+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Historical characters not EVER coming about

Historical characters not EVER coming about

Recently I've been trying to get Frederick II on the throne of the HRE starting with the 3rd crusade. Obviously playing as the HRE and starting as Barbarossa isn't very hard if you get enough years out of him to ensure not every1 hates your heir. Anyway on the third crusade starting point, Barbarossa's son Heinrich (Emperor Heinrich VI historically, and listed as such) is already married to his historical wife yet they NEVER seem to have their historical son Emperor Frederick II which screws up my dynasty planning and is just annoying because Frederick II was probably the peak of the middle ages HRE (he is lined up to inherit the kingdom of Sicily appropriately) , definitely the smartest Monarch of his era and perhaps the entire middle ages yet if I do ever get him he probably won't have high stats which would just be historically inaccurate- and, of course, not good for my game

unfortunately his mother was 11 years older than his father and was 40 when he was born so with the game mechanics any negative fertility traits on either parent and this self indulgent run to inherit Sicily becomes pointless. I'm considering modding in his birth and traits to my saved game for fun but I don't know how to do that. Anyone here know if its possible to mod characters into the game and if so how I would go about doing that?

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mboettcher View Post
    Recently I've been trying to get Frederick II on the throne of the HRE starting with the 3rd crusade. Obviously playing as the HRE and starting as Barbarossa isn't very hard if you get enough years out of him to ensure not every1 hates your heir. Anyway on the third crusade starting point, Barbarossa's son Heinrich (Emperor Heinrich VI historically, and listed as such) is already married to his historical wife yet they NEVER seem to have their historical son Emperor Frederick II which screws up my dynasty planning and is just annoying because Frederick II was probably the peak of the middle ages HRE (he is lined up to inherit the kingdom of Sicily appropriately) , definitely the smartest Monarch of his era and perhaps the entire middle ages yet if I do ever get him he probably won't have high stats which would just be historically inaccurate- and, of course, not good for my game

unfortunately his mother was 11 years older than his father and was 40 when he was born so with the game mechanics any negative fertility traits on either parent and this self indulgent run to inherit Sicily becomes pointless. I'm considering modding in his birth and traits to my saved game for fun but I don't know how to do that. Anyone here know if its possible to mod characters into the game and if so how I would go about doing that?
    historical characters and such only happen at the start of the start date.
    in short, once you start a game, everything is no longer historical and is determined solely by the game.

if you really want to play as his son Heinrich, then start playing at the time he was born (more or less). That way, he has already been defined in the history files, and already "exists".
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - RESUMED]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

+ Reply to Thread