+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sengoku some questions

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold500k club

Question Sengoku some questions

If I like EU3 and sometimes playing japan in hoi2. I might like this game right?

Can you take on Korea with Japan unified if thats possible in this game?
    Firmly loaded with Saxon/Aztec fighting spirit!
    "I will find a way, or I will make one" Hannibal!
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. Henry the V

AoD development team.

The game is restricted to Japan only, so no forays into Korea (for now, at least). I've played EU3, EU: Rome, Sengoku, and Crusader Kings-- I'd have to say this game feels most like a blend of EU3 and Crusader Kings. There's a strong focus on warfare and conquest along with managing your vassals and family. The overall scope is pretty limited for a Paradox game but there's still a lot of nuance and replayability to be found. If you're looking for the same complexity as the two games you mentioned then you may find Sengoku somewhat lacking. On the other hand, the struggle to progress your character from the lowest rung within a clan to the heights of becoming Shogun by any means necessary can be quite challenging and fun.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Oh hi Pioniere, nice to see you interested in Sengoku.

Vanilla game is really straightforward with not as much dept as one would want - luckily we have a great mod (in the making but you can already play it) which extends game elements a lot.
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

+ Reply to Thread