+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Throwing Weapons

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    They also chucked boiling water, and apparently even hot sand!
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    They also chucked boiling water, and apparently even hot sand!

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    Somehow people that train can hit blade end first all the time - not sure how.

Peasants with throwing stones? We don't know the 'leveling system' yet so maybe people can go strait to knights, who knows.
    Blasphemy! Peasants of noble birth? I fail to see the humour in that. You're not of those humanist teatotallers who believes in the benefits of a meritocracy, are you Baynard?
    All they should be restricted to is collecting arrows from the battlefield, dragging corpses out of sight so nobles such as ourselves don't suffer too much from lag, keeping track of kills and distributing refreshing beverages between battles.
    "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." Oscar Wilde

EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Blog Entries
    Correct you are Orchid, correct you are. Have some cake.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid101 View Post
    Blasphemy! Peasants of noble birth? I fail to see the humour in that. You're not of those humanist teatotallers who believes in the benefits of a meritocracy, are you Baynard?
    All they should be restricted to is collecting arrows from the battlefield, dragging corpses out of sight so nobles such as ourselves don't suffer too much from lag, keeping track of kills and distributing refreshing beverages between battles.
    Welcome to England post-black plague ... unfortunatly after the loss of a lot of people of England in the dark age black plague a lot of traders began to make a great living, towns became a little more consolidated and fudalism was on the way out with too much upper class and not enough lower class.

After the 100 years war you start to see a drop of upper classes on the field primarily after the war of the roses ... mainly due to wool traders and various other traders as more good in england become available, people able to buy themselves riches and get noticed by the populace to become mayors and high class. When you hit the stuarts and charles II you start to notice more lower class becoming middle and eventually upper class in 1 life time and not 3-4 generations of people ... for example Oliver cromwell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell ... and Mr John Cadbury http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cadbury ... who we know now as "Cadbury's Chocolates".

Everyone starts somewhere in Feudalism and its breaks shortly after the 1600's.

With the game i'd see it as playing different characters or if you start of as a kind of "Yeomanry" or "Man at Arms" it would be feasible to get to a Knight. Men at Arms were basically the professional soldiers, the permanant people always there ready to fight effcienctly, I wouldn't think it too uncommon for those men to get into knighthood or higher up into the "Gentry" of the time.

Awwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Mårten Stormdal
    No, we will not have any throwing weapons at launch.
    - Source
    Last edited by ProjectAngel; 11-05-2012 at 19:07.

Blog Entries
    I like the way they keep saying 'at launch' - it adds so much anticipation for DLC's.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

If they decide to add throwing weapons later in a DLC or expansion I'd hope that they add a historical scenario for using the weapons that otherwise wouldn't fit into 15th century England (throwing axes and javelins to name a few). Failing this I think it would be a good idea if the ammo is severely limited, in this respect the Mount and Blade warband mod "vikingr" is quite fun. The lack of ammo stops people spamming them but still leaves them with a handy reserve weapon.

Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

dedicated throwing weapons? please, don't do it, I beg you....

however, the fan of realism I am, throwing your (broken?) weapon as a last resort would be a cool option. There's always the rule, never throw your weapon if you don't have a spare one, but hey, throwing a few pounds of steel against someones nose might just stun him for a second, giving you the time to run and hide, and if god's light shines upon your soul, maybe find a new weapon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3