• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(144851)

Sergeant
3 Badges
Jun 28, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Recently I've been trying to get Frederick II on the throne of the HRE starting with the 3rd crusade. Obviously playing as the HRE and starting as Barbarossa isn't very hard if you get enough years out of him to ensure not every1 hates your heir. Anyway on the third crusade starting point, Barbarossa's son Heinrich (Emperor Heinrich VI historically, and listed as such) is already married to his historical wife yet they NEVER seem to have their historical son Emperor Frederick II which screws up my dynasty planning and is just annoying because Frederick II was probably the peak of the middle ages HRE (he is lined up to inherit the kingdom of Sicily appropriately) , definitely the smartest Monarch of his era and perhaps the entire middle ages yet if I do ever get him he probably won't have high stats which would just be historically inaccurate- and, of course, not good for my game ;)

unfortunately his mother was 11 years older than his father and was 40 when he was born so with the game mechanics any negative fertility traits on either parent and this self indulgent run to inherit Sicily becomes pointless. I'm considering modding in his birth and traits to my saved game for fun but I don't know how to do that. Anyone here know if its possible to mod characters into the game and if so how I would go about doing that?

Recently I've been trying to get Frederick II on the throne of the HRE starting with the 3rd crusade. Obviously playing as the HRE and starting as Barbarossa isn't very hard if you get enough years out of him to ensure not every1 hates your heir. Anyway on the third crusade starting point, Barbarossa's son Heinrich (Emperor Heinrich VI historically, and listed as such) is already married to his historical wife yet they NEVER seem to have their historical son Emperor Frederick II which screws up my dynasty planning and is just annoying because Frederick II was probably the peak of the middle ages HRE (he is lined up to inherit the kingdom of Sicily appropriately) , definitely the smartest Monarch of his era and perhaps the entire middle ages yet if I do ever get him he probably won't have high stats which would just be historically inaccurate- and, of course, not good for my game ;)

unfortunately his mother was 11 years older than his father and was 40 when he was born so with the game mechanics any negative fertility traits on either parent and this self indulgent run to inherit Sicily becomes pointless. I'm considering modding in his birth and traits to my saved game for fun but I don't know how to do that. Anyone here know if its possible to mod characters into the game and if so how I would go about doing that?
historical characters and such only happen at the start of the start date.
in short, once you start a game, everything is no longer historical and is determined solely by the game.

if you really want to play as his son Heinrich, then start playing at the time he was born (more or less). That way, he has already been defined in the history files, and already "exists".