• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the current one. Gives it a nice feel, distinct from the Russian Federation. Also, from Wiki:

[The gold-black-white] flag been used as a de-facto flag to represent Russia since the end of the 17th century.

They are the pan slavic colours? What about France, UK, USA, Netherlands?
Technically speaking, the Netherlands was orange. Red was used as a default colour since orange wasn't stable and became just plain ugly.
Still, I understand and acknowledge your point! :)

It is the Russian flag if Reactionary Rebels win.

Don't ask how I know this.
The red-white-blue flag for RUS is used for Presidential Dictatorship and Bourgeois Dictatorship. I changed it so that Democracy also uses it in my game.

According to wiki, the in game flag was the official flag of the Russian Empire from 1858 to 1883. The red, white and blue flag wasn't permitted for official use on land until 1883, and wasn't made an official state flag until 1896.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Russia#History

They are the pan slavic colours? What about France, UK, USA, Netherlands?

coincidental with france uk and usa - russian flag was based on dutch flag - russian flag then inspired pan-slavic flag

the colors come from the pan slavic flag which is blue-white-red (yugoslavia would later choose to use this flag) was first chosen during the 1848 pan-slavic congress in Prague and was based on the russian flag (white, blue, red) because they were the only free slavic country - russians got their flag from peter the great admiring Holland (peter the great loved ships and the dutch were a great maritime power) and so he based his naval/merchant ensign on the dutch flag and with all those russian ships flying it it eventually ended up as the russian national flag

in 19th century the russian royalty had the white-gold-black flag but it was only flown over imperial residences i believe and was rarely if ever seen outside that context, the white-blue-red was popular amongst everyday use and was widely used

pan slavic colors are still used today by the flags of croatia, slovenia, serbia, czech rep., slovakia, and of course the russian federation (and autonomous Crimea in ukraine and several republics within the russian federation), the colors were also used historically in some polish revolutionary flags during the various uprisings in the 19th century

so with all that said flag op posted should be the default one in game imo

It is the Russian flag if Reactionary Rebels win.

Don't ask how I know this.
i think it should be opposite, the black-gold-white for reactionaries and white-blue-red standard

Last edited:
i think it should be opposite, the black-gold-white for reactionaries and white-blue-red standard
if we take current-Russia as a presidential dictatorship (i personally believe it is), it's flag is fine.