• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(404543)

Private
1 Badges
Nov 2, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars II
So what can we expect from Paradox this time.

I bought Stronghold ..(Nightmare) ... Then pre ordered Sword of the Stars 2 ..(still broken) ..then King Arther 2 ..(Bug infested game of note)...

I will not be pre-ording this game.. instead i will be waiting for other sods to give feedback on how broken the game is and wait another 3 months for the first several patches to make the game playble before buying it.

...and i realy hope that they plan on doing somthing about the Graphics. I meen i still have Janes Fleet Command, gosh wich is like 10 years old or somthing and this game looks like its using the same graphics engine.

I will wait for the reports to come in on this game before i buy it! :ninja:

I can understand where your frustration is coming from, Felconian, but we have nothing to do with the developers who made the games you are listing. We are an independent game developer who uses Paradox Interactive as our publishing partner.

As for stability, a number of beta testers frequent this forum, and can probably give you some feedback.

We enjoy that this forum has a friendly and constructive atmosphere, unlike many other gamer forums in this world, and we would appreciate your effort in helping to keep it that way.

Your right ... I should not paint you with the same brush! However i got my fingers burnt a few times and i will be taking a wait and see approch!

Also the graphics, could you post some hi ress images which we can expect to see on a decent PC system.

Totally understandable.

This is a game that uses processor cycles for its detailed simulation and AI, but we're trying to do what we can to get the graphics decent.

Even better than still images: moving pictures: This action trailer was made exclusively by in-game footage a few builds before the release version.

[video=youtube;dVXe9Da6Mb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dVXe9Da6Mb8[/video]

If you remember Fleet Command as anything like that, I don't think we're talking about the same game. :)

Hey Felconian :)

I admit, I know that feel, especially having played Hearts of Iron III
icon_lol.gif

However, other testers will agree with me when I say that NWAC is a shockingly stable game, even in pre-release Beta. I don't recall there ever being any real errors or glitches, other than a few little features the devs had yet to add in.

Also, people mention that the graphics are disappointing, but from the most recent trailer they seem perfectly acceptable. Let's be honest, the 3D visuals are not important to the game anyway: they don't help you play it. All they do is give you a sense of what is happening in the physical world, rather than on a 2D interface which can alienate your mind.

What people pick up on less is the pretty excellent user interface (UI) that the devs have managed to pull off. It makes pretty much everything a two/three-click doddle.

Felconian, from one gamer to another, you have nought to fear. In the truest sense, the only excuse for 'losing' NWAC is being a bloody awful naval commander, and even then the manual and tutorials should give you a fighting chance :p

P.S. Jan, thank god you didn't implement 'radio talk' in NWAC. That video does my head in xD

P.S.S. That said, it would be awesome if in the next version of the game, you did what Fleet Command did with aircraft on carrier decks. see 12:00+ :)

Last edited:
Also a tester, and purchaser of HoI3 :) I am here to say, you will not be disappointed with a day one purchase. I do understand caution, but here we have a new kind of animal. The 'actually ready to launch at launch' type of game, rare as it is. If you still choose to wait, the reviews shortly after will certainly change your mind!

General Baker, that sounds very promissing. To be honest, I would be perfectly happy if the game had no 3D at all and would only consist of the map :D I don't expect much graphics from such rare games. They just have to have a nice 2D map and a good interface. Especially for that low price!

Last edited:
I say everyone not sure about it (like me) should wait for the Demo to get a first grip of this beast. Nevertheless I`m very curious.

As for the graphics, look at the top comment on the YouTube video. That's me. (mentalblock98)

I see your point but, on the other hand, as soon as you decide to implement 3D-graphics at all you enter the competition and comparisons are valid. And I think it is okay to say that the graphics DO look old.

As for stability, a number of beta testers frequent this forum, and can probably give you some feedback.

Actually according to NDA I can't.

I can say that unlike for example SOTS2, it seems that the developers did not set over ambitious goals and the result in polishing is noticeable. (I believe being that vague does not violate the NDA)