Severely disappointed. Lockups every 30 seconds.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TrueCoppa

Captain
24 Badges
Mar 18, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Every 30 seconds the game will just lock up and I have to forcefully kill the process. I shelled out a decent bit of money for this game and it is just broken.

My specs are:
2 x 250 GB SATA II HDD
8GB DDR3 ( 2 x 4GB ) 1600mhz Corsair RAM
1 x 1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD6870
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I have the Cities in Motion collection, the USA cities DLC and patch 1.0.22 installed.
I have tried all the fixes I could find on this forum and elsewhere on the internet, nothing works. I am tired of constantly losing large portions of my transport network simply because I don't save every 3 seconds.

In my log_metro.txt there is nothing except the normal things (loading addons, saving game, etc)

The game is not installed to a directory requiring administrative access, but I tried running it as an admin anyway - No effect.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card installed, so that is not an issue either.

I am really disappointed that I forked out £15 and got this broken mess of a game. Granted, £15 is not much, but it is a decent bit of money which could have been spent on something else. And paying £15 for a broken mess of a game is definitely not acceptable.

After looking around a bit, I can see I am definitely not the first person to have this problem. Why is there no solution that works?

I know this should be posted in the Tech Support forum, but thanks to another problem of mine I cannot even register my game.

Last edited:
Try Iobit game booster [you will need to transfer the icon to game booster] See if thats works.

Also make sure not to run any programs in the background expect your Security Suite & When the game crash's have a look in Task Manager and see what processes are running e.g. CPU & Memory and Upload sceenshot and i see i can help you from their Apps & games only [not system processes].

If that fails then, Defrag you HDD. I hope this helps.

Try Iobit game booster [you will need to transfer the icon to game booster] See if thats works.

Also make sure not to run any programs in the background expect your Security Suite & When the game crash's have a look in Task Manager and see what processes are running e.g. CPU & Memory and Upload sceenshot and i see i can help you from their Apps & games only [not system processes].

If that fails then, Defrag you HDD. I hope this helps.
It is most definitely not my specs.

Recommended CPU:
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+
My CPU:
AMD Phenom II x6 2.8GHz
Recommended Graphics Card:
Radeon HD 3850
My Graphics Card:
Radeon HD 6870
Recommended RAM:
2 GB
My RAM:
8 GB

It is definitely an issue with the game itself, not my computer. This needs to be fixed because I'm tired of forking out money for alphas marketed as final releases.

Ok i will add this to Tech Support as well.

I think is more do to do with the programes on your HDD not the specs or the game. 1 of your Apps may be using more CPU which may be why the game is freezing.

Also try a different game and see if the same happens to it as well.

My Specs:
CPU - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
Graphics - Nvidia GT440 1GB
Ram - 3GB on 64bit OS

The game runs no problem

Last edited:
just a small note: i understand that you are pissed, but most people run the game without any serious issues, the game is fairly stable, so i'd say rather a driver problem - no reason to blame the game or the developers IMHO.

just a small note: i understand that you are pissed, but most people run the game without any serious issues, the game is fairly stable, so i'd say rather a driver problem - no reason to blame the game or the developers IMHO.
Look at Hearts of Iron III, when that game came out it was so buggy noone would even play it. Or was that a driver issue too?

Ok i will add this to Tech Support as well.

I think is more do to do with the programes on your HDD not the specs or the game. 1 of your Apps may be using more CPU which may be why the game is freezing.

Also try a different game and see if the same happens to it as well.

My Specs:
CPU - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
Graphics - Nvidia GT440 1GB
Ram - 3GB on 64bit OS

The game runs no problem
Only happens with this game, CPU usage idles at 30% ingame on New York with 3 metro lines, 2 tram lines and 6 bus lines.

You are telling me that you shouldn't blame the developer for a fault with the game
If it happens only with you and there are no other complaining users, then it is not so easy to decide what is the reason of the crash, no?
If you were the 100th complaining guy here, then i'd agree that the game is written terribly and it's highly unstable, but it's not the case...it's not perfectly stable, i had a couple of crashes, but only a few when the reason of the crash wasn't a mod...

You are telling me that you shouldn't blame the developer for a fault with the game

Well the developer isnt the same, Paradox only publishes this game. My specs are way worse than yours in every way and I have no DLC, and it runs fine, try changing the cursor to normal and messing with the graphics settings.

Well the developer isnt the same, Paradox only publishes this game. My specs are way worse than yours in every way and I have no DLC, and it runs fine, try changing the cursor to normal and messing with the graphics settings.
I wasn't blaming Paradox, I am aware of the difference between Publisher and Developer. I just thought this would be the most suitable place for it as I already have an account here and this is the forum where you register the game.

I wasn't blaming Paradox, I am aware of the difference between Publisher and Developer. I just thought this would be the most suitable place for it as I already have an account here and this is the forum where you register the game.

I was just responding since you said that Hearts of Iron was buggy, then said "You are telling me that you shouldn't blame the developer for a fault with the game" as if you thought that paradox was to blame for both of them since they were the developer of both.