Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DD16 - Keep the good times rolling: Part 2!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of Nations500k club

Great! I wish for price drop for AHD in the near future
    Game Developer East vs West - Softcoding Team / Research Apps. / The Map 1
    Arsenal of Democracy Technical Team Mod2
    Hungarian leaders for HoI2 3 / Hungarian Improvement for HoI34

Darkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...h-AI-is-bugged

Is this problem fixed? You can't just ignore massive AI problems!

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Robotkiller View Post
    It's to discourage the idea of using pre-existing features already in mods and using them in a patch.
    Given that we don't use or particularly examine mods, any similar features are either coincidence, necessitated by there being only one sensible/historical option, or a result of beta feedback from betas enjoying or being involved in mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagá View Post
    The whole movements system is barely noticeable in vanilla. And foreign investment doesn´t make a huge difference either.
    Dunno what you're playing, but I certainly notice the effects of movements when I play, and foreign investment can make a huge difference in contested SoI areas and a large difference in the goods recieved from SoI members.
    Last edited by Darkrenown; 31-03-2012 at 14:08.
    Relentless madman.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Wminus View Post
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...h-AI-is-bugged

Is this problem fixed? You can't just ignore massive AI problems!
    I ran a quick game to '61 and checked RUS:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rus1.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	51307
    Relentless madman.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks great. About to try it out. Thanks for the continued development of AHD.
    Henri Renard - Minister of Wallonia - Deputy for Liege -KKP- Brewer/Entrepreneur - Died of sepsis following a wound suffered during a duel with the Viscount
    Formerly Simon Giroux - Minister of Labour - Deputy for Charleroi - Belgian Social Union - Deputy Leader

Formerly Willem Goossens - Deputy for Brugge - conservative - President of Belgian Veterans Society 1818-1871
    Originally Jean Galler - Deputy for Brussels - Constitutional Delegate and Signer of Belgium Constitution
    in Edge of Europe- A Belgian Interactive V2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    The problem, unfortunately, is that rebels can't be victorious while a war is ongoing. So nationalist rebels could overtake their cores, and not only would they have to wait for the war to end before they could declare victory, but the invading nations might have to fight them in order to achieve victory.

But I suppose there's only so much one can do about that.
    Isn't there a way for PI to make your enemies rebels neutral / friendly to you? That would hopefully help a lot with this problem (as long as provinces taken by your enemies rebels no longer count against you in the war score).
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    I ran a quick game to '61 and checked RUS:
    Attachment 51307
    hes banging on about rus not researching empirasism or something (by the 1900's or some thing)
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

I can't even begin to say how happy this made me in my pants.
    Now I wouldn't exactly mind being able to form Bolivia-Peru or having Ottoman cores on Egypt (if nothing else then as compensation for taking away the Arabs), but I can work very well with what we have here.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I'd like to have an option to get quickly from a province to its factory overview. (More details here.)
    Nationality: Czech
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Anarcho-Liberal
    Issues: Laissez Faire/Full Citizenship
    Cash Reserves: Rising
    Militancy: 4 (-0.01)
    Consciousness: 9 (+0.10)

amazing improvments. i would like to in the future see an event to get heligoland off britain without needing to go to war.i like includeing gran colombia, and i hope you keep up the good job.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    there are a ton of countries, imaginary and otherwise that could be added. We decided to add 3, but ended up with 5. Doing a united states of south america did come up, as well as a greater scandinavia, but truth is you could go on forever I hope some mod adds them though

Wow, thanks for the response! is great to know that it was at least considered! specially the USSA. In any case, a few new nations each patch would be a very cool plus for all future patches, i don't know how much time it takes to create new nations or code the event chains for them to happen, but 2 or 3 a patch would be quite nice.

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Celdur View Post
    Wow, thanks for the response! is great to know that it was at least considered! specially the USSA. In any case, a few new nations each patch would be a very cool plus for all future patches, i don't know how much time it takes to create new nations or code the event chains for them to happen, but 2 or 3 a patch would be quite nice.
    it does take some work and research, but it gives people something new to try out in the patch which is cool
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by StormLightsBane View Post
    It's official... I HAVE TO get AHD!
    This. But it might be hard to get out of my current CKII obsession.

