As a thank you from me, have some metro map tools!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(323309)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 1, 2011
twitter.com
  • Cities in Motion
Hi everyone,

I've had a lovely welcome to the Paradox Forums, and fellow players have been very helpful in getting me started on Cities in Motion. I left forums and messageboards for many of my interests long ago for reasons I'm sure you're all familiar with elsewhere on the Internet.

As a thank you from me I wanted to share two tools that I hope are new to at least some of you. The first is a metro map creator by BENO (a BVE player and apparent fan of anything buried underground) that allows you to create pretty decent looking metro maps quickly and easily. For a laugh I put together the Berlin metro map that's actually bringing me success. I've attached a sample for you, as the editor allows export of what it calls low (read: near-HD) and high (read: insane) res images. As a trivia tidbit, the default map rather nicely takes inspiration from the Underground's East London (now Overground) line in including the two New Cross stations.

berlinmetro.png

The second is a brilliant French site (with English translation available) by Franklin Jarrier which includes ludicrously detailed Metro maps from various countries. Needless to say the London maps are my favourite, with the maps going down to platform number detail, adding in sidings and depots and even marking the ghost stations.

I hope you enjoy these!
G

Hi everyone,
As a thank you from me I wanted to share two tools that I hope are new to at least some of you. The first is a metro map creator by BENO (a BVE player and apparent fan of anything buried underground) that allows you to create pretty decent looking metro maps quickly and easily.

This is really cool, we were discussing a couple of months ago, what tool would be the best for this. Thanks a lot!