• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Burning, should we have a generic event with belligerence trigger, something like "Warning by League of Nations" which if they don't back down, they'd get could DoW'd by the majors? I'm not sure how we would make it generic though (in terms of forcing peace with all known enemies).

It can be tiered, first a warning, then sanctions, and finally war. Would prevent too much aggressive expansion.
Yea, that's a good point. We definitely will need that but with a bit of sophistication. We could kickstart using that during the Russian civil war, and and apply it to non-historical conflicts. I'll add it to the todo list.

Code:
not = { country = BEL }

works, i guess you didn't put it into the right location in the event. See the documentation for the basic structure of an event. The trigger-clause actually is called trigger = { ... } and should be located somewhere beneath the events id (reads like "id = 133xxxxxx"), so you should have an easy time spotting it :). Just put in the very first line of the trigger, (add a new line, copy & paste "not = { country = BEL }" there ).

Yea, that's a good point. We definitely will need that but with a bit of sophistication. We could kickstart using that during the Russian civil war, and and apply it to non-historical conflicts. I'll add it to the todo list.

Code:
not = { country = BEL }

works, i guess you didn't put it into the right location in the event. See the documentation for the basic structure of an event. The trigger-clause actually is called trigger = { ... } and should be located somewhere beneath the events id (reads like "id = 133xxxxxx"), so you should have an easy time spotting it :). Just put in the very first line of the trigger, (add a new line, copy & paste "not = { country = BEL }" there ).

I still don't get it, there are so many of them.
Just an example 'ere..

Code:
	action = { 											
		name = "We have exceeded our land force limit of 10 divisions."
		trigger = {
			atwar = no
			# not for case 1:
			not = {
				and = {	
					or = { 
						and = { 
							year = 1932 
							or = { ideology = fascist ideology = nazi } 
						}
						year = 1935
					}
					or = {
						local_flag = disarm_army_10
						local_flag = disarm_army_25
						local_flag = disarm_army_50
						local_flag = disarm_army_75
					}
					# not for weimar 
					not = { and = { 
						country = U08						 
						event = 13300200					# if it is a defeated nation
						atwar = no								# and not at war
						not = { event = 13300213 } # has not jet started to fall to extremism
					} }
				}
			}
			local_flag = disarm_army_10
			army = 19
		}		
		ai_chance = 1	
		command = { trigger = { ai = yes } type = demobilize which = land when = 0 where = 0 value = 10 }
		command = { trigger = { ai = no } type = dissent value = 10 }
		command = { type = deactivate_unit_type which = infantry }
		command = { type = deactivate_unit_type which = militia }
		command = { type = deactivate_unit_type which = garrison }
		command = { type = deactivate_unit_type which = bergsjaeger }
		command = { type = deactivate_unit_type which = cavalry }
		command = { type = deactivate_unit_type which = hq }
		command = { type = local_setflag which = geared_down_army }

See, that isn't even half of the first trigger, and I saw there is a text file called Naval Treaties, is it possible that one needs to be done too? Which of the triggers do I need to do then, all of them?

Edit: Can't you just do it for me and upload it if you know perfectly where to do it? xP Haha.

Your installation is broken, as i already posted in the other thread. Chances are high the patch also didn't get installed properly in your case, and most likely the mods will only be applied in part and not get updated correctly. You should reinstall your game to a proper location (which is not your program files and program data directories), and get additional help on how to do this on the DH-full tech support forum. They have ninjas there: :ninja:

Hi Burning! I had to re-install AAR three or four times but now it works fine. Thanks for your help and for this great Mod! :D

No. Can you provide more details, or is it not a one-off thing?

It fixed itself a little while after the war started, happens every time, though.

Another thing, WWI just ended historically, though the Austrians were offed first, so Poland has a weird capital. Also, why did Finland and the Baltics never form after a German victory in Russia?

France and GB took provinces that were German at the time, but now that the war is over and the Soviets got their territory back, it looks like those provinces are never going back to the Soviet Union (though the French ones should belong to Poland). One thing that bugs me about HoI games, you can not be at war with somebody, and yet they can have your provinces.

EDIT: Here are the saves from this war, if you want to take a look.

0m9Sq.png

Last edited:
Germany probably went with soft conditions, so no Finland. That's not a part of AAR.

The Polish-Russian border war should hypothetically fix borders. I set border changes to when = 2 (absolute). Although it requires the territory to be owned by SOV...hmm...maybe I should make the triggers broader.

Thanks for the save, but the image is more than enough. Post-war border cleanup is rather hard to fix and requires case by case reporting/fixing due to the countless weird things that could occur. Thanks for the report. :)

Germany probably went with soft conditions, so no Finland. That's not a part of AAR.

The Polish-Russian border war should hypothetically fix borders. I set border changes to when = 2 (absolute). Although it requires the territory to be owned by SOV...hmm...maybe I should make the triggers broader.

Thanks for the save, but the image is more than enough. Post-war border cleanup is rather hard to fix and requires case by case reporting/fixing due to the countless weird things that could occur. Thanks for the report. :)

So, do I have to basically restart since GB and France have those territories (plus the Finland issue)?

So, do I have to basically restart since GB and France have those territories (plus the Finland issue)?

I guess it would be easiest to go back to a save before the peace-agreements and let the AI try again. Those outcomes are part of DH-full, and I guess they are OK too. Issue is: with a soft peace, you would basically also go completely ahistorical; maybe the Wiemar republic would not have been such a mess then?

(this is one of the causes why we set the mod to use the new autosave-format: so you don't loose years of gameplay due to the AI choosing that crazy 1% peace-outcome.)

I guess it would be easiest to go back to a save before the peace-agreements and let the AI try again. Those outcomes are part of DH-full, and I guess they are OK too. Issue is: with a soft peace, you would basically also go completely ahistorical; maybe the Wiemar republic would not have been such a mess then?

(this is one of the causes why we set the mod to use the new autosave-format: so you don't loose years of gameplay due to the AI choosing that crazy 1% peace-outcome.)

Will do. I'm a little disappointed since, as Japan, I landed 11 divisions in Alexandria, rushed them into an undefended province to the left of Gallipoli and zerg-rushed Istanbul, ending the Middle-Eastern campaign in a few weeks. Originally did this with the intent of conquering Bulgaria, but for some reason they did not capitulate after I acquired both their VP's (waited a week), then Germany came to their aide and drove me back.
If they AI didn't auto-cancel every battle you put them in when you have their army under your control, I could have used Serbian aide. :/

Hopefully I will be able to catch the AI off guard again, haha.

Do you think you guys can just disable the option for the AI to choose the soft-peace decision? Just make it a 0% chance. I know you guys don't like touching Vanilla events, but this does hinder the ability to transition into the '36 campaign (the point of the mod).

If they AI didn't auto-cancel every battle you put them in when you have their army under your control, I could have used Serbian aide. :/

Will be fixed in 1.03, afair, was a 1.02 bug.

Hopefully I will be able to catch the AI off guard again, haha.
Perhaps you will this time also be able to puppet bulgaria :)

Do you think you guys can just disable the option for the AI to choose the soft-peace decision?
Yea, sure, just add an event-option-trigger to that french event, and make it say something like:
Code:
trigger = {
  not = { ai = yes }
}

So you will still have the ability to do soft peace, but the AI can not.

Whenever I attempt to post on the cfuchs site, it denies it to "prevent potential spam", so I'm just going to post here.

Deciding to not sign the treaty gives Belligerence to a different nation other than yourself.
This also happens sometimes during the "Peace in Our Time!" event that happens every few months during the interwar period.

"That's what you get for asking me to sign the treaty, Italy!!!" (I'm obviously Japan)

3EwXa.png

EDIT: 2,500th post, I'm now a Field Marshall, yay. Now drop and give me 50, subordinates!

Last edited:
Is the AI falling asleep another issue outside of your control? My German AI refused to do anything once they conquered Poland. I deleted all the French units in 1941 and the Germans still refused to do anything.

Is the AI falling asleep another issue outside of your control? My German AI refused to do anything once they conquered Poland. I deleted all the French units in 1941 and the Germans still refused to do anything.

We made no changes to 1936 scenario. Any and all bugs regarding WWII should be reported to DH Full. At the same time there may be something making ai switches not work though, which we can take a look at once I find the ai event. Please file a bug report on the AAR website. Thanks. :)