View Poll Results: Choose your favorite completed AAR from 2011-Q1 2012!

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suenik the Beleaugered

4 10.26%
  • Tales of our Faarthers

1 2.56%
  • Piety of the North Star

4 10.26%
  • Rome AARisen

30 76.92%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 CrusadAAR's Chalice Voting Thread

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

2011 CrusadAAR's Chalice Voting Thread

2011 CrusadAAR's Chalice

The last edition of the CrusadAAR's Chalice for CK1 AARs has started! We have decided to include completed AARs from Q1 2012 as well, for two reasons.
    Firstly, because we only registered two AARs completed in 2011. Secondly, because we wanted two CK1-masterpieces to have a chance at winning a prize: Rome AARisen and Piety of the North Star. These two were completed in Q1 2012.

So, let's get on with it!

The four last CK1 AARs completed and eligible for a CrusadAAR's Chalice are:

Suenik the Beleaugered, by Iain Wilson. Played with Suenik and the Gardman-Aghbania dynasty. A comedy and gameplay AAR.

Tales from our Faarthers, by loki100. Played with Novgorod and the Rurikovich dynasty. Dead Rurikovich rulers reminisce about and are confronted with their (mis)deeds in the afterlife.

Piety of the North Star, by Saithis. Played with Denmark and the Hvide dynasty. An excellent narrative about the Hvide clan's accomplishments between 1066 and 1088.

Rome AARisen, by General_BT. Played with the Byzantine Empire and the Komnenos dynasty. A narrative tale of epic proportions, describing the life and times of the Komnenoi from 1066 to 1399.

Voting lasts until the 30th of April, noon CET. Happy reading and voting!
    Last edited by Qorten; 02-04-2012 at 12:16.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

well, I'm going to go against what I suspect will be the trend and plump for Suenik. It was brilliantly judged, ended at just the right moment and its one of those AARs that you can open at a random page, start reading and really enjoy it for what is there.

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Of all the four, Suenik amused me the most, so I think that'll get my vote.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Saithis, if Piety was longer than twelve years, I might have some doubts. But Rome AARisen it is. Both are fantastic and brilliant (I've not read Suenik or Tales of our faarthers, so I can't comment on those) but Piety's shortness was frustrating. I constantly wanted MOAR of the brilliance. With RomeAARisen, you could have as much as you liked. Plus the graphics were cool.
    Last edited by WelshDude; 06-04-2012 at 14:34.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I believe Rome AARisen has this one in the bag, might as well shut down the poll now guys.

WritAAR of the Week, 5th of March, 2012
    Best Character Writer of the Week, 18th of March, 2012
    Trying to find a way to write a narrative-based AAR without it becoming tedious.

Second Lieutenant JackTheRipper21's Avatar
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

NOOOOO! I haven't voted yet... well I did now. While I liked Tales of our Faathers and Suenik the Beleaguered it was Rome Aarisen that convinced me to buy Crusader Kings and join the Paradox forums so it has my vote.

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    Saithis, if Piety was longer than twelve years, I might have some doubts. But Rome AARisen it is. Both are fantastic and brilliant (I've not read Suenik or Tales of our faarthers, so I can't comment on those) but Piety's shortness was frustrating. I constantly wanted MOAR of the brilliance. With RomeAARisen, you could have as much as you liked. Plus the graphics were cool.
    Totally understood and agreed, honestly, about the shortness. My writing schedule was absolutely terrible and I couldn't keep any kind of pace in my writing so the story just didn't go anywhere. Twenty-one years, technically, is as far as I made it - not far. Rome AARisen was great but I also admit I had troubles following it at times which I didn't with Suenik, thus why it nicked my vote.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Rome deserves it simply as a reward for dedication and consistency, which is really tough to achieve, though all the contenders are very worthy indeed!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Blasted Conniving Roman General_BT's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    It was a very very tough decision for me. I liked both Piety and Suenik (a great deal!), but I ended up deciding on Piety though, as I know the troubles of trying to put together a tight narrative AAR, and Saithis did a wonderful job.
    Awards
    My AARs:
    The Good One - Rome AARisen, a Byzantine AAR (Third map epilogue, 5-02-2012!)
    Table of Contents
    The Funny One (In Theory): Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool (Dead)
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)
    The Teenage Girl One: Dear Diary, by Helene Palialogos (NEW UPDATE 06-10-10!)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    No doubt in my mind, Rome AARisen is a masterpiece.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

When all's said and done, it's got to be Rome AARisen.

I enjoy the other authors' work as well, and am especially a fan of Saithis'.

However I've followed Rome AARisen for most of its long and glorious run, and BT himself has been something of a mentor to me here in AARland as well as a good friend.

Beyond that, his writing has set the standard for what all CK authAARs now aspire to... and that fact deserves recognition in and of itself.

I could not vote otherwise.

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

The last CK1 CrusadAAR's Chalice is finished! As most of us expected, General_BT's magnum opus Rome AARisen has won the trophy with ease. A most worthy successor to Mr. Capiatlist's Homelands. Piety of the North Star and Suenik the Beleaguered share the second place with 4 votes each and Tales of our Faarther received 1 vote. In total there were 39 votes, which is excellent and better then last year.

2011 CrusadAAR's Chalice Winner: Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR, by General_BT.

2011 SilvAAR Goblet Winners: Piety of the North Star, by Saithis and Suenik the Beleaguered, by Iain Wilson.

2011 PewtAAR Cup Winner: Tales from our Faarther, by loki100.

Many congratulations to the four of you and especially to General_BT! I'd also like to thank everyone who voted. Give them your thanks and see you next year if all goes according to plan in the CK2 AAR-forum!
    Last edited by Qorten; 07-05-2012 at 17:42.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Blasted Conniving Roman General_BT's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    *bows*

Thank you to all the people who voted for Rome AARisen... this is truly a great and humbling honor, especially when compared to the amazing three other AARs up for the Chalice this one last time! I'd like to thank my readers most of all--without all of your encouragement, support, and critique, I would not have had the courage to write a narrative AAR that long, or the fortitude to push it through until the bitter end. Thank you... you made this possible.
    Awards
    My AARs:
    The Good One - Rome AARisen, a Byzantine AAR (Third map epilogue, 5-02-2012!)
    Table of Contents
    The Funny One (In Theory): Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool (Dead)
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)
    The Teenage Girl One: Dear Diary, by Helene Palialogos (NEW UPDATE 06-10-10!)

+ Reply to Thread