+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No players? :(

No players? :(

Hello,

anybody playing game? Was in game last night, today afternoon and now and 0 players all the time. Hope that over weekend some servers will be full. Also i have one question, when i start game in upper right corner says not connected. What that means?

There was a dozens of players on the FFA server last sunday evening (and a few others on skirmish) but I think most buyers are waiting for the patch before playing again.

I really want to like this game and play it, but... This is just unplayable. It's hardly even a game yet, just a tech demo
    Fans (where have they gone, btw?) may fool themselves as much as they want, telling everyone that "it's buggy, but fun", the player cout speaks for itsels.

I'm not raging about wasting 10 bucks or anything, just hope that Dan will keep his word and make Gettysburg successful.
    Though it will be hard to get players back without discounts and a free weekend now.
    Last edited by Hetz; 06-04-2012 at 03:08.

Well, first patch is coming Friday addressing the control remapping, mouse sensitivity, sniper scopes,many other issues.

Patches will follow every Friday after that.

- Dan
    Danny Green
    President & Lead Programmer
    Radioactive-Software, LLC. http://www.radioactive-software.com

That`s nice to hear. And could you answer to this question - when i start game in upper right corner says not connected. What that means?

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen02 View Post
    Well, first patch is coming Friday addressing the control remapping, mouse sensitivity, sniper scopes,many other issues.

Patches will follow every Friday after that.

- Dan
    Good luck to you. It must be hard to see years of hard work jeopardized by the rash release.
    Shame on Paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by chsignal View Post
    That`s nice to hear. And could you answer to this question - when i start game in upper right corner says not connected. What that means?
    I have the "not connected" thing too.
    I suppose it means that you are not connected to any server yet. It's ok.

I don't know whose decision was to launch the game aparently unfinished, but it was a bad one. I still haven't bought it for that reason, that is the bad comments and bad marketing in general that the title is having. I suppose it has to be very difficult to do a game by one person, and that there is a lot of effort behind it, so it makes it even worse. It is a shame that so much effort and work won't be refunded as it should just because the game is launched unfinished, giving it such a bad publicity that it will be hard to counteract, if it is possible.

I hope that one day the game will be properly finished, but by then it will be necessary to make the people forget about bad reviews and comments, and just trust in the game, which won't be easy.

Good luck with everything and I hope it goes all well. Sorry if my english is not good enough, but it's not my native language.

As I've said before there are many factors at play when deciding the release date for a game. I'm working as hard as I can to make sure the game ends up being what we all want it to be.

- Dan
    Danny Green

Same here. I never been a fan of this game, but i thought it deserve support and spent 10€ happily. Still, i will wait for a complete release (with a related discount on steam) to come back, when the game will reach the critical mass.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of Nations500k club

Is there a windowed mode? It is hard to fire up a full window game.
    What I very much liked about the few minutes I have played, is that one round can be played in 15 or so minutes. I feel this is extremely important. I can surely be online and focusing for that much time, much longer is a no-no.
    Game Developer East vs West - Softcoding Team / Research Apps. / The Map 1
    Arsenal of Democracy Technical Team Mod2
    Hungarian leaders for HoI2 3 / Hungarian Improvement for HoI34

Quote Originally Posted by kunadam View Post
    Is there a windowed mode? It is hard to fire up a full window game.
    What I very much liked about the few minutes I have played, is that one round can be played in 15 or so minutes. I feel this is extremely important. I can surely be online and focusing for that much time, much longer is a no-no.
    Yes sir, just uncheck the Fullscreen option in the Video options menu....then I'd recommend restarting the game for maximum stability.

- Dan
    Danny Green

+ Reply to Thread