+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help needed for forming kingdom of Jerusalem

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Help needed for forming kingdom of Jerusalem

I'm playing as the Knights, and for that game, I had created a decision, that would let the Knights reestablish Jerusalem. The problem however is, that when I press the decision, nothing happens.

I was wondering that one of the problems with it, might be, that it overlaps/interferes with the release the kingdom of jerusalem decision. Another problem might be, that the ingame tooltip mentions nothing of the change to feudal monarchy, nor does it mention the intentioned capital move.

formkingdomofjerusalem.txt
    Code:
    country_decisions = {

kingdom_of_jerusalem = {
    		potential = {
    			NOT = { exists = KOJ }
    			NOT = { tag = PAP }
    			NOT = { tag = HRE }
    			OR = {
    			culture_group = french
    			culture_group = iberian
    			culture_group = english
    			culture_group = latin
    			culture_group = byzantine
    			}
    			OR = {
    			tag = KNI
    			tag = cyp
    			}
    			religion = catholic

}
    		allow = 
    		{
    			owns = 379
    			379 = { religion = catholic }
    			war = no

}

effect = {
    			prestige = 0.20	
    			centralization_decentralization = -1
    			change_tag = KOJ
    			KOJ = {
    				government = feudal_monarchy
    				add_core = 379		# Judea
    				add_core = 1855         # Sidon
    				capital = 379
    				}	

379 = { culture = THIS }
    			379 = { base_tax = 1 }

}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}

}
    }

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I think government = feudal_monarchy is out of KOJ = { }
    and check your syntax of things
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I think government = feudal_monarchy is out of KOJ = { }
    and check your syntax of things
    moving the "government = feudal_monarchy" and the "capital = 379" out of the KOJ = { } brackets did help making them appear on the tooltip. Which is a bit weird, since I basicly just copied those from the TEU Form Prussian Nation, where they were inside the PRU = { } brackets. But the end result is still the same, nothing happens when I click the decision.

I'm playing a form of 5.2 beta (30th march), albeit with several smaller additions, the colony name change mod for example, if that helps.

EDIT: Well, now I just moved the "jerusalem.txt" (original release Jerusalem txt file) file out from the decisions folder, and my decision worked in-game. Apparently I was right about my decision colliding with my other in some way.

Now I can continue my game, but if someone has a fix to the collide, please feel free to add, but I have a feeling, it's because they are simply named the same.
    Last edited by Kaazmodan; 02-04-2012 at 20:15.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

country_decisions = { kingdom_of_jerusalem = { <------------------ ProblemChange that kingdom_of_jerusalem to jerusalemite_nationNo longer will they collide

That made the decision work, the only problem now, is that the decision is titled jerusalemite_nation_title. Where do I change the title?

Sorry if this seems basic, but I have only edited files before, never introduced completely new ones.

Europa Universalis IV

Neither do i know that.Many nation formation events are shown in localisation as events and therefore i don't know how to make it able for them to have a localisation

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

kingdom_of_jerusalemite_title;Form Jerusalem;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    kingdom_of_jerusalemite_desc;Allow us to retake our rightful place in the holy lands!;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

try dropping these into your localization folder if its called kingdom of jerusalemite

thanks alot for the help. I had to switch the localisation from kingdom_of_jerusalemite_title to jerusalemite_nation_title, as that was what the decision was called. And after trying it out several times, I realised that I had to save the file as .csv, not .xls. But now it works fine, and then I also learned how to create localisation files.

+ Reply to Thread