• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When you can answer a friend's AP European History questions based solely off your memory of the starting situations at 1836 (applies to EU3 as well, but at 1399)

hmm.... I can't think of any really good ones off the top of my head... V2 is more of a jumping off point for me I guess.

Oh, I understand. It's like what another poster said: I spend lots of time on Wikipedia as a result, and that has helped me(I actually took AP Euro and World last year, before I discovered Victoria II).

You care that your people be educated but do not care if you send them to die in a large war.

You meet a guy from China and you ask if he is Nanfaren or Beifaren.

You meet a guy from some strange area in Africa and you assume he is of African Minor descent.

You meet a guy from Africa and you want to know if he is from a rubber producing province or if he is a soldier. Otherwise, you have no interest in him.

Some of this is also a good combination of Victoria 2 and Wikipedia, wich leads me to the last point:
*You spend the the same amount of time on Wikipedia researching the stuff you played through in Victoria 2, as you spent on Victoria 2 in the first place.

This.

I knew every component nation of the Austro-Hungarian empire as a direct result of starting a game as them. Austria and Hungary were obvious, but I hadn't known about Bohemia or Croatia being part of it before.
Also, I knew which family ruled France in 1399, and of the existence of various minor states in Medieval Europe. And that Switzerland has evidently been a republic for a while, which was surprising.

Other things were less useful, such as the fact that evidently the British assassinated every member of the Continental Congress a year into the Revolutionary War, Tibet and Northern China are evidently part of India according to Victorian geographers, and Miskatonic University is real, but only if New England declares independence. So yeah, kind of hit or miss :)

Each time I see someone write ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, respectively) I first assume that they misspelt AHD (A House Divided) and that their problems stems from playing too much V2.

-

- When you begin explaining Victoria 2 game mechanics to your family.

-

I do this, with friends too. They don't believe me, or, rather, the look on their face that such a game is possible is one of disbelief!

Ahem... when you're building your grocery list and instead of itemizing you just write "canned food."

You've heard of Serbia, Wallachia, and Moldavia, but would like somebody to explain to you exactly what Croatia, Bosnia, or Yugoslavia are. When somebody does, you say, "Oh, well, I remember now, Yugoslavia is the name of the big Serbian empire."

What happens next really depends on the ethnicity of the people you said that in front of...