• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pioniere

Field Marshal
17 Badges
May 29, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
If I like EU3 and sometimes playing japan in hoi2. I might like this game right?

Can you take on Korea with Japan unified if thats possible in this game?

The game is restricted to Japan only, so no forays into Korea (for now, at least). I've played EU3, EU: Rome, Sengoku, and Crusader Kings-- I'd have to say this game feels most like a blend of EU3 and Crusader Kings. There's a strong focus on warfare and conquest along with managing your vassals and family. The overall scope is pretty limited for a Paradox game but there's still a lot of nuance and replayability to be found. If you're looking for the same complexity as the two games you mentioned then you may find Sengoku somewhat lacking. On the other hand, the struggle to progress your character from the lowest rung within a clan to the heights of becoming Shogun by any means necessary can be quite challenging and fun.

Oh hi Pioniere, nice to see you interested in Sengoku.

Vanilla game is really straightforward with not as much dept as one would want - luckily we have a great mod (in the making but you can already play it) which extends game elements a lot.