• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(472506)

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
I only got CK2 yesterday, so still figuring alot of stuff out. i'm an irish duke and have about 7 daughters and no sons. I need to marry my eldest off soon as she is now 16, however i'm worried that whoever she marries will end up taking my territory from me. Will that happen? and if so, whats the best way to avoid it???

many thanks for any input.

i'm worried that whoever she marries will end up taking my territory from me.

True that. but it'll most likely be their heirs that will do that IF your daughter has a claim. You'll benefit from an alliance in the mean time.

Talking about marriage, it'll benefit you to checkout Alexspeed's marriage guide.

Tempestra: Memorizing the spelling and pronounciation of legal terms that have become essentially obsolete centuries ago can be hard, y'know. ;)
Everyone now: "dee-main!"

Tempestra: Memorizing the spelling and pronounciation of legal terms that have become essentially obsolete centuries ago can be hard, y'know. ;)
Everyone now: "dee-main!"

Especially when you see them spelled correctly in a game that you play on a regular basis! That's got to make it a real pain.

Whose irony radar is off now, Tempestra? Yours or mine? I'm unsure.
@jonlucero: To my ears, "matrilineal" and "matrimonial" sound quite different from each other.