+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Idea] Send money

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Lightbulb [Idea] Send money

This is not so astonishing idea, but it would be nice to have a button to send money to a country. Just to help them a bit. And I don't mean war subsidies, that's not the same thing.
    Nationality: Czech
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Anarcho-Liberal
    Issues: Laissez Faire/Full Citizenship
    Cash Reserves: Rising
    Militancy: 4 (-0.01)
    Consciousness: 9 (+0.10)

Could be useful. Particularly in MP, but also for propping up countries you want stable and strong.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Overall there needs to be more diplomacy options, this being one of them. I liked EU3's diplomacy options a lot, and would like to see much of it integrated into V2.

yep sending money would be cool i never see usa buy alaska anymore in ahd

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by IronVanguard View Post
    Could be useful. Particularly in MP, but also for propping up countries you want stable and strong.
    +1

In MP there a lot of things that would be very helpful, like the money transfer and the land transfer (or sell).

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by IronVanguard View Post
    for propping up countries you want stable and strong.
    This, I would like this option. I'm guessing this kind of thing went on in the games time-period?

Um, central bank loans anyone?

Yes but thats not the same as giving money to prop up a state of your choosing. I think O.P means giving, not loaning.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

i like the idea, and in generall i would love for more diplomacy options expeditionary troops and so on.. If they had more of diplo options it would actually been possible to see smaller states like Portugal, Belgium and so forth having and impact on the colonization and generall power politics in VIC

Central bank loans can't be controlled; you can't choose who to give them too. And also they are loans, a large difference from gifts.

Second Lieutenant Sir Leningrad's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Giving special treatment in the acquisition of "cheap loans" as diplomatic gifts would also be nice. I agree that in an age where diplomacy was so important and the modern diplomacy was born, there should a more consistent and strong diplomatic system.
    Common sense is the less common of the senses.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Cheap loans were often used in the period to improve relations (such as the French loans to Russia, which were granted in order to secure the military alliance between the two countries).
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

While we're on the subject of diplomatic actions: Why can't I buy/sell land freely? It could be ridicilously expensive and limited to overseas holdings, I wouldn't mind. I want the possibility of peaceful expansion and getting rid of unprofitable colonies.
    Bra där.

*urges Paradox to consider a new expansion* Something that focuses on diplomacy. Implementing some or all of the diplomacy features EU3 has would really improve the game.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Aren't there war loans? Or am I confusing that with EU3 again?
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

There are War Subsidiaries, but they are not of great use. I mean, you can only give them to nations who are at war and the amount depends on how many brigades they are fielding.

It'd really be epic combing EU3's features such as loans, guarantee’s, warnings, province selling and royal marriages with Vicky2's Spheres of Influence, increase opinion, and other such features.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    *urges Paradox to consider a new expansion* Something that focuses on diplomacy.
    +1.

If there is to be another expansion I would love to see it be focused on diplomacy. Seeing as the game is supposed to be more about diplomacy I find that combat & warfare always dominate games. I know war was a big part but I would like to see more in-depth diplomacy to add another facet to the game.

Victoria 2 could seriously use these options, it would greatly enhance the multiplayer experience. To be honest just the lack of these small features in Vicky 2 have kept my friends and I from playing this multiplayer. We stick to Vicky 1. This is generally because our Vicky games, especially the bigger ones with 4+ players involve tons of wheeling and dealing and warfare involving big changeovers of land and cash and we can't imagine a multiplayer Vicky game without it!

From what I gather paradox removed give money/land features to prevent abuse against the AI, but I feel they are greatly missed in MP games.

Quote Originally Posted by synyster31 View Post
    +1.

If there is to be another expansion I would love to see it be focused on diplomacy. Seeing as the game is supposed to be more about diplomacy I find that combat & warfare always dominate games. I know war was a big part but I would like to see more in-depth diplomacy to add another facet to the game.
    Pardon me for being a downer but encouraging Paradox to charge actual money for introducing basic diplomacy features really isn't the direction I imagined Paradox would be taking development-wise.

I personally would like more diplomatic and economic options and improvements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast