• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Julius "the Good" of England, I married the princess of Scotland, who had three younger brothers ahead of her in the line of succession. I initially only wanted my wife's claim for my son, but when her eldest younger brother (the heir) died of measles at 17, I realized..... hey if I could just rid myself of the rest of her family, my son would simply just inherit Scotland through a bloodless transition. So I had my wife's two living brothers and father all brutally murdered, and it was no secret. Seemed like the righteous thing to do, why slaughter thousands in war when 3 royal assholes could be sacrificed for the unification of the realm? I guess King Julius had an Ozymandias syndrome or something.

Reactions:
Most evil thing I've done today on CK2 would be when my current ruler's sister (I was roleplaying and she was my favourite out of that generation) was assassinated while pregnant with her first child. She was married to the Duke of York, but since he didn't try to avenge her death, so I, the King of Wales and some of Ireland, plot to assassinate the Count who had her killed, as well as his wife and three kids, I think I might have killed his two brothers as well.

Later on, I also got the choice to seduce one of my daughters, who had just turned 16 and I had just finished mentoring her. I say yes, she ends up pregnant and gives birth to a girl, all while betrothed to the future Emperor of the HRE. That girl didn't even have the inbred trait, and is now betrothed to the heir of Scotland, who is her cousin.

I was playing a norse pagan. When my longships raided my wifes homeland, she hatched a plot to kill me. So I incarcarated her and sacrificed her to my gods the first chance I got. I plot (and finish) the death of infants on a regular basis. I turned Ireland into a grab-discount, as the local lords are incapable of mounting a meaningful resistance, which provides me with more poor Christians for my sacrifices (Bishops are my favourite there).

While playing as the pope with a prisoner in my dungeons, I got the "torture the prisoners" event twice. The first time, he was merely tortured; the second time, maimed.

My prisoner was six years old.

While playing as the pope with a prisoner in my dungeons, I got the "torture the prisoners" event twice. The first time, he was merely tortured; the second time, maimed.

How can you even play as the Pope?
Mod?

Reactions:
As Refr the Dragon, Norse King of Irland and Skotland, I imprisoned and banished every single Jarl within my Kingdom because I had elective succession and they didn't like me enough to vote for the person I wanted.

Oh, and in another game I once murdered my infant nephew in order to inherit the throne of Denmark because I was about to lose my only remaining county.

Hi,

I was watching a very interesting Documentary/Show about the life of the emperor Nero. This inspired me to create a Byzantine emperor as mad as Nero... Castration, Blinding, Executions and last but not least... Marriage to useless courtiers from " cold as hell northern Russia " were daily pleasures the Emperor enjoyed. Let me also add that roleplaying this mad man is quite a bit of fun.

tumblr_ls0n680YOe1qhqpyb.jpg

well lets see there have been so many but After Seducing my sons lusty new wife and impregnating her to boot i ended up assassinating him and getting like 8 children on her

wow now ive assassinated children before but tortured them as the pontif that is indeed a new low :)

Reactions:
Either as the Byzantines or the Holy Roman empire murdering every single Greek or Karling/Frank/Occitan who converted to a non-Christian religion when wars were lost. Of special were the deaths of family members such as the sunni muslim Karling duke of Berry. Not even fleeing their realms to Muslim realms kept the traitors safe as they died mysteriously in the night.

You will burn in hell.

Not if he's Irish. He'll get a nice pension and a house in the country...

Playing with Enatic-Cognatic succession, but I got a king, so I figured I'd try the marriage game and married him to the Petty Queen of Vastergautland and Skåne. They had three daughters who lived to adulthood, which is good for me, and one son, which is bad as her realm is Agnatic-Cognatic—meaning that the daughters would inherit my kingdom in England and the son would inherit her lands in Scandinavia. My king murdered his own son to avoid this.

Oh, and since I'm stuck with Gavelkind, one of the daughters was assassinated by a "lone bowman". My king can't decide which of the other two should inherit, so I suspect it will go to a civil war between them....

As the king of Wessex, I wanted to take Cornwall, so I seduced the king's wife, who was also his spymaster, to help murder him. Still, my diplomat managed to fabricate a claim before that, so I conquered it and seized Devon. I took all of the king's family and, between neglect and executions, they all ended up dead. Probably the worst thing I did here was breaking a five years old in the wheel. My diplomat managed to fabricate claims in Cornwall just a few weeks after, so I conquered again and forced the king out. He ended up as a count in a continental county. So, just to piss him off, I seduced his new wife and had a child with her, which he discovered and I legitimised. Afterwards, he got sick, and in an experimental treatment he was castrated by the court's physician, so his only possible heir was my daughter. When he died of his disease, I profanated his grave, chopped his head off and hanged it on the wall as a trophy, then I married his new wife and murdered her and my daugther, thus becoming the de facto count.

As an immortal Zoroastrian... marry my daughter. Then when a non-inbred daugther with her reached 16, I killed my daughter-wife to marry our daughter.

I did this for several daugther generations, until the 6th marriage or so produced no daugthers, only one inbred son. Her DNA was only 2 letters away from mine.
Now that the matrilineal daughter-wife line is broken, I had to marry the daughter of one of my sons (married to one of my daughters).

My family tree is more like a family grass.

Last edited:
Reactions:
As an immortal Zoroastrian... marry my daughter. Then when a non-inbred daugther with her reached 16, I killed my daughter-wide to marry our daughter.

I did this for several daugther generations, until the 6th marriage or so produced no daugthers, only one inbred son. Her DNA was only 2 letters away from mine.
Now that the matrilineal daughter-wife line is broken, I had to marry the daughter of one of my sons (married to one of my daughters).

My family tree is more like a family grass.
i wanted to try it :D

Reactions:
Married my son and heir to the only child of an aging lord, thinking his lands would eventually pass to his daughter and then to me. Improbably though, he had a son a few years later, so to keep the son from inheriting I had a maid smother the baby in his sleep. I figured that was the end of it, but no, this guy kept having sons one after the other, I think I ended up smothering five or six of them. Usually this game turns me into an amoral machine, but this is one of the few times I remember actually feeling bad about what I was doing. Eventually the daughter died before her father, so the whole thing ended up being for naught.

Reactions: