• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry about the long wait, everyone. My aunt passed away last Sunday, in fact she might have passed away as I am writing this seven days ago. Needless to say, I've had bigger concerns than EUIII. Anyway, thanks as always for the suggestions; this TRUELY mediocre player will take all the help he can get.

Chapter 3: Naples (Part II)

I let the Subjugation War against Epirus and their ally Sicily run for a little while before taking the first screenshot. As you can see, I managed to beat the Sicily stack and take Palermo, while the Epirote (thank you Northcutt!) capital has also fallen. Once I finish with Sicilian-held Greece I plan on seizing Anatolian Epirus for maximum peace (though I will try to keep the infamy suggestions in mind!).

But alas, the heir is dead! Thankfully his younger brother, Ladislao (not shown in the screenie) is next in line to the throne. The 5 year old is a prodigy; 8/3/8.

EU3_64.jpg

Bastardos! (does that work in Portuguese too or is that just the Spanish form? Anyone know?)

EU3_65.jpg

Peace! I vassalized the both of 'em. EDIT: I thought I vassalized both of them but apparently I didn't!!!! Gah. That won't do.

EU3_66.jpg

And then the heir had the bad sense to go die. Our prayers weren't answered, and we couldn't even afford a doctor. No screenshot for this sad state of affairs. I forgot to vassalize Sicily and then the heir of Sicily died because the king couldn't afford a doctor. I leave you with those thoughts, folks. Thanks for reading; hopefully I will be able to get back to a more regular update schedule.

Last edited:
Actually, maybe it's not such a bad thing that you didn't vassalize Sicily. This way, you don't have to break the vassalization or wait a really long time to finish your mission. You also have a core in Palermo, so it's a double win.

Also, my condolences for your loss. Don't worry about not updating. Some things are way more important. But it's good to have you back.

So, May was a tough month but it's over, and I'm ready to get back into EUIII. Expect an update, most likely with hilarious failures seeing as my few skills have been rusting.

It's good to see you're back, Yelnoc :) . As of now, you shouldn't have much trouble (unless Castille, France, or anyone else declares war on you :ninja:), so good luck.

Chapter 3: Naples (Part III)

I start off by commissioning a painting, because why not? As you see, I have a mission to take Achaea, but I need to wait four years for my truce to where off. Not seen in the screenie, I'm losing a bit over 3 ducats a month, my inflation is at 4.6%, and I have at least 1 outstanding loan. Hopefully I will be able to control my finances for as long as Carlo lives.

EU3_67.jpg

Nope, I couldn't escape taking out another loan, despite jacking my minting way up. Wonderful.

EU3_68.jpg

Oh look, a slider move. I go towards centralization...and get the revolt.

EU3_69.jpg

Oh look, an heir! I'm not particularly concerned about Papal Influence, considering I will be marching on Rome soon (they are allied with Sicily).

EU3_70.jpg

Oh, right, he's a bastard, so weak claim. That's too bad. But look at that admin skill...

EU3_71.jpg

Oh look, a cassus belli on Byzantium (which just formed). Don't mind if I do...

EU3_72.jpg

Darn, looks like I lost the free Achaea. I'll make up for it with gains in Byzantium.

EU3_73.jpg

Alright, Byzantium vassalized. I took a infamy hit for that because I only had a Diplomatic Insult cassus belli, but no big deal. I didn't notice until after, though, that Byzantium has the Crimean Peninsula, so now I have to worry about the horde.

EU3_74.jpg

My truce on Sicily has expired, so I'm going to use this reconquest cassus belli. Luckily, the Papal States are at war with a Pisan alliance also, so this should be much easier than the last war.

EU3_75.jpg

A new national idea! I immediately go for National Bank, because I need to get a handle on my inflation. Also, notice Tyrone helping me besiege Sicily. It's weird, because I'm not allied with them.

EU3_76.jpg

The war went well. Sicily has been conquered and I took Ancona from the Papal States. I feel like I've done enough with Naples, but King Carlo keeps on ticking. He's been on the throne for two decades now.

EU3_77.jpg

The past few years have been spent managing my finances and technology in peace. Now, King Carlo has fallen ill! I choose to delegate power to the nobles, but is the end nigh?

EU3_78.jpg

Hungary annexed Albania before I could finish that mission so I got a new one; Vassalize Tuscany! Ok!

EU3_79.jpg

I'm itching for some action. Crete will have to do.

EU3_80.jpg

And this, my friends, is where our Neapolitan journey ends. Poor little Filippo will have to hang onto his father's throne without my help.

EU3_81.jpg

Here is an overview of Europe. It looks like the Scottish AI has managed to reverse almost all of my gains in favor of Denmark. France and Spain are both doing quite well for themselves.

EU3_82.jpg

And here is the world map. Now it's time for you, dear readers, to choose my next country and king.

EU3_MAP_NAP_147461_1.jpg

Last edited:
And now the AI has to handle Naple's economy :D . You did a good job, though.

I vote for Bavaria.

Good to see you back and nice progress.

I vote for Tver!

FYI; I'm going to be out of town for nearly two weeks. In the meantime keep voting! Let's see if we can get some more seconds.

I have to say, this is one of the more interesting world maps my games have generated.

I vote for the blue country in America! No clue who they are
You either referring to the Creek or the Maya.

Probably the Creek.

Ah! A good list, but I'd like some more seconds. I'm also still out of town, but have found some internet finally, thank the lord. I'll be back in a few days with an update, though.

Chapter 4: Tver

Right, so I played three years as Tver without taking a single screenshot...
Oops.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much. I started at war with the Golden Horde and proceeded to occupy all of their land that I could get to before Lithuania (who is also at war with them). I've colonized those two southern provinces since then. Also, when I started my minting rate was ridiculously high. I've managed to drastically slow the rate of inflation, but I've yet to reverse it. So below is an overview of Mother Russia in 1477.

EU3_83.jpg

Here is a technology map to spice things up. I'm thinking one of my priorities with Tver is going to be avoiding European wars past Lithuania, because I am severely out-classed. By the way, if you guys have any specific map types you want to see in the next update, let me know.

EU3_84.jpg

I got bored and commissioned a painting. Does anyone know what having high cultural tradition does? Will it help my colonists succeed (because two in a row failed despite an 85% success rate)?

EU3_85.jpg

Looks like my ally Hungary picked a fight with both Castille and Austria. My response? Hell no!

EU3_86.jpg

Poland offers me an alliance. Hell yes! I forgot to include it in the screenshot, but my slider move was towards narrowminded, in hopes of speeding of the colonization and conversion of Horde lands. The move gave me a Theologian, who I hired.

EU3_87.jpg

Can someone explain to me why this event increases my trade technology rather than naval?

EU3_88.jpg

So then, the Nogai randomly invade.

EU3_89.jpg

And then Lithuania declares war on me. Thankfully, Poland stays faithful.

EU3_90.jpg

So, things are going along smoothly. I peace Nogai out, forcing them to concede defeat and then chase Novgorod's main army around (they declared war on me) while Poland and Mazovia went to work on Lithuania. Then this happened.

EU3_91.jpg

Gah! Time to get serious. I peaced The Horde after a decade of war in return for a small stipend, and moved my eastern doomstack towards the front.

EU3_92.jpg

Novgorod went next. I did everything I could to them, short of force vassalization.

EU3_93.jpg

Tragedy! Our king was killed while leading the charge at the Battle of Kursk! Just as the war seemed to be turning in our favor! You all know what this means; time for the AI to take over.

EU3_94.jpg

Here is a better view of Europe and the Near East.

EU3_95.jpg

And this is the map of the world in May of 1484.

EU3_MAP_TVE_1484516_1.jpg

Now then, who should I play as in Chapter 5?

Last edited: