+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You know you've been playing too much Victoria II when...

*You think that the Prussian army could invade Siam at any time

*You aren't aware of the existence of Denmark

*You demand that Austria-Hungary be put back on the map

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

*You randomly sing the Austro-Hungarian Anthem

You wonder why the North Germans ever freed Mexico!
    Communist Mecklenburg, true to our comrades!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by lol887 View Post
    * When you know the world map of 1836 by heart, and most people barely know the world map in 2012.
    Technically, the Vic II map is not completely historically accurate...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

When you can answer a friend's AP European History questions based solely off your memory of the starting situations at 1836 (applies to EU3 as well, but at 1399)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by StLeibowitz View Post
    When you can answer a friend's AP European History questions based solely off your memory of the starting situations at 1836 (applies to EU3 as well, but at 1399)
    Example?

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Example?
    I just got 800's on two practice SAT subject tests for world history and I owe it all to paradox and wikipedia.
    P. K. Vos, colonial financier and "war hero" in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by cavebear3000 View Post
    I just got 800's on two practice SAT subject tests for world history and I owe it all to paradox and wikipedia.
    lol, I meant an example of questions you were able to answer.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

lol, I meant an example of questions you were able to answer.
    hmm.... I can't think of any really good ones off the top of my head... V2 is more of a jumping off point for me I guess.
    P. K. Vos, colonial financier and "war hero" in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by cavebear3000 View Post
    hmm.... I can't think of any really good ones off the top of my head... V2 is more of a jumping off point for me I guess.
    Oh, I understand. It's like what another poster said: I spend lots of time on Wikipedia as a result, and that has helped me(I actually took AP Euro and World last year, before I discovered Victoria II).

You care that your people be educated but do not care if you send them to die in a large war.

You meet a guy from China and you ask if he is Nanfaren or Beifaren.

You meet a guy from some strange area in Africa and you assume he is of African Minor descent.

You meet a guy from Africa and you want to know if he is from a rubber producing province or if he is a soldier. Otherwise, you have no interest in him.
    Blood and Iron -- A Fast Road to Greater Germany

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...5#post13593975

You wonder why South America has been so peaceful lately.

Quote Originally Posted by lol887 View Post
    Some of this is also a good combination of Victoria 2 and Wikipedia, wich leads me to the last point:
    *You spend the the same amount of time on Wikipedia researching the stuff you played through in Victoria 2, as you spent on Victoria 2 in the first place.
    This.

You are convinced that the US Civil War was won by Robert E Lee during the Battle of Atlanta.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Example?
    I knew every component nation of the Austro-Hungarian empire as a direct result of starting a game as them. Austria and Hungary were obvious, but I hadn't known about Bohemia or Croatia being part of it before.
    Also, I knew which family ruled France in 1399, and of the existence of various minor states in Medieval Europe. And that Switzerland has evidently been a republic for a while, which was surprising.

Other things were less useful, such as the fact that evidently the British assassinated every member of the Continental Congress a year into the Revolutionary War, Tibet and Northern China are evidently part of India according to Victorian geographers, and Miskatonic University is real, but only if New England declares independence. So yeah, kind of hit or miss

Quote Originally Posted by StLeibowitz View Post
    the British assassinated every member of the Continental Congress a year into the Revolutionary War)
    Wait, where did this come from? Are you talking about the mod that starts in the early 1700s?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Each time I see someone write ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, respectively) I first assume that they misspelt AHD (A House Divided) and that their problems stems from playing too much V2.
    Are medals that important to you? - Jayavarman
    Nationality: World Citizen, Religion: -, Ideology: Anarcho-Syndicalist, Issues: Full Citizenship / Pacifism, Current Work: Student, Militancy: 8 (+ 0.74), Consciousness: 10 (+0.53), Revolt Risk: 15%

You wonder why Belgium isn't a GP anymore.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    -

- When you begin explaining Victoria 2 game mechanics to your family.

-
    I do this, with friends too. They don't believe me, or, rather, the look on their face that such a game is possible is one of disbelief!

Ahem... when you're building your grocery list and instead of itemizing you just write "canned food."

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You've heard of Serbia, Wallachia, and Moldavia, but would like somebody to explain to you exactly what Croatia, Bosnia, or Yugoslavia are. When somebody does, you say, "Oh, well, I remember now, Yugoslavia is the name of the big Serbian empire."

What happens next really depends on the ethnicity of the people you said that in front of...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast