• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glass to see the Great Wars being fully integrated in the game, is the dismantlement system identical with the one in the mod?

Then what about PLC? Only Poland can create it if it has Belarus? Doesn't seem right for Belarus or Lithuania to create it. Also it was based on dynasty-monarchy things so it's even stranger.

They are two completely different countries. Poland needs the cores, which includes Belarus, just like Serbia needs Bosnian cores to form Yugoslavia

And this is why Paradox is my favorite game company.

Thanks! Now I actually have a reason to play Egypt and Colombia...

You can form Arabia with any Arabian nation and you can form Gran Colombia with any of its successor states, so you have reasons to play all of them!

Glass to see the Great Wars being fully integrated in the game, is the dismantlement system identical with the one in the mod?

The Great Wars mod is set up to make CB's much cheaper (warscore-wise) when a Great War is in progress... but also adds the dismantling effect as part of the base Great Wars CB.

The Great Wars part of 2.3, as near as I can tell, just uses the CB's part... but the ability to keep countries in the war and fighting will make that considerably more viable. By the time the war is concluded, it's likely you'll have a LOT of wargoals added on. It also looks like they've made the system very moddable in its behaviors (both in terms of when Great Wars will kick in down to how much cheaper CB's will become when the system is in place), so it should be very fun to play with.

There's a lot of stuff that PDM already has. I do like the great wars mechanic though, but more unique content would be appreciated.

So, let me get this right: you're actually complaining on a FREE patch that ADDS CONTENT and not just bugfixes? A patch to one of the most content/feature-heavy expansions PI has ever released?

Gran Colombia is in and not the Peru-Bolivia confederacy? at least the confederacy actually existed in the Victoria timeframe!

Would be super cool if it can be added!

And since we are playing fantasy here, why not add a "Bolivar's Dream" chain of events to unite the whole of South América minus Brazil? i'm sure it would make for interesting games!

Could be akin to the unification of Germany...

Last edited:
So, let me get this right: you're actually complaining on a FREE patch that ADDS CONTENT and not just bugfixes? A patch to one of the most content/feature-heavy expansions PI has ever released?

It's to discourage the idea of using pre-existing features already in mods and using them in a patch. When you count everything else that was fixed in this patch though, it is still definitely appreciated.

It's to discourage the idea of using pre-existing features already in mods and using them in a patch. When you count everything else that was fixed in this patch though, it is still definitely appreciated.

Not everyone uses mods. In fact, I'd say the minority of Vic2 players do. I fully support Paradox taking features used by mods (not saying that this is where they got any of this stuff from, necessarily) and incorporating them into vanilla for everyone to enjoy-- frankly, they have the tools to do this stuff better than the mods can, anyhow.

Gran Colombia is in and not the Peru-Bolivia confederacy? at least the confederacy actually existed in the Victoria timeframe!

And since we are playing fantasy here, why not add a "Bolivar's Dream" chain of events to unite the whole of South América minus Brazil? i'm sure it would make for interesting games!

That would be a bitching mod, but I don't really think it would be too plausible. Certainly more realistic than Byzantium though, and Poland-Lithuania probably.

Damn, I'm sad my suggestion on releasing nations came too late to make a difference. :p

This looks great! Interface improvements, Great War improvement, new countries, AI improvements and loads of bug fixes, excellent stuff! And good to see you guys are still working to improve the game.

It said that it's just a cut down to size...

its a specific wargoal called great war capitulation, but works much like cut down to size. I dont know the details about how the great wars mod work, but any disassembly of a country I think is already handled by the existing mechanics, eg the attackers can demand release of countries (AI in 2.3 is more interested in this) and during terrible wars nationalist rebels are not unlikely to pop up.

there are a ton of countries, imaginary and otherwise that could be added. We decided to add 3, but ended up with 5. Doing a united states of south america did come up, as well as a greater scandinavia, but truth is you could go on forever :) I hope some mod adds them though

and during terrible wars nationalist rebels are not unlikely to pop up.

The problem, unfortunately, is that rebels can't be victorious while a war is ongoing. So nationalist rebels could overtake their cores, and not only would they have to wait for the war to end before they could declare victory, but the invading nations might have to fight them in order to achieve victory.

But I suppose there's only so much one can do about that.

Although this means Krakow can no longer form Poland, we hope the PLC makes up for it.
Er... honestly, I must say that I am of the opinion that it does not. On the plus side, it shouldn't be that hard to make a non-generic decision for Krakow forming Poland (not that I am saying you should add it - although it might be a good thing for a later patch, hint hint - but that even my relatively limited modding ability should be able to handle it).

its a specific wargoal called great war capitulation, but works much like cut down to size. I dont know the details about how the great wars mod work, but any disassembly of a country I think is already handled by the existing mechanics, eg the attackers can demand release of countries (AI in 2.3 is more interested in this) and during terrible wars nationalist rebels are not unlikely to pop up.

Well the Great Wars Mod also allows for entire colonial empires to be dismantled. So if a GP looses a Great War, all existing civilized countries that have cores on that GP get them back, all possible civilized countries get released from the GP and all its colonial territories are divided between the victors (it's a pretty complex thing, you can read about it here). It's designed to allow what happened after the First World War happen in the game (i.e the breakup of Austria-Hungary, the confiscation of Germany's overseas empire, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.