• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Biges

Lt. General
18 Badges
May 10, 2005
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
This is not so astonishing idea, but it would be nice to have a button to send money to a country. Just to help them a bit. And I don't mean war subsidies, that's not the same thing.

Could be useful. Particularly in MP, but also for propping up countries you want stable and strong.
+1

In MP there a lot of things that would be very helpful, like the money transfer and the land transfer (or sell).

i like the idea, and in generall i would love for more diplomacy options expeditionary troops and so on.. If they had more of diplo options it would actually been possible to see smaller states like Portugal, Belgium and so forth having and impact on the colonization and generall power politics in VIC :)

Giving special treatment in the acquisition of "cheap loans" as diplomatic gifts would also be nice. I agree that in an age where diplomacy was so important and the modern diplomacy was born, there should a more consistent and strong diplomatic system.

Cheap loans were often used in the period to improve relations (such as the French loans to Russia, which were granted in order to secure the military alliance between the two countries).

While we're on the subject of diplomatic actions: Why can't I buy/sell land freely? It could be ridicilously expensive and limited to overseas holdings, I wouldn't mind. I want the possibility of peaceful expansion and getting rid of unprofitable colonies.

*urges Paradox to consider a new expansion* Something that focuses on diplomacy. Implementing some or all of the diplomacy features EU3 has would really improve the game.

Aren't there war loans? Or am I confusing that with EU3 again?

There are War Subsidiaries, but they are not of great use. I mean, you can only give them to nations who are at war and the amount depends on how many brigades they are fielding.

It'd really be epic combing EU3's features such as loans, guarantee’s, warnings, province selling and royal marriages with Vicky2's Spheres of Influence, increase opinion, and other such features.

*urges Paradox to consider a new expansion* Something that focuses on diplomacy.

+1.

If there is to be another expansion I would love to see it be focused on diplomacy. Seeing as the game is supposed to be more about diplomacy I find that combat & warfare always dominate games. I know war was a big part but I would like to see more in-depth diplomacy to add another facet to the game.

Victoria 2 could seriously use these options, it would greatly enhance the multiplayer experience. To be honest just the lack of these small features in Vicky 2 have kept my friends and I from playing this multiplayer. We stick to Vicky 1. This is generally because our Vicky games, especially the bigger ones with 4+ players involve tons of wheeling and dealing and warfare involving big changeovers of land and cash and we can't imagine a multiplayer Vicky game without it!

From what I gather paradox removed give money/land features to prevent abuse against the AI, but I feel they are greatly missed in MP games.

+1.

If there is to be another expansion I would love to see it be focused on diplomacy. Seeing as the game is supposed to be more about diplomacy I find that combat & warfare always dominate games. I know war was a big part but I would like to see more in-depth diplomacy to add another facet to the game.
Pardon me for being a downer but encouraging Paradox to charge actual money for introducing basic diplomacy features really isn't the direction I imagined Paradox would be taking development-wise.