• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there ETA for the next patch?...

Nope none at all. Besides, I have a feeling that most people who have bought this game day 1 have already moved on to something else either completely or just putting the game to rest for....well a long time. Who knows when the patch will be released....but then I have a feeling it's probably going to be only noticed by the minority here (the hardcore players or fans) that still somewhat play this game, despite all the things that can potentially rob you of your enjoyment, i.e. destack problem causing slowdowns.

While Deadeye has absolutely know insight into studio development (I'm not sure how he's managed to reach all these fascinating conclusions) he is correct that no ETA has been given. We don't generally give the ETA until it is very close, it is too easy for ETAs to change and cause us to get all the "but you said X" posts. There are actually lots of ppl still playing the game, including some MP match ups, and lots of activity on our development forum. The development cycle for this project has not yet ended, we are still working on it.

While Deadeye has absolutely know insight into studio development (I'm not sure how he's managed to reach all these fascinating conclusions) he is correct that no ETA has been given. We don't generally give the ETA until it is very close, it is too easy for ETAs to change and cause us to get all the "but you said X" posts. There are actually lots of ppl still playing the game, including some MP match ups, and lots of activity on our development forum. The development cycle for this project has not yet ended, we are still working on it.

I've never claimed to have had any studio insight into your development methods or procedures. I am merely expressing my views as a customer who bought your product to another fellow customer who also bought your product, nothing more nothing less. If my statements may not be as flowery as you'd like them to be, then that is explicitly my sentiment and may not reflect anyone else's in the same way. If there are "lots" of players playing the game, then all power to them, doesn't mean that you should just stick your ears to catch their winds of good news and praise but also to those who at this point are still somewhat here and interested in your games despite some negative experiences, though they latter I'm sure is a lot more difficult to do than the former, no doubt.

i dont think that when we ask for the patch so badly is a negative talk....we all love the game and we just want it more and more perfect...ok sometimes we run out of patience thats true but nothing negative...thats my thought... :)

Well I have ran out of patience and find this game very frustrating in its current form so am moving on now. This whole keep quiet on the patch thing is just poor customer service IMHO. Of course you dont give dates etc, but you can at least give a idea of what is working what is not working, what can be fixed and what cannot be fixed. Im sorry but the whole " we dont wont to give out info as it could be misconstrued as false promises" line is just a decoy for slow patch releases and sloppy work to start with when launching the game for sale.

It is like you wanna leave us to discover the problems before you even attempt to address them and lets not forget it has been 5 months since last patch and there is still a major stacking issue causing slowdown in the game as it stands now yet alone other major issues. I am sure you could have released something bye now but my guess is your gonna try and convice the majority that other things will be in the patch and it is a major overhaul blah blah blah. 3 months from now you will release a minor patch and the major issues will still not be addressed. Sour grapes I know but am I wrong ??? well see :rofl::rofl:.

I agree with goulash. This is not how you should treat your customers.

Also what's with the obsession to build some major patch, that hopefully fix everything at once, and takes eternity to develope? Just fix one issue at the time in priority order, and release a small patch. Then let us know what you are going to do next, that we know that you are actually doing something. If you do it in smaller pieces, you could even give some rough ETA. And lets be honest, those "you said X" -posts are much better PR than "I'd need a K supercomputer to play this game, and no information about patch" -posts...Harsh words, I know, but I'm losing my faith with this game too.

EDIT: They have a new patch soon. I'm not pleased with the time it took, but am excited to see how it turns out.

Last edited:
unfortunaly i have to agree, too. i really like this game, as i do like supreme ruler 2020. but its really annoying building up something in this game for a few hours and then just see that the game takes ages to continue. its so frustrating. im not saying i will quit playing it, but i am always again disappointed after playing a new session... not the best of feeling a gaming company should want their customers to have playing their games.