When will I be able to install this patch through the games update option?

It always makes me happy to see PI supporting their fans with patches like this. You guys are great.

In the next patch, you guys should consider adding the ability to fund foreign rebels. Use your own money and resources (small arms and the like) to make a rebel movement in another country stronger, etc.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    The United Baltic Duchy - Another new nation in Eastern Europe, the UBD is a union of the Baltic states (Minus Lithuania). Perhaps united they can stop Russia from re-absorbing them?
    I love this! This was my first mod for V2. I also made something similar for CK2.

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    hes banging on about rus not researching empirasism or something (by the 1900's or some thing)
    In the thread he links to he says "Hi, so basically the Russian AI never researches any philosopy techs."
    Relentless madman.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Latin American Union.
    1. Form Gran Colombia
    2. Use the 11100 (crown from the gutter) event
    3. wait for it...
    4. wait for it...
    5. BOOM!
    6. Gigantic Latin American Union
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrynian Rebel View Post
    Crusader King II: So You Thought You Were a Good Person

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

The patch looks really nice

But, for some reason a bug I reported hasn't been fixed; in the event_modifiers.txt file, some modifiers which in events are applied as country modifier, have instead province effects. Like these ones:

Code:
    extraterritoriality_granted = {
    	pop_militancy_modifier = 0.15
    	icon = 10
    }

military_reform = {
    	leadership_modifier = 0.2
    	pop_militancy_modifier = 0.3
    	icon = 18
    }

educational_reform = {
    	research_points_modifier = 0.05
    	pop_militancy_modifier = 0.07
    	icon = 5
    }
    Code:
    liquor_prohibition = {
    	pop_militancy_modifier = 0.05
    	tax_efficiency = -0.05
    	icon = 2
    }
    Code:
    great_depression = {
    	factory_output = -0.3
    	rgo_output = -0.3
    	tax_efficiency = -0.05
    	loan_interest = 0.02
    	pop_militancy_modifier = 0.2
    	pop_consciousness_modifier = 0.2
    	icon = 12
    }
    AFAIK that will mean they won't increase militancy at all.

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest that the educational_reform and the folkis_educates country modifiers be changed to make use of one of the new AHD modifier effects, "education_efficiency_modifier", so they will affect literacy increasing instead of only research point generation, since that seems appropriate.
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

200k clubHoI AnthologyDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaya con Queso View Post
    Arabia, Gran Colombia, and Poland-Lithuania?
    If they added an event to allow Brazil to change to democracy, AHD would be my favourite game ever.
    Why? I am not an expert on Brazil but I was under the impression that the monarchy was toppled in a coup de etat. Would that not simply be simulated by soldiers mutinying and then establishing a military dictatorship?

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsane View Post
    Er... honestly, I must say that I am of the opinion that it does not. On the plus side, it shouldn't be that hard to make a non-generic decision for Krakow forming Poland (not that I am saying you should add it - although it might be a good thing for a later patch, hint hint - but that even my relatively limited modding ability should be able to handle it).
    I have to agree, it is not that I particularly like Krakow, I just think that Krakow becoming Poland makes a lot of sense, and am not quite so convinced about a revived PLC, nonetheless a really great patch!
    Peter Ebbesen: To guarantee success, rename Victoria 2 to something like "Victoria's Secret: An Encounter Under the Sun"

We'll Protect America! : a (Kaiseriech) USA/AUS AAR Ongoing

"As for myself, my course is clear. A British subject I was born — a British subject I will die. With my utmost effort, with my latest breath, will I oppose the ‘veiled treason’ which attempts by sordid means and mercenary proffers to lure our people from their allegiance. " Sir John A. Macdonald
    "A flag that does not contain the greatness of your heritage is no flag for a nation" John Diefenbaker

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast