America and All the Troubles II
I decided to redo this AAR for a couple of reasons. First the main idea for the game I want to play is different. Second, I want to do a comparison between Dies Ires: Stars and Stripes (DI) and standard 3.05 FtML (FtML) comparing where you are at each year. So I am going to post a few rules I will be going to abide by.
1. The USA will not place any spies in other countries until they do a hostile action and prior to full blown war. She can only add 2 spies to a country for each hostile action she observes from another country. I will try not to have more then 50 non-designated spies. That means until I goto war, no increasing threat of other countries.
2. I can not change my controlling party to anything not blue (Democrates or Republicans only) and I must stay a democracy. I will as history was in the Allies only and I will try to stay at peace until Pearl Harbor or 1942. I may (and plan to do so) lower my nuetrality early mainly to get to 65 for abilities to change laws and policies.
3. My builds will not include reserved land forces. I will also open up the 1942 campaign and record the number of ships, planes, land forces and such. I can not build moe then 150% of the starting forces beofre war. I may build new ships and when they are completed decomission a same class ship. One exception is max of 12 CVs and 6 CVLs at start. Also I will not count event units under these limits. Also land brigades with no frontage will not be worried about.
4. Ships originally at Pearl Harbor should be at Pearl Harbor by 1941 if at all possible. No building of Island Shore forts pre war. No more then doubling of ICs at any location. All other buildings have no limits with the exception of Infrastructure when it starts 2 or less may only be raised to 4.
5. The FtML game is only for comparison for prewar determining if DI is way off or not.
6. May only tech rush 5% of the number of thechs I am researching. IE i can only go with the lowest level techs I can research with the exception of 1 for every 20 things I research.
I have messed with DI quite a bit in the past few days, so I know basically what I want to do the first couple of years.
First thing I want to do is get rid of as many of the penalties you start with by decisions and laws, so I can to build up as I want.
Second, I want to lower my neutrality to 65 while keeping my unity above 70 so I can get the best prewar laws.
Third will be to research like crazy to catch upto and hopefully pass the other nations.
Fourth, Whenever I am hit with disscent I must make an effort to lower it at a reasonable rate.
So my next main post will have pics and actually be play and not describing my idea for this AAR. Please post any recommend ideas, rules or whateverry you might want to add.