. Upon reaching majority he fulfilled every school boy's fantasy and married her. She was now barely 30, and had enough left in her to give him twins pretty quickly....

I am my own grandpa.

As William the conqueror:
Married Aines de Poitu (heir to Aquitaine)
Murdered her father (so that Aines became Duchess)
Waited for Aines to have a child
Murdered Aines (So the child would become duchess)
Murdered the child (So I would inherit the title and become duke of Aquitaine)